Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
bobosmith01
CSpacian
6 posters

Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion

CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion Empty Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion

Post by CSpacian Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Another Creature of the Week, (Although a day late, oops).

Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion
    Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion 1_177450

Stats:
    C: 65
    P: 40
    W: 80
    S: 80
    E: 60

Abilities:
    At the beginning of combat, Ebkeex gains all Elemental Types your Creatures have.

Brainwashed: At the beginning of combat, Ebkeex gains all Elemental Types your opponent's Creatures have.
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion Empty Re: Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion

Post by bobosmith01 Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:36 pm

It's pretty good, in my opinion.
    The main problem with it is that other then Elements, it doesn't have much to offer, AND you need a combination of creatures with at least all elements but Air. Still, if you have a multi-element deck that could use a Creature and already has the correct utility, put it in. (Or an element deck in general, it's really nice!) It's got quite a few Battlegear that work with it, though!

I wouldn't really recommend using it brainwashed-it's certainly not bad, but it's a gamble, and there's probably better slots for other Creatures at that point.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion Empty Re: Creature of the Week 3: Ebkeex, Patchwork Minion

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Along the lines of it being a gamble, a safer way to use his brainwashed abilitiy is by running deep dirge. But I agree, building an elemental deck around him is meh.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:22 pm

overall yeah he's at home in an 3-4 element deck mostly since not many creatures can get 4 elements without gear which can be a huge plus.

he therefore works good with any card that benfits creatures with alot of elements carnival of confusion, intress natureforce and landgore to name a few random ones.

his biggest weakness however is his courage a weakness shared another 4 elementalist heptaad it falls in the scary 55-75 range a range ripe for the ever present lord von bloot servant of aa'une. But since you don't need to use his gear slot to give him any elements a courage boosting battlegear can fit in here nicely such as citadel fragments or armbands of lore.
    It should also be noted that he is a league reward card meaning he is no longer attainable in any sort of form so Frown

if you're making a 4 element deck I would definitely consider him
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Yeah, I just messed around with him in this week's Team Building Competition and I just really found his two abilities to be really amazing or at the very least interesting. His stats aren't horrible unlike a lot of Creatures that are so easily capable of using multiple Elements. Plus I used him with Mysterious Clawbade to allow him to expend AIR before getting engaged for an extra 50 Speed.

For a Creature that can fairly easily get all four Elements his stats, Energy, and the like aren't horrible and are actually quite nice. He doesn't need any Battlegear. And there's enough nice Elementalists in the Overworld that can really create a deadly deck.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:29 pm

He's like a lamer Arctus, that's the best I can say about him, lol. He is generally more reliable than Arctus though in his elements, so if you're running pure elements, that's a factor
    bobosmith01
    bobosmith01
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Alexrayboy
    Chaotic Coins : 289

Post by bobosmith01 Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:46 pm

He's WAY more reliable. Arctus might have better Courage, but he has to rely on being ajadcent, or having a Pauldron. Meanwhile, Ebkeex doesn't even have to rely on a Pauldron and can use Citadel Fragments to boost his stats overall higher then Arctus, barring Courage.
    lazerbem
    lazerbem
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : lazerbem
    Chaotic Coins : 596

Post by lazerbem Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Good positioning can generally take care of Arctus's abilities. Ebkeex is more offensive and can be used to dig into your enemy's backrow. Arctus is more defensive and works better when shielding creatures near him
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Yeah, Ebkeex has some good stats and unlike Arctus all of his stats are quite well and he doesn't have to worry about Battlegear which gives him a lot of variety. They both suffer from pretty much the same problems.
    Ebkeex's higher stats also give him a lot of defensive capabilities unlike a lot of the Creatures with four Elements. His only stat which is really subpar is Power and, I guess, Courage, but Citdal Fragments boost both of those up pretty high. With the Fragments not many Creatures can get Speed or Wisdom checks off on him and even his courage at 85 max is pretty cool. Only Creatures with 100 Courage can get off Challenges.

I suppose another small boost to Ebkeex is that he is a minion which allows him to be used with Loyal M'Arrillians (not Chieftains obviously), but also Nourishing Nocturne and a couple of other cards designed to support Minions. There are quite a few cards designed to support Minions, so that's a small boon for him as well.
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:59 pm

his courage is 75 max #nitpicking
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:56 pm

Ah. I can never find the ranges for Creatures only a couple of stats. The highest I saw somebody talk about was 75, so I didn't know. Still going up to 95 with Citadel Fragment is pretty good, high stats in everything is a pretty good way to increase your bulk, especially when you have an extra ~60 Energy to support you.
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Why use mysterious claw blade when you could use levitaar.. I guess if your're already using too it's good. And you just gotta know how to use him effectively. All 4 elements us great. If you wanted you could use him in a non element using deck then you could run Numin fo a hefty energy gain..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm