Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Malcolm9
IflarFan
Terabyte
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
9 posters

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Chaotic Username : malcolm9
    Chaotic Coins : 116

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize - Page 3 Empty Re: Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

Post by Malcolm9 Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:18 am

*malcolm9 grabs a calculator and punches numbers*

Well, I guess it has to depend on how many people bother to click on it - as far as i see, some people love to stay in the General Discussion and others in Teams. So we have a little exclusivity goin' on... Maybe we should do the "Teams" Section vs the "General Discussion" Section xD
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize - Page 3 Empty Re: Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:45 am

By newsletter I mean mass email... Did you not get it?
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:56 am

Great Apologies, I have multiple emails and I can't keep track
    Firebringer4
    Firebringer4
    Common

Chaotic Username : Firebringer4
    Chaotic Coins : 8

Post by Firebringer4 Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:54 am

alright, suppose I should throw my two cents in, I heard your post marrillian. Nicely written I must say. I could never type that well, eh, ill bore you with that another time, I got a few suggestions if you want to try em. 1. only generic mugic
    2. a 3v3 deck but only 1 mugic card (you could use that card multiple times
    well ill bother you all again when I got more ideas for you.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Re-Useable mugic eh...?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Firebringer4 wrote:alright, suppose I should throw my two cents in, I heard your post marrillian. Nicely written I must say. I could never type that well, eh, ill bore you with that another time, I got a few suggestions if you want to try em. 1. only generic mugic
    2. a 3v3 deck but only 1 mugic card (you could use that card multiple times
    well ill bother you all again when I got more ideas for you.
    Opes did I forget to give credit to Malcolm??? Yea... I didn't write a thing XD
    Only generic mugic is practically like banning cards... which were are not doing.
    We already decided on 6on6m
    Only having one mugic is an interesting concept...
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:24 pm

I choose tonal.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:25 pm

One mugic is basically no mugic - as 1 denial mugic is all it takes
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:29 pm

He said it could be played multiple (wish I take as unlimited) times. Which means that it's rally up to wish side has the most Generic MC
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:19 am

That rule is just simply favoring some clabs over other e.g a Mixed deck (+Fluidmorphers).
    But I supposed that's the point of it - So seems good. Playball
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:03 am

Yeahhh, I still choose Tonal.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 am

Tonal bahahahahha
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:53 pm

So has this become a rule?
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:08 pm

*malcolm9 nods wisely as if an old sage*

Seems most if not all parties in the ruling community has agreed on a "Tonal Rule".

While this rule seems simple... It's going to actually make master decks rethink their deck a bit - since I believe (in my opinion) it's going to become an ability war (So... Creatures abilities are going to be the main changer - instead of mugic).

But if we do go for Tonal there is something we have to clarify, We have previously stated that the single mugic can be casted multiple times.
    Thus if an ability states "Discard a Mugic Card", Can we discard that mugic card and still use it?
    In the same way, is there going to be a difference between Refrain of Denial , "Dispel target mugic" and Cadence Clash - "Dispel target mugic and return that mugic card back to the owner's hand"
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:15 am

Pretty much, there is no sending to the discard if I understand correctly. I think we should also include the one mugic/ability per creature per turn Cool
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 am

I understand there's no discarding but does this count if a creature like say flipped Aa'une requests to discard a mugic card to destroy a creature.

This isn't say casting a mugic multiple times, but it physically says to discard it lol
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

I think this rule would ruin core play-ability... 
    Let's try something else.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 pm

It wouldn't ruin core-playability...

Just have to say, yea if it says to discard a mugic card, u discard it and u cannot cast the mugic again (since its in ure discard).

