Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Blitser
Max20102
GigaGagagigo
lilsnoop
Terabyte
plokjhgfdsa
ketac123
Missedme101
BlzvSprayTan
KingMaxxor4
ManOfAction
15 posters

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ManOfAction
    Chaotic Coins : 123

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? Empty So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by ManOfAction Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 pm

It has probably been discussed already, but it's a conversation starter if nothing else. Personally, there are a few things I can think of:

#1 - They should never have shut down the old pad. It worked for everyone basicly and I even knew some people who prefered the pad over the dromes.

#2 - They shouldn't have tried to push out cards so quickly. They should've taken an extra month or two between packs to work out most of the bugs with the online cards before releasing the next set.

#3 - The starter decks left much to be desired. Their only redeeming quality was the 4 bonus cards. It was hard for new players to get started if they had a tight budget because let's face it, the only thing the starters really had any chance against were other starters.

Thoughts?
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Chaotic Username : KingMaxor4
    Chaotic Coins : 2744

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by KingMaxxor4 Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:30 pm

#1 People prefer inbrowser over download because no download...
    #2 agree 100%
    #3 hate starter exclusives
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better? Empty Re: So, what were some things you thought Chaotic could have done to make it better?

Post by ManOfAction Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Marrillian wrote:#1 People prefer inbrowser over download because no download...
    #2 agree 100%
    #3 hate starter exclusives

#1 - I know alot of people prefer inbrowser, but there was really no reason to shut down the old pad just because dromes came out. Most players already had it downloaded. I thought the dromes were a cool idea, but the old pad should not have been gotten rid of is my point. They should have both been allowed like the first few months after the dromes release. I'm not saying the pad was superior, I'm just saying since it already existed and so many people had it downloaded and used it, it was kinda foolish to shut it down and make it unusable.

#3 - They made collecting a pain, but they were really the only good things to come from them. I've seen a lot of different starters from a lot of different games and in terms of playability, Chaotic's were probably the worst.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Chaotic Username : BlzvSprayTan
    Chaotic Coins : 999

Post by BlzvSprayTan Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 pm

#1- I think they simplified code by putting it in the browser
    #2- I think they're code was not good enough to house all of the unique effects of some of the chaotic cards
    #3- Starters are pretty bad, but Owaykis and Gimweis are actually decent. Starters actually set up a fairly decent attack deck, one that set a good example.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:39 am

#1 oh yea. From what I heard it was a pain in the butt to add new cards/abilities to the pad...
    #3 yea, the attack deck was the only good thing about starters lol... its so hard to get a balanced deck with packs only :O
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:35 am

#1 - I still think it would've helped if they'd allowed its continued use. Besides, the code thing really didn't matter since they stopped adding the new cards to the pad after dromes came out. I was still content to play with the other 5~6 sets released up to that point.

#3 - That was the only semi-decent thing about the decks themselves though. I'll admit the Owayki 1 was decent, especially for their starter standards, but I think they should have put a little more effort into them so the new players wouldn't be at such a disadvantage. Starters shouldn't be overly powerful, but the gap between a starter and just a normal deck was substantial.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:01 am

#1 Oh I thought you were saying something like allow play between the unity browser and the pad XDWhich in the case of not updating sets wouldn't have made sense. TBH I actually (about 2 years ago) was able to play 1 match verse myself. It was pretty sweet, AU cards worked (I honestly don't know how, the images didn't show up, but effects like Xerium, Kolmo P's strike, and Before the Storm worked? how in the world?). I tried another match, but it never let me go for a second time.

I do also have to note that I wasn't able to use my main account. I used my original account and a friend's account to do it. I think it had something to do with my elo on my main account. My hypothesis is that since the elo was so significantly higher than any account I had access to, the que wouldn't match them together. (Makes sense).

Some people doubt me on this, so I really wish I had screen-shoted (or recorded tbh), I was expecting it to work more than once.
    Best part Kolmo P with Xerium = two chaotic card backs wrecking my other account ROFL. It was so hard playing with like half the cards not showing up. I can't remember if I could see the names of cards?
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:57 pm

#1 - No just completely seperate entities. The pad was fully functional and on most players computers. Even if the didn't update, it would still be used just like the 1 drome that only had access to the first set or two.

Wierd. O.o
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 pm

As far as other things Chaotic could have improved:

1. Advertise the forums on the dromes and the dromes on the forums. They were way too disconnected..
    2. Show how many were on a drome at a time, no matter what drome you were in. So if you were in beta, you'd be able to see 2 people online in Crellan.
    3. As far as cards go.. they needed to make cards better by adding better and better abilities, rather than vamping stats up with each set. I promise noone in DoP times saw an 80 base energy creature coming..
    4. Number of attacks, and perhaps locations, need reconsidered. I understand maybe in the future when there are numerous amounts of cards available, but up to this point decks have been to bland by the required 20 attacks and 10 locations. Primal Smash should'nt be in every deck.. it should be in decks where it is more fit.. but decks don't have 'fit' enough cards to do so.
    5. The show and the cards could have reflected each other more.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Chaor was 75, I'm pretty sure 80 wasn't too out of reach.
    4. Yea, regardless of the amount of attacks, they were so limiting. There should have been more flare cards with specific abilities that would fit different decks. And I think the BP really needed balancing... some of the attacks were too expensive while others were too op. Attacks with difficult requirements should have been cheap as an incentive to run *cough* allmegedon. IMO the attacks seemed the least "thought out" of all the cards.
    5. Bingo - so many people watched the show - I was disappointed more than enough times when cards didn't reflect the show.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:12 am

1. They really needed to do more advertising in general. Other than the commercial for its initial release, the only ads you ever really saw later were for the video game. Even their merchandise was released way too late into the game.

2. I could see how that might have been useful.

3. Maybe for some uber-card, but not in general. They did seem to be amping up abilities the last couple sets though, even though that didn't stop them from still making some insanely statted creatures.

4. I think it was a pretty good balance. There weren't really too many, but there weren't too few either. It gave enough room to play around, without hampering the deck too severely.

5. Yeah, I thought I was forgetting 1 of the original reasons I was posting this. I can easily think of 3 disappointments from DoP. Tangath was awesome in the show, but one of the worst in the set. Takinom is known for her fire, and is even wielding a fireball in her card art, yet she has no elements. Then there was Fortissimo that in the show grew the creature exponentially, but in reality it only increased all stats and energy by 5.....
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:39 am

3. Perhaps not outliers, but look at sets' averages. I guarantee that ALL stat averages increase with each set, probably significantly.
    4. There's a reason why the more elements you have the better an elemental attack deck is. You can't make a very successful 'Air attack deck'. If you look at Vollkomm.. there's two elements right there and I barely get 20 cards. Try making a courage deck.. without earth. I kind of get why more elements is or more disciplines should turn out better, but they should have made it where you can at least capitalize a bit off of one at a time.
    5. Yeah Fortissimo and Frafdo were probably the biggest let downs.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:50 am

3. I'd do the math, but that's a lot of math and I don't feel up to it. Tongue Overall, probably a little, but not a whole lot.

4. Yeah, I know what you mean. I understand that GENERALLY you'll have Earth and Courage or Power and Fire together, but it did make some deck concepts tricky that there were no Fire and Courage attacks for instance. You'd think considering how many attacks were released and re-released there would have been a bit more variety in the combinations.

5. Frafdo was a bit of a let down, but I still think the 2 biggest for me were Tangath and Fortissimo. Tangath did end up getting redeemed later though. Fortissimo though... I remember opening a DoP pack and pulling my only copy of Fortissimo. I had yet to see an online copy and didn't know it had been nerfed so horribly. Anyways, I saw the name and thought, "Now here's a Mugic!" and then I read its effect. Such a waste of a Super.
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:40 pm

At least Tangath was Meek, he actually has some good fighting stats for a meek creature. Frafdo was 35-45 energy(the most useless of energy ranges).
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Tangath was meek? I thought his low was 35...
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 pm

He was meek.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Marrillian wrote:Tangath was meek? I thought his low was 35...

Unfortunately you have it backwards. 35 was his max. Also, yeah, 35-45 is a sad range. To high to be meek, but not high enough for normal standards.
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 pm

Meek is not bad.
    ManOfAction
    ManOfAction
    Rare

Post by ManOfAction Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Marrillian wrote:Meek is not bad.

I never said it was bad, but it wasn't Tangath. Look at the show and tell me he was meek.
    Missedme101
    Missedme101
    Common

Chaotic Username : Missed me?
    Chaotic Coins : 13

Post by Missedme101 Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:44 am

Lmao yeah for real. It was an insult to tangath
    ketac123
    ketac123
    Rare

Chaotic Username : ketac123
    Chaotic Coins : 191

Post by ketac123 Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:23 am

they made a mistake in dawn of perim... they made all those creatures into some of the best cards in the game

Last edited by ketac123 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:45 pm

fuaar dude tangath looked so over powered in the show :'(
    BlzvSprayTan
    BlzvSprayTan
    Mipedian

Post by BlzvSprayTan Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:49 am

He did almost lose to a non-conjured Warbeast. That seems pretty weak to me.
    plokjhgfdsa
    plokjhgfdsa
    Rare

Chaotic Username : plokjhgfdsa
    Chaotic Coins : 218

Post by plokjhgfdsa Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:30 am

notice the 'almost' he didnt lose. thats all that matters xD
    KingMaxxor4
    KingMaxxor4
    Marrillian

Post by KingMaxxor4 Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:06 pm

What episode is this? And how do warbeasts exist without being conjured?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:38 am