Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Malcolm9
IflarFan
Terabyte
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
9 posters

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2754

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize - Page 5 Empty Re: Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Isn't that what I did? Or are we just trashing loyalty altogether to make way for extreme loyalty. Cause that would be fun.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Chaotic Username : malcolm9
    Chaotic Coins : 116

Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize - Page 5 Empty Re: Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize

Post by Malcolm9 Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Okay... let's trash loyalty -> extreme loyalty
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Ok. Then I shall add that and we can begin.
    Firebringer4
    Firebringer4
    Common

Chaotic Username : Firebringer4
    Chaotic Coins : 8

Post by Firebringer4 Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:01 pm

So im back from my mini break, marrillian will kill me if he remembers me any better then last time. Heh, so good to be loved, anyhow so i know extreme loyalty in, but to help other players maybe someone should make a complete list of rules so everyone knows whats what. - Firebringer4
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Rules are up, so good luck.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Rules are up, so good luck.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:53 am

See... here's where wording screws it up...
    Deck Building Contest for an Ultimate Prize - Page 5 Uboraan

Here's Uboraan.
    Extreme loyalty states: "Extreme Loyalty - normal loyalty does not exist. Everything is loyal to whatever is on the card, including flavor text. (That means Creatures will be loyal to their Tribe because that's included on the card and whatever else arises when scanning the card for info. So those cards that say Bodal Calculated mean that you need to at least include a Bodal in your deck.) Minions may still be used in M'arrillian decks."

Now suppose Creatures WILL be loyal to their Tribe because it is inscribed on the card. Thus mixed armies will not be possible - but Uboraan's flavored text further contridicts this by mentioning the word "Chaor". Thus Uboraan would be effectively banned as it has to be loyal to both the Underworld and Mipedians. Something which is clearly not possible.
    Keeping in mind the rule -> "No banning cards (or rules that would prevent cards from being used)"
    While you are not effectively banning a card per say - you are rendering a card somewhat...unuseable Smile

In either case... I wish all competitors best of luck!
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:33 am

Ok amending the rule.

Extreme Loyalty - normal loyalty does not exist. Everything is loyal to whatever is in the text (box) area on the card (yes, including flavor text) Meaning you must have at least other card that fulfills the condition. (Eg. cards that say "Bodal calculated" means that you need to at least include a Bodal in your deck. Eg. Cards that have element(proof) x must have a creature with that element.)

This will make the game wild.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:42 am

Chaor and Uboraan *shiver*

Anyone wanna see what I'm toying around with?  Big Grin Big Grin 
    https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t297-warm-up-deck-for-the-deck-construction-tourney
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Woah woah woah...So Loyalty doesn't exist at all?
    0.o
    I was saying more along the lines that creatures could bypass loyalty if it was in their flavor text...This changes everything. I can't wait to get home and start looking through my collection.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:31 pm

malcolmyeo wrote:Chaor and Uboraan *shiver*

Anyone wanna see what I'm toying around with?  Big Grin Big Grin 
    https://chaoticbackup.forumotion.com/t297-warm-up-deck-for-the-deck-construction-tourney
    This already breaks rules. You have a creature with "waterproof" without another creature with water. and you have a creature with "air 5" without another creature with air.
    Terabyte wrote:Woah woah woah...So Loyalty doesn't exist at all?
    0.o
    I was saying more along the lines that creatures could bypass loyalty if it was in their flavor text...This changes everything. I can't wait to get home and start looking through my collection.
    Yea, why not just take out the most fundamental rule in the game!!! This will be fun.

This has been pretty successful. If we are actually moving on. I think another newsletter is at hand.
    Firebringer4
    Firebringer4
    Common

Post by Firebringer4 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:49 pm

oh snap, no loyalty? JACKPOT! sounds great, cant wait to come in with my designs.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Well its a modified loyalty.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Hmm another Creature will water can be added swiftly... I'll chuck say Tangath IT in or Gronmor... Big Grin still works Smile
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:11 am

I'll probably have something up by Friday.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:12 pm

So has anyon made any progress. I was more busy with finals than I thought, plus I had some plans when I got home. I think we should send out a newletter if malcolm is up to it.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:24 am

I'll do one up, if you like... but I've been a bit out of loop so might not be as updated as last time ... uhm... I'll write one up during Christmas Eve I guess... Some relatives coming so I gotta get the house ready tomorrow!

First thing I'm gonna say to them is "Gday mates, Welcome to 'Straya"
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Take your time... this isn't much of a rush I guess XD and I don't know how effective the last one was.
    Firebringer4
    Firebringer4
    Common

Post by Firebringer4 Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Hey it worked on me, whenever i get a letter in my email is when i bother to come back.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Ah that's a good sign.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:21 am

Sorry for the delay on the newsletter... with relatives over I've been out of the house non-stop and time isn't really fun...

KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:37 am

No problem. You really crank out good stuff.
    Malcolm9
    Malcolm9
    Rare

Post by Malcolm9 Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:26 am

That will probably be last newsletter of Chaotic... and after this tourney I will stop coming on here (and destroy everything related to Chaotic in my life) due to personal reasons. So probably best find someone to replace me.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:55 pm

SO THE REPORTS WERE TRUE! YOU ARE AN UNDERWORLD SPY!

On a real note, I'll be sad to see you go Frown Lets make this a success!
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Destroy? Like burn with fire? 0.o
    Frown

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:14 am