Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras?

Poll

Best Deck of the Week

[ 1 ]
    Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Bar_left25%Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Bar_left75%Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Bar_left0%Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Chaotic Username : CSpacian
    Chaotic Coins : 351

Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Empty Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras?

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Another week, another deck competition!

Teambuilding Competition in general click here: Rules

Now onto the prompt!
    1. The goal this week is to create a deck based around Underused Ultra Rare cards.
    2. I went to Tradecardsonline and searched through the decks submitted for Ultra Rare cards. Any and all Ultra Rare cards are supposed to be good, correct? Well, not all of them are created equal.
    3. The following Ultra Rare cards all have less than 25 decks built with them in it. So our job this week is to build a deck around one of them.
    4. You may only have ONE Ultra Rare card in your deck this week. This is to keep from allowing other Ultra Rares to overshadow this one.

Creature Name - Number of Decks
    Necrabe- 7
    Nimmei, Expedition Overseer – 7
    Eben'abakku-14
    Rath-Tab – 18
    Lore, High Muge of the Hive – 17
    Topar – 19
    Hammerdoom, Chantcaller-20
    Enre-Hep-22
    Katharaz- 23
    Fliandar-24

Last edited by CSpacian on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Empty Re: Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras?

Post by Chiodosin1 Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:38 pm

aww man there's too many options!! I can't choose!! someone else make a deck first this time
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras? Empty Re: Team-Building Week 6: Underused Ultras?

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Eh, while the deck isn't complete I'm planning on using Eban'Abakku. I've always liked the idea of randomizing attacks, but found it hard to pull off. So I'm planning on using him

As for the number of selections it was originally going to be just 10, but only Necrabe and Nimmei made that cut. I've also thought about going up to thirty, but there are some serious powerhouses who are allowed at that number. Lyssta has 26 decks, Lore AC is at 30 exact, Fal'Makin is at 31.

I'm just super surprised at how many Danian Ultra Rares there are here. Danians really got the short end a lot, huh?
    Chiodosin1
    Chiodosin1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : Chiodosin1
    Chaotic Coins : 1095

Post by Chiodosin1 Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:36 am

Man, I love me some Katharaz he was my first ultra and probably my favorite Danian. lore is a close second so I'm using both of em (This deck would be slightly better with 2 Katharaz but I only have one so if your rich in cards go for it) stragey is simple give your opponent elements to get 45-60 energy with katharaz's effect.

Cathedral (get it, kathy-drill)

want more pictures? here yah go http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/showDeck/deck_id/573806

Creatures

1 2 3
    4 5

1. Nimmei(regular)@ evergreen tunic
    2. Katharaz @ Drilldozer
    3. Nimmei(regular) @ Drilldozer
    4. Illexia @ mipedian baladeers flute
    5. Ketun @ elementalist's paldrons
    6. Lore HMotH @ mipedian baladeers flute

Mugic

Danian element choral 2x
    song of symmetry 2x
    katharaz's cacophony 2x

Locations
    mount pillar reservoir 2x
    The rao'pa sahkk chimegrid 2x
    galrom forest 2x
    storm tunnel flooding 2x
    stronghold morn 1x
    The Phlogiston 1x
    Attacks

Burning rain 2x
    Inner flood 2x
    symmetry slam 2x
    primal smash 1x
    flood force 2x
    earth pulse 2x
    twister of the elements 2x
    airsult 2x
    swarming destruction 2x
    Ice disks 1x
    whirling wait 2x
    King A-Game Darini
    King A-Game Darini
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : agame
    Chaotic Coins : 700

Post by King A-Game Darini Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:09 am

"Call to Arms"
    It's a straightfoward General Tangath and Hammerdoom deck.

1.Lt. Hammerdoom HoeCaller/The PimpHammer
    2.Major.Massibalt/Drilldozzer
    3.Corp.Brimflame Whepcreck or Private Bladez/Husk
    4.Tangath Toborn Original Gangster/Xerium Armor
    (max health required)
    5.Private Biondu or Drill SGT. Dakamaal Melee trainer/Phobia Plates or Phoenix Belt.
    6.Military Analyst Vidav,Master Strategist/Mipedian Flute or Muges Tuningfork.

Mugic
    Melody of Mirage,fanfare of the vanishing,or ageis aria
    Canon of Casualty
    Unbalancing Battlesong
    Opus oposed or Resurgance.
    Strain of clarity
    Depeds really..

Attacks are power and fire. Have a Magma might,and maybe a Mipedian generals stance if you feel like it.
    Locations like the northern Range highlands,gorrams briefing etc. Stuff that hurts min and Mar are good.

It's just a fun deck really. The deck isn't to straightfoward.
    But works in many situations. Hammerdoom's the main fighter. He should be able to tear through danians and Underworlders fairly easily. Idea here is to try and use northern range and Vidav to ensure you get a lot if not SOME use out of him.Masibalt is there for Tangath. I like using Unbalancing battle song and I thought he'd use it well. Along with Being able to use your canon on him situationaly. Brim/bladez are just filler for mass and tangath,aegis could work well with bladez. Bondu..I though of using dibani but I thought what the hay Biondu is Never used and he's cool the miped mirage is what I'd run. It could save his or another's life and then Bion is a glass canon. Use the phonix,a strong enough move and strike 15 hope for the best. Tangath is just all around beastly so definetly gonna use him. Vidav again just extra mc for opus and for hammerdoom cause he's the Star!.

Hope you liked it.

I thought about running jig of reinforcement but idk I wanna add a bimower..

Also chio you used 3 ultras in that deck.. Illexia and Lore are banned aparently. I'm guessing The Doomhammer is okay seeing as I'm guessing you meant only 1 Creature ultra.. and really The doomhammer is a part of hammerdoom and it only compliments him with the strat but if not then give him an axe I guess..
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:58 am

The initial reason for me wanting to limit the number of Ultras in a deck is to make sure these guys shined so no other Creatures or cards take over. Like to say create a burn deck with Zamool and Kopond and then throw Hammerdoom in and say 'Look, I used Hammerdoom so my deck is clearly within the limits'.
    So I'm fine with using the Doomhammer as you are using it to compliment Hammerdoom and I don't mind what Chiodosin did either (especially since Lore is underused as well, I'm a bit more iffy with Illexia, but as its in there for supporting Katharaz I'm more inclined to say its a pass).
    I probably should've worded it a bit better. Its on me.

"Random Fun"

On a side note here's my submission.
    1 2 3
    4 5

1. Laminkal w/Torrent Krinith
    2. Nunk'Worn w/Kharall Shard of Chance
    3. Laminkal w/Torrent Krinith
    4. Dror'niq w/Orb of Unda
    5. Part'Soa w/Orb of Unda
    6. Ebana'bakku w/Weightless Energy Vessel

Locations:
    2x Riverlands
    2x Everrain
    2x Mount Pillar's Reservoir, Nethuar's Foothold
    2x Mipedian Dew Farm
    2x Glacier Plains, M'arrillian Melting Camp

Mugic:
    Tonal Destruction
    Vexing Waveform
    Fluidmorpher's Fanfare
    2x Curemorph Chords
    Unheard Melody

Attacks:
    0BP:
    2x Sleet Slide
    2x Burning Rain
    Lisquescent Swirl
    Fluid Flame
    1BP:
    2x Rip Tide
    2x Eidolon Advance
    2x Essential Evaporation
    2x Flood Force
    2x Morphwrath
    2x Outfreeze
    3BP:
    Fluidmight (or Rainspears)
    5BP:
    Supercooled Rain

Okay, so I decided to use Ebena'Baku with his randomizing attacks and a bunch of bulky Fluidmorphers. Nunk'Worn is there to force as many battles as possible while randomizing attacks, you don't really need his first ability as all attacks are Water attacks anyways (minus Fluid Flame), but everything else is.
    Part'Soa is there to reduce stats for the longhaul and just be a general nuisance, Lamin'Kal's are just bulky and have Mugicians so once again feel free to switch them out. I just wanted bulk. They are also going to be the main Mugic casters if Nunk'Worn isn't free to cast willy-nilly.
    The Orb of Undas on Partsoa and Droniq is just to boost Mugic count as well as heal.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:33 am

Did I forget to post something saying that the week is over? Did I forget the poll or something? So far only one vote has been cast, so I'm assuming I did. Well, I'll extend the voting period to Saturday to make sure its fair.
    I knew I would forget something. I've been fairly decent recently that its surprising.
    CSpacian
    CSpacian
    Rare

Post by CSpacian Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:25 pm

King A-Game has won with 2 votes, Chiodosin1 came in second.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 am