Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Mattwo
KalebThePro
MasterMisha
LeGladiateur
brunder
Chaotic11
Lowtier4life
Battle95
King A-Game Darini
ShadowWalkerEH
chaorcrew
Lynxx
Michaelnono
Regandpledge
1bigwarriors
koiboi
ElementalDraco218
trackerjacker
Sparten11
bobosmith01
Mero123
hughjk
CladNKaos
KingMaxxor4
brainard52
SUPERBRADEN9
30 posters

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:21 am

LeGladiateur wrote:I think 4kids actually become a new company under a new name called 4Licensing Corporation.

For my part, I think it is possible for them to continue the current game. Howerver, they would have to release an intro set with the most basic cards or something close so the newcomers can get into the game.

For the new set by the group. I'm not rejecting the idea. In fact I've never really paid attention to what was made by the fans. I personaly prefer to play cards I actually own and that are official. But creating the cards and everything, would that not remove the fluctuation of the stats that is really nice to the game ?

I just though about that. If there really was a new version of the game coming. Do you think they would open back the old Chaoticonline website ? This would help the old players, but it would not be appropriate if they wanna keep selling cards.

So I see 3 options here:
    1- They would have to continue developping a new version and forget the old one
    2- They continue the version we know
    3- They continue the old one and develop a new version, wich would be really good to keep the old players and the newcomers.
    You are correct about them becoming a new company. But that company has recently just declared bankruptcy and is selling (sold) its assets to pay off dept. Hence why I said for good.

In terms of what they can/should do, if they are legally allowed to continue from where they were. I think re-releasing sets internationally would be a good place to start. But imo, if they start at DOP, they should redesign the sets to account for balancing of later sets.
    If they restart the game entirely, I hope they have some rebate policy that allows players with collections to get online packs/cards with the old codes!
    If they do both, well that would cause a confusion in terms of how online would be maintained (or sometime like "wild mode" in hearthstone), especially in physical tournaments. It would be the least-sensical option from a business perspective.
    LeGladiateur
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Chaotic Username : LeGladiateur
    Chaotic Coins : 137

Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who currently owns the Copyright/Trademark for Chaotic?

Post by LeGladiateur Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:18 am

Well that bankruptcy ain't good news ...
    Still informations that are nice to know. What would happen of their Chaotic rights ?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:31 am

My speculation is that Gannon grabbed them. But I have no way of confirming this. Heck if I had a good lawyer (and money) I would have tried snagging them hehe
    MasterMisha
    MasterMisha
    Common

Chaotic Username : MasterMisha
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by MasterMisha Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:40 am

I would love nothing more than for Chaotic to make a triumphant return, but if there were any plans to do anything with it, they would have taken place 9 years ago. At this point, the difference between "official" and "fanmade" is negligible.
    MasterMisha
    MasterMisha
    Common

Chaotic Username : MasterMisha

Post by MasterMisha Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:10 am

Sorry for the double post, I saw a tweet from Gannon back in November saying he "never stopped working to liberate the game for its current state."
    KalebThePro
    KalebThePro
    newb

Chaotic Username : KalebThePro
    Chaotic Coins : 5

Post by KalebThePro Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Any new news?
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Chaotic Username : Hastur
    Chaotic Coins : 38

Post by Lynxx Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 pm

LeGladiateur wrote:Well that bankruptcy ain't good news ...
    Still informations that are nice to know. What would happen of their Chaotic rights ?
    It was Konami who grabbed 4licensing and they struck a deal with nickelodeon for yugioh so nickelodeon now through 4licensing have permission for the dub.To add now 4licensing is the american version of NAS that gives permission to tv tokyo to do the anime in japan.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Ah that makes sense, Konami has wanted its rights back from 4kids before this whole disaster began...
    What do you mean by 4licensing is the american version of NAS? Was that before or after their bankruptcy in 2016? How does that affect Gannon's ability to get the rights to Chaotic?
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:44 am

Marrillian wrote:Ah that makes sense, Konami has wanted its rights back from 4kids before this whole disaster began...
    What do you mean by 4licensing is the american version of NAS? Was that before or after their bankruptcy in 2016? How does that affect Gannon's ability to get the rights to Chaotic?
    NAS is the ones who hold the rights to images and other media in japan 4licensing would be the same in america but for dubing in this case since nas still holds the rights in america for all forms of media as for chaotic I don't see them releasing those rights unless we see the same situation that happened with TMNT and Gannon gets a hold of the brand but needs to redesign the characters.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 92

Post by Mattwo Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:09 am

Marrillian wrote:You are correct about them becoming a new company. But that company has recently just declared bankruptcy and is selling (sold) its assets to pay off dept. Hence why I said for good.

Recently? No, that was before they changed the name, get your facts straight man. Also Konami gave them back their license to Yu-Gi-Oh!. Anyone who watches Jimquisition would probably agree with me that Konami only did it because they consider 4kids to be kindred spirits.

They did file for bankruptcy in 2016 but they are still around and still have the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh!, as well as distribution rights Tai Chi Chasers, which is korean btw (Cubix was as well), Rocket Monkeys, Viva Pinata and Chaotic (just to be clear, I don't think they have the right to make new episodes of anything but the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V right now, they may or may not already have the rights to dub Vrains but I don't really know how that processes works) http://www.4licensingcorp.com/

Lynxx wrote:It was Konami who grabbed 4licensing and they struck a deal with nickelodeon for yugioh so nickelodeon now through 4licensing have permission for the dub.To add now 4licensing is the american version of NAS that gives permission to tv tokyo to do the anime in japan.

This is entirely inaccurate, Konami only gave them the license back. Apparently 4Licensing is currently owned by Intel and Technicolor SA by 50% each shareholder rights. Besides, Konami America apparently isn't actually as bad as Konami Japan, who have no direct business jurisdiction here.

Also Konami America has the rights to everything but the anime here. Also, the redesign of the TMNT characters was most likely an artistic choice, please prove to me otherwise.

Marrillian wrote:Not sure who holds rights at this point. Technically it may be 4Licensing Corporation. Their website still lists chaotic under properties.

I wouldn't still be concerned about 4Licensing Corporation since they've filed for bankruptcy: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160922006380/en/4Licensing-Corporation-Files-Chapter-11-Bankruptcy

4Licensing, a publicly traded company, last submitted a filing to the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission on March 21, 2016. 4Licensing noted then that it was being operated by a lone individual from an Oklahoma-based investment management firm that owns 33 percent of the company. All of 4Licensing’s other board members and employees had resigned and the company has “substantial unpaid liabilities.”
    https://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/4licensing-corporation-files-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy-protection/

Lets see how/if they try to come back once again... its non-existent at this point.

I wonder if they will accept a proposal to purchase the rights to chaotic.
    Haha make chaotic public domain ;P

Nothing happened: http://www.4licensingcorp.com/
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Mattwo wrote:
    Marrillian wrote:You are correct about them becoming a new company. But that company has recently just declared bankruptcy and is selling (sold) its assets to pay off dept. Hence why I said for good.

Recently? No, that was before they changed the name, get your facts straight man. Also Konami gave them back their license to Yu-Gi-Oh!. Anyone who watches Jimquisition would probably agree with me that Konami only did it because they consider 4kids to be kindred spirits.

They did file for bankruptcy in 2016 but they are still around and still have the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh!, as well as distribution rights Tai Chi Chasers, which is korean btw (Cubix was as well), Rocket Monkeys, Viva Pinata and Chaotic (just to be clear, I don't think they have the right to make new episodes of anything but the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V right now, they may or may not already have the rights to dub Vrains but I don't really know how that processes works) http://www.4licensingcorp.com/

Lynxx wrote:It was Konami who grabbed 4licensing and they struck a deal with nickelodeon for yugioh so nickelodeon now through 4licensing have permission for the dub.To add now 4licensing is the american version of NAS that gives permission to tv tokyo to do the anime in japan.

This is entirely inaccurate, Konami only gave them the license back. Apparently 4Licensing is currently owned by Intel and Technicolor SA by 50% each shareholder rights. Besides, Konami America apparently isn't actually as bad as Konami Japan, who have no direct business jurisdiction here.

Also Konami America has the rights to everything but the anime here. Also, the redesign of the TMNT characters was most likely an artistic choice, please prove to me otherwise.
    The tmnt issue the fact that the korean studio that was the same one that did the last seasons of chaotic still hold the rights to the designs.an interview bakc in 2012 and a mention of a new company being made with 4kids employees.
    https://icv2.com/articles/comics/view/23540/the-4kids-yu-gi-oh-transition
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 pm

I have yet to hear anything about this new "Konami-owned 4kids company", in fact they claim their chairmen on board of directors have been around since 2010 and in one case, 2005. http://www.4licensingcorp.com/investor/corporate-governance/

I can't find a single mention of Konami on their website.
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Mattwo wrote:I have yet to hear anything about this new "Konami-owned 4kids company", in fact they claim their chairmen on board of directors have been around since 2010 and in one case, 2005. http://www.4licensingcorp.com/investor/corporate-governance/

I can't find a single mention of Konami on their website.
    Gonna go with I have my info wrong here. What actually happened is in 2012 4kids got split between the guy you mention, Saban (power rangers) and konami. Konami took all the yugioh stuff and took the animation production side and remade it into 4kmedia arcording to this wikipedia article.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_Media_Inc.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Well then... That's disappointing...

P.S.
    I merged threads since they were talking about the same thing
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Marrillian wrote:Well then... That's disappointing...

P.S.
    I merged threads since they were talking about the same thing
    Yeah sorry for my screw up. But I still stand with if Chaotic comes back it will not look the same as before.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon May 01, 2017 5:08 am

Lynxx wrote:and took the animation production side

Umm no, it's the anime localizing (or if you prefer because it's 4kids, "americanizing") side. They don't produce anime, they modify it.
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 am

Mattwo wrote:
    Lynxx wrote:and took the animation production side

Umm no, it's the anime localizing (or if you prefer because it's 4kids, "americanizing") side. They don't produce anime, they modify it.
    It's for the production of the dub ie modifying riceballs into sandwiches.The matter is resolved now you're just nitpicking.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Mon May 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Production is not the same thing as editing. The word production implies creation, not modification. Modifcation is the job of editors and international distributors/publishers, not producers.

Yes I am nitpicking but that really ticks me off how you're not using the right word...
    Lynxx
    Lynxx
    Common

Post by Lynxx Tue May 02, 2017 7:40 am

Mattwo wrote:Production is not the same thing as editing. The word production implies creation, not modification. Modifcation is the job of editors and international distributors/publishers, not producers.

Yes I am nitpicking but that really ticks me off how you're not using the right word...
    That's your problem then lol.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue May 02, 2017 9:34 am

I'm stepping in and telling you two to not continue this pointless disagreement. All future posts along this vain will be deleted.
    thiagovs
    thiagovs
    Common

Chaotic Username : thiagovs the
    Chaotic Coins : 28

Post by thiagovs Tue May 02, 2017 10:49 pm

either way, i've sent an e-mail to them.
    Alea iacta est.

the worst thing it can happen is a big no.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Wed May 03, 2017 12:45 am

To who, 4K Media? They only have Yu-Gi-Oh! and I tried emailing 4Licensing before but the email listed on their site was wrong so it can't be them or you would have gotten the error message back by now... Unless your email service doesn't have a postmaster bot like AOL does anyway...
    Ursis of the Frozen
    Ursis of the Frozen
    Common

Chaotic Username : Ursis of the

Post by Ursis of the Frozen Thu May 11, 2017 4:57 am

4KIDS ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING, INC I emailed them asking what their price was no responses yet.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Thu May 11, 2017 8:16 am

Yea, that's 4Licensing. I already tried their 4info email, it doesn't work. Which email did you use?
    Ursis of the Frozen
    Ursis of the Frozen
    Common

Chaotic Username : Ursis of the

Post by Ursis of the Frozen Thu May 11, 2017 1:43 pm

4sales

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:11 am