Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
KingMaxxor4
Mattwo
NightWing
AcetheWindRider
OneMajorPain
conchors
MasterMisha
Everfree
gerbot150
Leivi1998
LeGladiateur
chaorcrew
TangathCat
Klaus Vander
thatkidmaxxor
Terabyte
King A-Game Darini
Riversong
hughjk
thiagovs
Yoloking666
asinistaj
SpeedplayerA
theJazza
kbTroi
brainard52
Overworld Rider
lazerbem
Chiodosin1
CSpacian
bobosmith01
ElementalDraco218
36 posters

CHAOTIC GAME APP

kbTroi
    kbTroi
    Common

Chaotic Username : kbTroi
    Chaotic Coins : 20

CHAOTIC GAME APP - Page 4 Empty Re: CHAOTIC GAME APP

Post by kbTroi Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:37 am

hello everyone, can you guys do me a favor, i need the stat ranges for creatures
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 am

LeGladiateur
    LeGladiateur
    Rare

Chaotic Username : LeGladiateur
    Chaotic Coins : 137

Post by LeGladiateur Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:41 pm

This looks like one of the most epic APP ever ...
    I can't wait to see how it looks like, how it works, etc.
    Leivi1998
    Leivi1998
    newb

Chaotic Username : Geoivi
    Chaotic Coins : 6

CHAOTIC GAME APP - Page 4 Empty Chaotic!!!

Post by Leivi1998 Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:52 am

Hi everyone! i posted a video on YouTube a little more than a year ago and recently got some questions about the possible return of the game Chaotic. So I've been searching the internet for a few weeks now and i finally found something hopeful... This! I would really like to know if there are any updates about the progress of this app that is being created. Has the development stopped, slowed, or is it still going as smooth as possible? I would really like to hear some good news. I've been a fan of chaotic since 2008 and I've been hoping for a reboot ever since!
    kbTroi
    kbTroi
    Common

Post by kbTroi Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:16 am

alright it has come past due for an update, but this is not just a "how are things going", it is also a question to you guys..the end users.
    on "upload"(since we dont have access to the original codex) you will use default classes for every card..user input pulls its respected class(ie/ chaor), and user input is allowed for things such as energy, courage, power, speed and wisdom(all of course, must be within a pre-determined range) as well as the code(the code that users input is the name of the new instance/class...at this point, you can enter any 14 character code(including 2 spaces), the code itself is the name of the new instance/class,.so you can enter Anything you want..as long as you do not repeat that given "code" at any point in your "collection". one of the question is..how many of you would be willing to give your actual codes?..eventually we can begin to recreate the "codex", as we have come to call it, if enough players are willing to do so.
    also ill mention how battle will work, unlike tco, mathematical operators along with loops, if/else statements and boolean data types/values will take care of the game play..so if you like manually adjusting your creatures stats and energy levels..stick with tco :p
    as for locations.. i would personally like to know if you guys would prefer to do one "shuffle/random" and go through the deck one card at a time or every turn is a new random card, giving the potential (1 in 10) to using the last location..this idea has been suggested to simulate the "randomizer" depicted in the tv show.
    also is there any numbers between 0 and 65535, that anyone of you guys thinks would relate to the game itself, we May end up using it for the port number...
    and this will hopefully be the last time i edit this...what sort of information are you guys willing to disclose on your profiles..there is little sense in making fields for certain information..if noone will use it, ie name, bday, country, age...haha height...alright the last one was a joke...but seriously..what are some fields that you guys would like to use and view not only on your own profiles but as well as other players?
    Please enjoy your day/night! Smile
    Yoloking666
    Yoloking666
    Common

Chaotic Username : Yoloking66
    Chaotic Coins : 25

Post by Yoloking666 Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 am

are there any new updates
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 am

"like manually adjusting stats" ha good one

I wonder if you guys could implement an "upload" system which takes a photo of a card and parses all that information off of it. Otherwise manually inputting 6 sets of fields can become tedious (not that uploading codes to begin with wasn't haha). I believe that this will provide a more accurate/consistent system for building the codex, free of user input errors. Although I have no experience with image processing, so I'm unsure how difficult of a task it would be. But yeah, if I'm going through the trouble of "uploading" cards using a range of stats, I might as well input the code.

I think the idea of "shuffling" for the locations is cool if you wish to deviate from the physical aspect of the game. But I think it would be better to be left up to the players at the beginning of each match (with the default being non-shuffle).

I think that country and age are the only fields that people tend to use. Although it would be nice if your system allows persons to input any of the birthdate fields without requiring others - year or month (optional day). eg. I tend to leave out day when I can.
    gerbot150
    gerbot150
    Common

Chaotic Username : greglymaster
    Chaotic Coins : 44

Post by gerbot150 Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:22 pm

What platform is this planned for?
    kbTroi
    kbTroi
    Common

Post by kbTroi Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:26 am

will be cross-platform, all you will need is your machines respected jvm
    kbTroi
    kbTroi
    Common

Post by kbTroi Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:54 am

currently on hold, will get back to you guys soon(ish)
    AcetheWindRider
    AcetheWindRider
    newb

Chaotic Username : Ace
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Post by AcetheWindRider Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:32 am

Hey all. Names Ace. I was actually an original player back in the first run of chaotic (remember needing to download the client on your computer just to play? ) I use to go by the name: alexphantom8 (yeaaahhhh)

Regardless, I am so excited to see there's still a community still alive for this game and there have been some waves of news lately.

First off: I'm glad to be able to say that Card games aren't dead. And this is a perfect time frame chaotic to return.

Second: just a personal thought, but with the advancement of smartphones literally more advanced than the code scanners in the show. Perhaps this could be a useful idea to use for inputting our card data into this app?

There is actually a yugioh app that you can scan cards to have holograms in VR, and it shouldn't be to far of a concept to convert.

And lastly, this app could be very impressive, just looking at games like yugioh duel links, animation throw down and hearthstone. There is alot of potential here for this game.

From my own personal experiences from many card games played. Digital is just such a progressive platform and this series was way ahead of its time. So I support this project and hope to hear more from it
    Everfree
    Everfree
    Common

Chaotic Username : Everfree1992
    Chaotic Coins : 14

Post by Everfree Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:04 am

You know, it may seem alright, but you do need to the creators of Chaotic if you want this to succeed. I would advise some caution.
    Yoloking666
    Yoloking666
    Common

Chaotic Username : Yoloking66
    Chaotic Coins : 25

Post by Yoloking666 Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 am

Is there a possible release date yet?
    kbTroi
    kbTroi
    Common

Post by kbTroi Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:29 am

hey guys, so currently the group that was is pretty busy right now, but i still have some free time in my mornings/early afternoon, right now im working on a script for battles where the battle board changes with the location, i just need an image for ..most of them, i just googled a couple but only found 2 large enough ones(im not very good with photo editing), if anyone has any free time and would like to help, im looking for clean locations!!
    MasterMisha
    MasterMisha
    Common

Chaotic Username : MasterMisha
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by MasterMisha Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:27 am

Hey guys, it has been way too long since I posted here but I have been lurking around for awhile now. I wanted to wish you guys the best of luck for creating this app you are giving every loyal Chaotic fan, myself included, hope that the game can make a return.
    conchors
    conchors
    newb

Chaotic Username : Corchaneo
    Chaotic Coins : 2

Post by conchors Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 am

kbTroi wrote:hey guys, so currently the group that was is pretty busy right now, but i still have some free time in my mornings/early afternoon, right now im working on a script for battles where the battle board changes with the location, i just need an image for ..most of them, i just googled a couple but only found 2 large enough ones(im not very good with photo editing), if anyone has any free time and would like to help, im looking for clean locations!!

Once I'm back back home, I'd be willing to scan the art for the few cards I have (sadly when the game was out and easily accessible I was not able to get many), but is that a high enough resolution? Taking a picture of a small object with a high resolution doesn't necessarily make for a good scaled up image either. If you want them, I'd be glad to share what little I have, once I'm no longer swamped with work
    OneMajorPain
    OneMajorPain
    Common

Chaotic Username : 1MajorPain
    Chaotic Coins : 36

Post by OneMajorPain Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 am

kbTroi wrote:hey guys, so currently the group that was is pretty busy right now, but i still have some free time in my mornings/early afternoon, right now im working on a script for battles where the battle board changes with the location, i just need an image for ..most of them, i just googled a couple but only found 2 large enough ones(im not very good with photo editing), if anyone has any free time and would like to help, im looking for clean locations!!

Are you looking for the actual card locations?  I have nearly all of them.  I have a couple digital art programs and Intuos pen and touch.  I am not a professional but do decent work.  I am a pastor so I cannot promise a lot of time to the project at once.  What are you needing?
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Chaotic Username : Mattwo
    Chaotic Coins : 92

Post by Mattwo Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

I'm not holding my breath or getting my hopes up just yet, also that site linked earlier in the thread looks like it wasn't coded properly... That's not a good sign IMO. HTML isn't a particularly difficult thing once you know what you're doing.
    AcetheWindRider
    AcetheWindRider
    newb

Chaotic Username : Ace
    Chaotic Coins : 3

Post by AcetheWindRider Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Ok. So I just realized 2 things that might help make this a bit easier.

First is, for the beta. Maybe you guys should start with dawn of perim if that wasn't already your plan.

And second is something that I think could help find all of those card arts you need.

So I remembered in class that there's a website that let's you see what a Web page looked like from the year it was created to the current day.

If you use that, then you could probably find alot for the pictures you are missing.

Now I'm not 100% if it's the correct name but I believe it was called "the way back machine".

Hope this helps.
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:11 pm

The wayback machine won't be able to help much I'm sure, pages will only show up when they're archived there, the snapshots for those pages could be either really old or non-existent.
    NightWing
    NightWing
    newb

Chaotic Username : NightWing
    Chaotic Coins : 4

Post by NightWing Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:21 pm

I hope this game comes out soon
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:14 pm

NightWing wrote:I hope this game comes out soon

At the rate things have been going, no one should be holding their breath right now. It's not coming any time soon except valve time soon.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Half life 3 confirmed? (I couldn't resist sorree)
    zaquar
    zaquar
    Common

Chaotic Username : zaquar
    Chaotic Coins : 17

Post by zaquar Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:49 pm

how's it going???????????
    Mattwo
    Mattwo
    Uncommon

Post by Mattwo Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:46 am

zaquar wrote:how's it going???????????

You should really just cool your jets and wait. These things take time. At the rate things are going, it's going to take far longer than a month for new developments.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm