Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Blitser
Max20102
GigaGagagigo
lilsnoop
Terabyte
plokjhgfdsa
ketac123
Missedme101
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
ManOfAction
15 posters

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : Blitser
    Chaotic Coins : 425

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? - Page 6 Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by Blitser Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:48 pm

I've had the collection to do some serious damage with the Danians for years, but they're not my playstyle. I prefer simpler strategies and gimmicks in my decks. Not to say my decks aren't powerful anyway.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? - Page 6 Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by BlzvSprayTan Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:04 am

Terabyte wrote:Also, Blz, that gallery made me hurt. I went to right click the card images so I could pull up the opposing deck and cried a little inside.

Could you please post the specifics in the Gallery topic? It is in the anouncements forums.

Redirect:
    I believe Mipedians can be harder to play than Danians in masters. Danians tend to have less risks than the other tribes.
    Terabyte
    Terabyte
    Super Rare

Chaotic Username : Terabyte
    Chaotic Coins : 326

Post by Terabyte Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:37 am

It's not a glitch I was referring to. I was talking about nostalgia feels hurt. When in the Dromes you could right click (if I'm remembering right) and it would blow up the card image similar to how you have Illexia focused in order to view the MC count. I was just referencing how I muscle memoried that and was disappointed when my efforts were in vain.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:11 am

First off, apologies for the necropost and rant. There are a lot of things that I think were done wrong and right. Of the many things that happened wrong (lack of certain specialties, weakness of some "classics", ), but the biggest thing that irks me is the setting of confines. Just dividing this into spoilers so you don't have to suffer the full thing if you don't want.

Lack of Certain Attacks Specializations:

Tribal Cliches Became Hardset:

Overlooked Cards:

The Dreaded Crutch:

TL;DR It's been a lack of creativity on both the devs' and players' parts that killed some more room for unorthodox things, plus certain cards with people always "needing". But these are only the ideas of an old fool. Gonna cut it off here before I manage to get even more out of hand. Unsure
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Afjak∞ wrote:First off, apologies for the necropost and rant. There are a lot of things that I think were done wrong and right. Of the many things that happened wrong (lack of certain specialties, weakness of some "classics", ), but the biggest thing that irks me is the setting of confines. Just dividing this into spoilers so you don't have to suffer the full thing if you don't want.

TL;DR It's been a lack of creativity on both the devs' and players' parts that killed some more room for unorthodox things, plus certain cards with people always "needing". But these are only the ideas of an old fool. Gonna cut it off here before I manage to get even more out of hand. Unsure
    Even though this is far more elaborate than I would have done, I completely agree with what's been said here. But in all tcgs there are "staple" cards for each archtype, so I don't think that's too much that can be changed. But I know there were a very limited amount of combinations Attacks were very limited, I ended up making some of my functional decks AROUND the attacks instead of the other way around which I think defeats the purpose of the game. 

If a mainstream card game is created where true diversity exists, I will give them so much credit and definitely invest. But all in all, Chaotic's cards never promoted diversity even from the beginning. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember seeing a ton of UW fire/power/damage decks in DoP.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Over time attack cards were becoming easier and easier to use though. If all the attacks we ever needed were available from day one then the only way to make us buy new ones would be raising the scale for damage, a la Yugioh powercreep.

Every set has a few underused gems lying in wait to break away from the standard archetypes of their tribe.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:25 pm

You have a good point there. I didn't consider that angle. Hmm job security XD
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:44 pm

I'd have to agree with all besides your second point, to an extent. When it comes to tribal clichés, it is going to have to end up that way. If they were to allow mipedian fire decks besides a very niche deck, it could begin to override the decks that make sense: earth/air/speed stuff. They HAD to dump focus into what was mainstream per tribe because one thing was going to come out on top: so it might as well be what makes the most sense.
    Blitser
    Blitser
    Marrillian

Post by Blitser Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:13 pm

BlzvSprayTan wrote:I'd have to agree with all besides your second point, to an extent. When it comes to tribal clichés, it is going to have to end up that way. If they were to allow mipedian fire decks besides a very niche deck, it could begin to override the decks that make sense: earth/air/speed stuff. They HAD to dump focus into what was mainstream per tribe because one thing was going to come out on top: so it might as well be what makes the most sense.

I'm sort of in that half-agree area myself. The archtypes are there for a reason, and they serve the game well. Like if you want to run an UW deck about healing you should learn to suck it up and move to the right tribe regardless of whether or not it has your favourite creatures.

What I was getting at is that there's lesser known decktypes for each tribe. A great example would be how the Mipedians came to have a wonderful library of cards that increase recklessness damage on their opponents. That strategy started with Ribbian, but has only gotten better since then. Enre-Hep, Levitaar, Akkalbi, Aria of Enragement, etc.
    Oraklon Afjak
    Oraklon Afjak
    Rare

Chaotic Username : Afjak∞
    Chaotic Coins : 213

Post by Oraklon Afjak Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Astrum Somnus wrote:What I was getting at is that there's lesser known decktypes for each tribe. A great example would be how the Mipedians came to have a wonderful library of cards that increase recklessness damage on their opponents. That strategy started with Ribbian, but has only gotten better since then. Enre-Hep, Levitaar, Akkalbi, Aria of Enragement, etc.

When someone mentions a burn deck, Underworld comes to everyone's mind first, then Mipedian or the rarebird Danian burn. You know how many Overworld burn decks I've seen? One: mine. I ran Vexing Waveform, Rhyme of the Reckless, Akkrean and even the Hornsabre at a point. It would be nice to have more opportunities to break away from tribal norms, which might also allow for better tribe mixing. Do I expect my puny Overworld fire/wisdom burn to do as well as most Underworld fire/power ones? No. But I was much more proud of that than any cookie cutter UW burn I could ever build. It's nice to make something like that as opposed to choosing an archetype and playing Mad Libs with the same vanilla selection of cards. It's called "Chaotic", not "Rigidity".
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:16 am

To be honest, what made chaotic fun was the fact that it had boundaries set in place so that you couldnt just 'buy' your way through the game. They made each tribe having weaknesses and reduced variety to ensure that you couldnt just break the game. If overworld had an effective burn system, whats stopping a player just making an overworld heal+ burn deck that would never lose? I feel the set tribe boundaries created a fairer opportunity for all players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 pm