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:53 pm

And then there went the only 1 mc in the entire game...
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:31 am

~~~~~~GET READY FOR A MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT!!!!!~~~~~~~

No, I still support the 1 Mugic Card Rule or Tonal.
    While it very possibly this rule just makes mugic cards totally useless thus "ruining the core play-ability" of the game. The goal of this was to invent new decks that would not be "hindered by old metas." And if I remember correctly - (which honestly... may be a big problem - my memory is fading fast), the meta 6v6 masters decks normally relied a fair amount on mugic like the Zamool Burn Decks - (Using Zamool to stop denial mugic so they can free spam burn mugic killing everything.) or the Mipedians with all their interesting combinations with things like Gear Glissando etc. etc.
    Thus to create new decks that would not be hindered by the old metas... We either need to ban out certain cards - Zamool, Hune Paltinin etc. - Or limit the impact Mugic can have in a 6v6 masters match.

So let's see the "one mugic/ability per creature per turn" rule - At first glance, it seems to be a pretty good implementation. However isn't really a major factor in most decks imo. Unless they rely on a card that spams abilities like Najarin FF, it's a pretty weak rule.
    Clans like the UW and OW just needs to play the counters on the right creatures -> Kopond casting Burn and Chaor casting Song of Revival per say. -> it still has decent burn with Ulmar Perithon Racer expend fire for 10 + 1 {} Cannon of Casualty x2 + 2 Improvisational Melody for example. Since they have no {} damage mugic per say.
    Clans like the Mipedian who don't rely on mugic as much, makes this easier to deny mugic and perhaps stop abilities making it effectively an apprentice match (less to deny, as they can't spam mugic as much per say).
    Clans like Danians might suffer from this a bit with all the infection, disinfection, Hive Activation etc. etc. But once again, nothing too major - compost can assist with this.
    Thus the playstyle of clans doesn't really change that much. Old meta decks can still be used such as the Zamool Deck - granted to not as much great effect. But will still retain say 75% of its former strength.

Okay analyzing the Tonal Rule - Once again the issue of Denial vs Actual Mugic plays a part here. So let's presume it's Actual Mugic vs Actual Mugic first (or Non-Denial)
    Clans need to choose their mugic extremely carefully (esp since multiple casts are possible - clarification is required as to X amt of casts) - for instance if Unlimited casts of Canon of Casualty is allowed, we can presume a mass burn damage will amount - if Unlimited Casts of Gear Glissando is allowed - we can presume, they can have no battlegear. etc. etc.
    So in terms of Actual Mugic - there is a varied amount of choices that may not neccesarily be an easy decision - ex. Canon of Casualty may be a popular pick in terms of Unlimited Casts. But the OWers generally higher Mugic Count + Song of Resurgence may counter and exceed the burn dealt.
    And decks will have to be built around counters to that one mugic or to assist with that 1 single mugic.

In terms of Actual Mugic vs Denial Mugic - We can either presume - there will be no real impact by mugic casted by both sides. Maybe a mugic ability or two will past (due to lack of counters by denial side) - but damage will not be as significant as Actual vs Actual. This creates an ability vs ability battle. So creatures with activated abilities are now more important than ever. Guys like Arbeid can come out with less fear onto Burn mugic, guys like say Dakkamal, Melee Trainers. Granted these probably aren't the best examples of how to abuse this.

The point I'm trying to unsuccessfully make or tl;dr -
    {tl;dr] :  Considering the goal of this competition is to "invoke creativity" and make decks that aren't "hindered by old metas" - Making a tonal rule, thereby reducing the impact of Mugic - seems to be a direction to take it. The 1 Mugic/ability per creature is far too weak a rule alone. Putting the two rules together will likely make a new medium between Apprentice and Masters  (Masters without mugic)

Above all, this is a deck-building contest not a battling contest with restrictions. Treat it as such.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:42 am

We are going to see ability focused deck builds. This isn't bad tbh since there are many creatures who's abilities have been looked over because of their other weaknesses.

Have 6 mugic, but limit the usage to one mugic played per turn?
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:12 pm

That sounds like a better rule. There ya go!

That rule will work efficiently at dealing with the old meta threats.
    It's not a weak nor an Overpowered rule. (at least in my opinion)

The only clan I can possibly see this screwing up is MAYBE the Danians... But should be a minor concern.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Good we have made progress. Now any more suggestions or shall we begin? Because I feel that we should have some more rules. Remember these don't only have to be limitations, we can make rules that remove limitations cast on the game. Perhaps - "creatures may make an additional move after combat but may not initiate a new combat." (this wording still allows Dread Tread to be useful).
    or
    "Creatures with swift can move through occupied spaces of creatures without swift and less speed."
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:42 am

I think the current rule should be sufficient.

The extra movement rule doesn't bother me (from a deck-builders perspective) and is simply player dependant...

As for the swift rule - most swift creatures have range, and the ones with swift and without range aren't normally the strongest. No mugic or not... So... I would say its a rather weak rule.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 am

Well this is a deck building contest with playability in mind... and unless we vote to remove it, there is a mini tournament for the final prize placement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:53 am