Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Of Men and Mugic

monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : monkeymania1
    Chaotic Coins : 348
    Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Of Men and Mugic - Page 3 Empty Re: Of Men and Mugic

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:13 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter Five - Power of His Mind

=====(Mipedim Oasis)

Wally's glowing eyes narrowed, and his expression turned serious. "Let's take this from the top. Do you know how to activate the Chimegrid?"

Inhu'kalin shivered. "I-I don't know... I was never-"

"LIAR!"

The air in the room stopped moving. Inhu'kalin shrank against the wall.

Wally shook his head. "Try again. Do you know how to activate the Chimegrid?"

"I-If I told, I-I'll be punished..."

Wally narrowed his eyes further. "And who's punishment are you scared of?"

"...My Lord's..."

Wally widened his eyes. "Look down."

Inhu'kalin glanced down and cried out in shock. The ground had vanished, and he could see all the way to the core of Perim.

Prince Mudeenu stammered, "Um, Walter? If you break him, he can't tell you anything."

Wally snapped his head around, eyes blazing. "It's up to the M'arrillian whether he talks or shatters." He turned back to Inhu'kalin. "Do you know how to activate the Chimegrid?"

"...After that one time, my Lord wiped my memory of it..."

Wally smiled. "Say that again, please."

".....After that one time......my Lord wiped-"

Wally narrowed his eyes. Inhu'kalin was flexing the tips of his tentacles, one after the other.

"-my memory of it......"

Wally snickered. "And yet you move as if you were activating the Chimegrid right now. Your twitch betrayed you, Inhu'kalin. You have some explaining to do."

Inhu'kalin's eye widened. "Y-Yes, I do know how to get in, but the way changes daily! I haven't been told today's!"

Wally closed his eyes and shook his head. "Your tentacles are twitching again." He sighed. "I wish I didn't have to do this." He raised one hand and snapped his fingers.

Inhu'kalin screamed as the ground gave way.

---

The Mipedians watched Inhu'kalin writhe on the ground, crying for help. The candles were still lit. The ground had not given way. Inhu'kalin was trapped inside his own fears.

Everyone who could see turned to look at Wally as he stepped closer to the terrorized M'arrillain. He knelt down and whispered, "I can save you. I just need to know how to activate the Chimegrid gate. Tell me, show me, and I'll catch you before you fall into the flames."

"GIVE ME A TABLET!"

Mudeenu snatched a wax tablet from the table and put it in Wally's outstretched hand. Wally pressed the tablet gainst the M'arrillian's head, and symbols began to carve into the wax. Then Wally put his hand against Inhu'kalin's head, and the M'arrillian became still, panting heavily.

Wally stood up, the light gone from his eyes. He turned and held out the tablet. "Tiaane, Sobjek, we need to play this song on the Chimegrid."

Tiaane hesitated before taking the tablet out of Wally's hand.

---(Mugician's Lake)

The figure dressed in black stared at the body wrapped in cloth in the ground. He reached down, grabbed the edge of the cloth closest to the top of the body, and tore the burial cloth away.

Adam's body laid in the grave, untouched by decay. It was dressed in Mipedian burial clothing. Its arms were crossed over a yellow scanner with a cracked screen. The visitor knelt down, putting his hand in the grave, reaching for the scanner.

The body's hand twitched, and the visitor sprang backwards. The body's eyes weakly fluttered open. He clumsily tried to grab the scanner-

The scanner was gone. The visitor stood upright, hold the scanner in one hand and the shovel in the other. The body's eyes turned to look at the visitor. The dark figure placed the scanner on the headstone, then swung the shovel in a wide arc.

SMASH!

The scanner broke into tiny pieces. The body's eyes widened. His mouth began to open.

The dark figure pointed a hand at the body. The body blinked. There was a flash of white.

---

The dark figure walked away from the grave. Flames roared from the hole in the ground. A figure within the flames was slowly turning to ash.

The dark figure turned and knelt, tracing his finger in the sand. When he finished, the writing read:

"Here lies a monster,
    A M'arrillian with no soul.
    Our prayers go out to his victims.
    Those who died by Adam's hand,
    May they rest in peace."

The figure stood and covered his mouth and nose. The smell of burning flesh was getting strong. He turned and walked into the darkness of the night.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:14 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter Six - Grave Burner

=====(Dust Plains)

Seth and Wally rode on a Skeletal Steed. Prince Mudeenu, Tiaane, Sobjek, and a large number of the Mipedian army rode on their lizard-mounts. The sun was just beginning to rise.

Wally held his hand against his forehead. "Arg... my head hurts again."

Seth held Wally closer. "You're going to be alright. That was... rather unexpected what you did last night."

"It's a blur. I can't remember what I did."

"You don't need to remember if you don't want to."

Tiaane grew more and more on edge. Sobjek noticed. "Tiaane, what is the matter?"

"We are close..." Tiaane muttered.

"Ah," Sobjek breathed. "We will go around the lake if that is what you want."

"No. I cannot let what happened there prevent me from moving forward."

Seth lifted his head. "Do you smell something?"

The company stopped, sniffing the air. "It smells... rancid, like something burned here," Prince Mudeenu noted.

Everyone turned their heads to the source of the smell. Wally gasped. A black mist hung over the Mugician's Lake.

"Adam!" Wally cried out, steering his BattleGear towards the lake.

---

The air above the Mugician's Lake was thick with ash. A large black scar in the ground was all that remained of Adam's grave. Wally stared at the writing in the ground.

"It says, 'Here lies a monster, a M'arrillian without a soul. Our prayers go out to his victims. Those who died by Adam's hand, may they rest in peace.' Who did this?"

Tiaane looked around. The Mugicians that danced on the lake at night hadn't left when the sun rose. They floated very still above the waters of the lake.

Seth had tears in his eyes. "Someone burned it. Someone burned my boy's grave." He sank to his knees. "Why?"

Tiaane spun around, gripping his staff tightly. "I think that 'someone' is still here," he hissed.

The Mipedian army gathered in a circle around Prince Mudeenu, Seth, and Wally, facing outwards, searching the dunes. For a long time there was no sound.

Wally felt something against his feet and looked down. The sand he was standing on was blowing away. Wally watch the sand as it traveled to the top of a dune. "Over there!"

Sobjek whispered, "Song of Truesight. Seth, if there is a battle here, take your son and ride to the camp with the tablet." Seth nodded as the Mugic lit up his eyes.

Everyone watched as the wind blew the sand into a spiraling twister on the top of the dune. A dark voice came from inside it: "...the heart will still the hand, and the hand will still the heart.... Those are the words I sang when you first met that monster, Tiaane." The dust-devil blew away in an instant, revealing a figure wearing black robes.

Tiaane's eyes widened. "Th-the words YOU sang?"

"I looked into the heart of that monster, Adam. His future was grim. Whatever heart he now had was as black as the heart of his new master."

Wally shouted, "It wasn't Adam! Aa'une made a monster and had that monster control Adam."

The dark figure sighed. "And yet when I came to collect his soul, his eyes opened, and they were as black as his heart."

Seth yelled, "You did this?" He pointed at the smouldering grave. "YOU?"

The figure bowed his head. "It was needed." He raised his head. "Why do you mourn for his passing?"

"He was my son!"

"And the other human? I guess you are his brother?"

"Yes," Wally fumed.

The figure turned to the Mipedians. "This creature tried to destroy your home, and you give him a burial. Why?"

Tiaane stepped forward. "We adopted Adam into our tribe. The monster you speak of, we did not give him a burial." Tiaane narrowed his eyes. "What tribe is yours?"

The figure crossed his arms. "Tribes, species, race, allies, nothing like that matters. It doesn't matter whether the flag I wave is yellow, red, blue, brown, or black."

"Who are you?"

The figure was silent for a moment. "I guess that I can let you know. I am the one who walks through the Endless Sands."

The Mipedians murmered amoung themselves, slowly backing away from the figure. Prince Mudeenu shook his head and stepped forward. "Then what are you doing in the land of the living, if you are indeed the keeper of the dead."

Wally lowered his head. "He's hiding something. There's something he wants to keep us from knowing." Clouds gathered in the sky, covering the sun, and the desert became dark. "Something you said just doesn't fit." Wally raised his head, his eyes glowing blue. "I'm going to find out.

The Mipedians quickly backed away from Wally, but the dark figure stood still. He shook his head. "Do you really want to do that, human?" He stood up straight and spread out his arms. "If you do, then I am waiting."

A circle of light appeared around Wally, then grew to contain the dark figure. Wally smiled darkly. "Now, why are you here if you are the keeper of the dead?"

"Someone's soul was hiding from me. I came to collect it."

Wally narrowed his eyes. "Then why did you write, '...a M'arrillian WITHOUT a soul'?"

The figure was quiet. "You are correct. I did write that. I am not the keeper of the dead. But I did walk through the Endless Sands."

Wally tilted his head. "Then who exactly are you?"

The figure froze. Four circles of light appeared around him. "You will have to drag this information out of me. Each circle of light is a lie, human. Those lies protect the truth. Break my lies, and I will tell."

Wally nodded. "I already broke one. You are not the keeper of the dead."

"Indeed." The outer-most ring of light shattered into pieces. "Now what is my next lie? Be careful, human. You are putting yourself in danger pitting your mind against mine."

Wally nodded. "You burned the grave. Did you have a vendetta against him?"

"No." A ring of light glowed brightly.

Wally narrowed his eyes again. "That is your next lie."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:14 pm

The Line Between Justice and Revenge: Chapter Seven - A Ring of Lies

=====

Wally closed his eyes and placed a finger against his forehead. "Tell me, then, why did you burn the grave?"

"I was purging a black stain from Perim," the dark figure spoke.

"That stain being Aad'aam?"

"Who?"

"The monster who was controlling Adam."

"I see."

Wally rubbed his forehead. "Why was he a black stain?"

"He took many lives."

Wally opened his eyes. "Aha..." He folded his arms. "Do you know how he 'took many lives'?"

"I do not know how he did it, only the number of his victims."

"Then why is your hand drifting to your face, and your other hand over your chest?"

The dark figure put his hands down. "Is that odd?"

"Yeah, it is. Aad'aam's primary... execution method was to grab his opponent's face and smash..." Wally trailed off.

The dark figure crossed his arms. "I see where you're getting at. Yes, I know his methods. Including his little pet, Horror. But I could have heard it from a witness."

Wallytilted his head. "Why are you getting so defensive? I didn't say anything about how you knew."

"I... well..."

"I think you saw it first hand. Aad'aam attacked someone in front of you. Someone you cared about. That's your vendetta."

The figure stood still. "Well done." Another ring surrounding the firgure shattered.

Wally grinned. "This brings us to an interesting point, though. How well did you know Adam and Aad'aam?"

"I knew a little about Aad'aam, if that is the monster's name, but nothing about his host."

One of the two remaining rings began to glow. Wally raised an eyebrow. "Let me quote you on something. '...his eyes were as black as his heart...' How did you know that it wasn't his natural eye color?"

"...In my experience, humans never have eyes that are completely pitch black."

"In YOUR experience? How much experience do you have?"

"You humans can have a wide variety of appearances, but a few things always remain the same, such as the color of eye surrounding the iris."

"Your thumb is twitching. Why?"

"Yes, you humans also have that 'scanner' thing. I've seen many humans vanish using it, but Adam, I mean Aad'aam, is the first creature I've seen with this capability."

"I've got it." Wally was grinning again. "You keep on calling him 'Adam', the name of the human. But you are refering to the monster Aad'aam. And I know why."

"Enlighten me."

"You said that you looked into his heart when he first met Tiaane, before the M'arrillians captured him, and that he had a grim future. You know more about Adam than you know about Aad'aam, because you studied him."

The ring of light shattered. The dark figure nodded. "Before we continue, I want to say something."

Wally raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"I'm fully aware of what comes next, and I know that the image you are about to show me is an illusion, so don't think that what you are about to do will be easy. My last ring of lies is still quite intact."

"But at least seeing what you fear most will give me a clue as to who you are," Wally muttered. He raised his hand and pointed at the dark figure. "So, what do you fear?"

The ground below the figure began to ripple, and large black tentacles rose from the ground, wrapping around the figure's body.

Wally stepped backwards. "The M'arrillians. Why do you fear them?"

"A fear of the M'arrillians is common nowdays. I fear them for the same reason as anyone else would."

The final ring began to glow.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:15 pm

he Line Between Justice and Revenge: The Face Under the Hood

=====

"Tell me why you fear the M'arrillians so much."

The figure shifted his weight uncomfortably. "It's... complicated."

Wally sighed. "I'm pretty sure you can find a way to tell me."

"I... fear my mind not being my own. The M'arrillians take creatures and make them loyal to them."

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Wally laughed. "What I mean is, it wasn't so hard to make that up on the spot. Your head turned away before you spoke."

"...But it is completely understandable for someone to try and look away from his or her fears, right?"

Wally shook his head. "Except you looked directly at Aad'aam's grave, hardly the right thing to look at to escape your fear."

"Actually, that would be the perfect way. I destroyed the monster's grave, so I know I can beat the M'arrillians."

"Whoop-dee-doo, you burned the grave of an already dead M'arrillian. Try again."

"...It's comforting to know that they can be beat..."

"You're looking at the grave again."

The dark figure stood still. "I'm not saying anything more."

Wally raised an eyebrow. "Then I have to guess?" The dark figure didn't answer.

Wally folded his arms and looked into the distance. "I'm getting close. Destroyed a M'arrillian's grave... fears the M'arrillians... was there when Adam and Tiaane met- Tiaane? Did you see anyone else when you and Adam first met?"

Tiaane blinked. "Not that I can remember, but the Cave of Dreams is quite dark-"

"Cave of Dreams?" Wally interrupted. "Cave of Dreams... walked through the Endless-"

Wally's eyes widened. "The Endless Sands. The Mipedian afterlife." He turned back to the dark figure. "You died. The M'arrillians-"

"Let's not jump to conclusions," the figure stated. "They didn't take my life. I took my own to take a M'arrillian down."

Wally's eyes were wide. Then he grinned. "Ah! And THAT is why you fear them? The M'arrillian you took down was so strong that you sacrificed yourself?"

The figure was silent, but the ring surrounding him was pulsing. It wavered in the air, as if it would fall at any moment. Then the figure took a step forward. "I- I have to tell you one more thing."

Wally backed away. "Can't you just tell me from over there?"

The figure took another step forward, sliding through the illusion surrounding him. "No. My voice will... fail... if I try to say it." Soon he was right in front of Wally, and he knelt down, looking directly into Wally's glowing eyes.

The figure spoke, "I had to test you. I had to test all of you. I've been..." his voice faltered, "gone for a while."

Wally's eyes faded to normal, and the darkness in his voice vanished. "What are you talking about?"

"I can't say it. I have to show you."

There was a sudden breeze. The wind spiraled around Wally and the dark figure, picking dust up from the ground. Seth began to run forward. "Wally! Get out of there!"

Wally didn't turn. The ring of lies around the dark figure wobbled, then froze in the air. Then it shattered.

There was a bright flash of light, and Seth shielded his enchanted eyes. "Wally! WALLY!" When he looked again, there was a wall of spiraling sand around Wally and the visitor. "WALLY!!!"

Seth rushed forward, only to be held back by several Mipedians. Seth tried to shake them off. "WALLY!!! GIVE HIM BACK!!! WALLY!!!" Seth suddenly sank to his knees, sobbing.

Wally's voice came from the dust-devil. "Dad? It's okay, Dad. I'm still here." There was a pause.

Seth looked up. A strange object appeared in the dust storm, then flew out. It hovered in the air, then fell at Seth's knees. It was the visitor's hood.

The spiraling column of sand began to lower. Soon, Wally was visible. He was hugging the figure in black, crying.

The figure hugged Wally back. "Don't worry, Wally. I'm real. I'm not going anywhere."

Wally sobbed into the figure's chest. "Th-thank you. Thank you for coming. We thought you were gone, Adam."

Adam smiled gently. "I'm back, Wally, and I plan to stick around."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Escaping Death: Chapter Zero - Mugical Upheaval

=====(Mugician's Lake, past)

Aad'aam gripped Tiaane's face and lifted the Mipedian's head over the ice.

Tiaane whispered weakly, "Adam, don't let him. You can stop him."

Aad'aam laughed. "The human can't do anything now!"

[Don't do it!]

Aad'aam slammed Tiaane's head against the ice.

Tiaane's eyes slid out of focus. "Adam, you can beat him."

[I'm trying, Tiaane!]

Aad'aam pulled Tiaane's head up and flung it down again.

Tiaane's voice became slurred. "You are stronger than the M'arrillian. Fight him."

Aad'aam roared, then lifted and thrust Tiaane's head downward.

[Tiaane! TIAANE! SOMEONE, HELP! TIAANE!!!]

Aad'aam cackled at Adam. "Who's going to help? There's nobody around."

[SOMEONE HELP TIAANE!!!]

Aad'aam's laugh died. The Mugicians of the lake were gliding closer. He pointed a hand at them. "Riptide!"

The blast of water passed through the ghostly beings harmlessly, and they continued to drift forward. Aad'aam let go of Tiaane and began to back away. "Get away! Get!"

Aad'aam gasped as a glowing hand grabbed his arm from behind. Aad'aam was lifted off the ground, and more Mugicians restrained him. Aad'aam roared, "Get off me! LET GO OF ME!"

The Mugicians continued to swarmed around Aad'aam. A bright yellow light erupted from the center of the lake.

"No! Please! NO! DON'T DO THIS!"

The pillar of light drew closer to Aad'aam as the Mugicians held him in the air. It touched the tip of his foot, and he screeched. Black smoke shot out of his leg and disintegrated in the pillar of light.

"NO! STOP IT! STOP IT! IT BURNS!"

The Mugician's pushed Aad'aam into the light. He twisted in the air, screaming. Black smoke was rising from him rapidly.

Adam heard a song coming from the bottom of the lake over Aad'aam's screaming. His vision was filled with light.

[You're finished, Aad'aam. We both are,] Adam thought.

[No! This won't stop me! THIS WON'T STOP-!]

---(Unknown location)

Adam laid on his back in the sand. There was a strong wind overhead.

Adam realized that he could move, and he sat up. He raised his hands to rub his eyes.

Adam gasped. His right arm still had the coral claw on it. He still had Aad'aam's armor on.

Adam looked around. He was sitting on a stretch of sand. Wind blew some of the sand across his vision. There appeared to be a wall.... The wall was made up of blue letters and numbers.

Adam looked down the stretch of sand. It appeared to go on forever.

"...The Endless Sands..." he finally said.

Adam stood up and walked forward a bit. Everywhere looked the same- except for a single bright yellow object. Adam rushed forward. His scanner! Adam bent forward to pick it up-

Adam grabbed the scanner at the exact same time as another hand, identical to his own grabbed it. Adam looked up. It might have been a mirror, but the image was not reversed, and the other person had deep black eyes.

The figure opened its mouth. "This is my scanner, Adam."

Adam blinked. "Aad'aam?"

Aad'aam grinned. "The Endless Sands. A location like any other." He gave the scanner a tug, but Adam didn't let go. "Whoever leaves, the other walks in the land of death forever."

"You're planning to go to Earth," Adam realized.

"Bingo," Aad'aam laughed. He drew back his claw-hand. "Goodbye, human."

Adam ducked, and Aad'aam's punch sailed over his head. Adam kicked upwards, knocking the scanner out of both their hands, and sent it flying behind him. "Yes, monster. Goodbye." Adam pointed his left hand forward. "Vine Snare!"

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Escaping Death: Chapter One - Endless Sands

=====(Endless Sands)

The Vine Snare wrapped around Aad'aam, and Adam turned and sprinted for his scanner.

Aad'aam slipped one arm out of the vines. "Vine Snare!"

A vine caught Adam by the leg, and he fell face first into the sand. He looked up to see Aad'aam struggling over to the scanner. Adam narrowed his eyes. "Mind Strike!"

The attack knocked Aad'aam flying. Aad'aam struggled to his feet and glanced at Adam, who was crawling to the scanner. "Mind Strike!"

Adam was launched into the air, and he landed on his back. He kickedoff the vines around his leg and ran for his scanner. Aad'aam tore the vines around him and ran forward as well. As they ran, they made eye contact-

"Delerium!"

The attacks bounced off each other and hit their creators in the face, knocking both Adam and Aad'aam backwards. They sat up simultaneously and bellowed, "Coil Crush!" Then they rolled away from their opponent's attack, which grabbed empty air.

---(Several minutes later)

Adam and Aad'aam stood on either side of the scanner, panting heavily.

"So... Aad'aamm... give up yet...?"

"Funny... human... I was... about to ask... the same thing..."

Aad'aam sprang for the scanner at the exact same time as Adam did. As they tugged it back and forth, the blue scanner light shone from the back.

Adam swung a leg up, trying to kick Aad'aam off. Aad'aam grabbed Adam's leg and yanked. Adam lost balance and hit the ground.

Aad'aam flung the scanner away. "You know what? ...I'm just going... to destroy you now... and get it over with..." He grabbed the collar of Adam's armor and lifted him up. Adam launched a fist at Aad'aam, but the M'arrillian caught his hand and twisted it behind him.

"AUGH!"

Aad'aam dragged Adam to the "wall" of the Endless Sands. He grabbed the back of Adam's head and thrust it towards the wall.

Adam couldn't even scream. His body felt as if it were on fire. He struggled against Aad'aam's hold weakly, but the M'arrillian simply pressed him harder into the wall.

Adam placed his hands against the wall. It felt as if flames were crawling into them. He braced himself, then pushed with all his strength.

Adam and Aad'aam tumbled to the ground. Aad'aam sprang to his feet. "You still... have fight left... in you...?"

Adam turned over on his hands and knees. He looked up at Aad'aam and opened his mouth, taking a deep breath. Four lights appeared in the human's mouth.

Adam bellowed, "SINK SCREAM!!!"

Aad'aam collapsed were he stood. His eyes slid out of focus. "Wh-what?"

Adam struggled to his feet, wondering what he had just done. He felt pressure build up in his chest again. He took a deep breath. "MINOR ROAR!!!"

Aad'aam flew off the ground and bounced across the sand. Adam pointed a hand at the M'arrillian. "APOC-ECLIPSE!!!"

Light surrounded Adam as the ball of energy hit Aad'aam square in the face. Adam felt a rush of energy and ran for his scanner. He picked it up and pounded a button on it-

Aad'aam weakly lifted a hand. "Lucky... Shot..."

An arrow flew from the M'arrillian's hand as Adam turned. Adam covered his face- and the attack flew through him.

Adam looked at his hands. They were slowly vanishing. Aad'aam looked at Adam in shock. "Porting out...? No... NO! I will get you! You hear me! I WILL COME BACK AND GET YOU! YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE LAST OF ME!!!"

Adam finally vanished in a flash of blue light.

---(Earth, Adam's hospital room, a minute later)

"He's flat-lining! Code Blue!"

"Clear!"

Seth and Wally sat out in the hall, listening to what was going on inside. Adam's scanner had beeped, and Adam had pushed a button on it, then collapsed.

Wally hugged Seth. "Dad? What if it's Aad'aam? What do we do?"

Seth shook his head. "If Aad'aam found a way to escape from Perim, I don't know what we'll do.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Escaping Death: Chapter Two - Four Elements

=====

"Adam? Adam, are you okay?"

Adam tried to open his eyes. "Ah, everything's bright."

A light dimmed, and Adam opened his eyes to see Wally and his dad. Both looked beyond worried.

Wally leaned forward. "Adam, are you alone in your head?"

Adam closed his eyes. "Yeah, it's just me."

Someone nearby spoke, but Adam missed it. Wally turned and said, "Um, Adam was, uh, hearing voices a while before he passed out."

Seth sat down on Adam's bed. "Whatever happened, it's over now, right?"

Adam bit his lip. "Um, yeah, I guess."

Seth didn't look convinced. Wally didn't either. He was looking at Adam's scanner on the table. "Adam? What location is that?"

Adam quickly reached for the scanner, but stopped as his arm spasmed with pain. Wally picked up the scanner instead. "...Adam, this is the Endless Sands. And there's a scan of Aad'aam. And the melting camp at Glacier Plains. And Aa'une. And-"

Seth interrupted, "Wait, Endless Sands?" Seth's sightless eyes were wide. "Th-that's the Mipedian afterlife!"

Wally's eyes widened. "That would explain the big problem..."

Adam sighed. "Yeah, okay, so I died." His hands were gripping the bedspreads. "Aad'aam said something about 'coming back'. And..." Adam's voice died.

Seth finished for him. "And the Wally and I in Chaotic are going to think you're dead. And everyone else."

Everyone was quiet for a moment. Seth lifted his head. "Do you smell smoke?"

Wally looked down at Adam's hands. "Whoa!" He jumped off the bed.

Adam looked down. Smoke was coming from the bedspread he was holding. Adam quickly smothered the small flame that had come from his palm.

Adam looked up. "That reminds me, I used a bunch of all-element attacks while in the Endless Sands."

Seth blinked. "When did that start?"

"When Aad'aam slammed me into-" Adam gasped and took his scanner from Wally's hands. "When Aad'aam slammed me into that wall made out of alphanumeric code." He pointed at the edge of the picture.

---(A day later, Grey residence)

Adam carefully stepped down the stairs. Wally was at his side, helping him keep his balance.

Seth listened to his sons descend the stairs. "Adam, are you sure you want to port back to Perim so soon after-"

"Yes, Dad. There are people in Perim probably mourning over me. Either that or celebrating. And you yourself said that if you had thought I died, that you would go and kick Aa'une's gelatinous-"

"Yes, but what are the chances that I'm already on my way?"

"Dad, you and Wally are probably figuring out that the Rao'pa Sahkk Chimegrid is a gate to M'arr as we speak."

Seth was silent, then held out the box that was on the table. "Wally helped me get these for you."

Adam opened the box. The black outfit he needed. Some people, like Aa'une, needed to think that he was still dead.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Escaping Death: Chapter Three - The Place I Died

=====(Bodal's Arsenal)

Bodal strode down the hall, taking inventory of the BattleGear.

"...seventy-eight, seventy-nine, eighty, eighty-one." Bodal blinked. "Olkiex, thirty-seven Mugician's Lyres are missing!"

"They were there last time I was there sir. ...I think I found one of them."

Bodal stormed into the room. A used Mugician's Lyre laid on the ground, followed by another, and another. "The thief left a trail? Oh, when I get my hands on-"

Bodal fumed as he followed the trail of BattleGear into the vehicle room. "Now see, here- ACK!"

Bodal dove to the side as a Levitaar sparked to life and began to blaze down the hall. Bodal caught sight of its driver: a large figure dressed in black.

---

Olkiex heard an odd sound and looked up from his work. A Levitaar hovered nearby. Its driver turned towards the creature and said in a deep, distorted voice, "Give my apoligies to your boss, I have to borrow this for a while. And you might want to check on him, I'm afraid I scared him."

Olkiex blinked, then grinned. "You think you could aim a bit better next time? Bodal needs a good running over, I think."

"Don't let him hear you say that," the dark figure laughed as he drove out of the arsenal.

---(Broken Edge)

Adam sailed over the Briken Edge on the Levitaar. He desprately wanted to find his family, but something else needed to happen first. Aad'aam said that he'd come back, and Adam was going to stop him before he did.

Adam parked the Levitaar a ways from the Mugician's Lake and grabbed a shovel he "borrowed" from the seat beside him. It made sense that Tiaane would bury his body here, the symbol for peace. Adam walked up the dune at looked over the lake.

The Mugicians were not dancing across the lake as they normally would. Not a good sign. Adam hurried down the dune, scanning for a sign of a grave. Something in the water caught his eye.

Without thinking, Adam raised his hand, and a gray object flew out of the water and into his hand. Adam looked at the gray stone in disgust. Aad'aam's claw-armor. "I'll deal with you later," he muttered as he put it into his pocket.

Adam spotted an area of sand that looked disturbed. There was a carved stone at the top of the pile. Adam read what was written on it.

A voice appeared in Adam's head, chanting softly. The letters on the headstone began to glow violet. A shadowy hand rose from the rock and extended to Adam, its fingers spread wide.

Adam spit on the illusion, which vanished in a cloud of smoke, and the projectile hit the grave's headstone instead. "It's not going to be that easy, Aad'aam," Adam muttered, and he thrust the shovel into the ground.

---

Adam heaved the last shovel-full of sand out of the hole and gazed at the body in the ground. The voice in his head began to chant again. "Oh no you don't," Adam whispered as he leaned down and tore the burial cloth away.

Aad'aam laid still, his arms crossed over a scanner. Adam leaned down to grab the scanner. Aad'aam's fingers twitched, and Adam stood up striaght. Aad'aam weakly opened his eyes and fumbled for the scanner, but it was already gone. Adam placed the scanner on the headstone and smashed it with his shovel.

Aad'aam looked at Adam standing over him, his eyes wide. [So, Adam, you've come to destroy me?] the M'arrillian spoke with his mind.

[Yes,] Adam thought simply.

[You can't get rid of me, you know. Not entirely.]

[I'll try.]

[We are connected, you know. We were the same person for so long, my voice will forever be in your head.]

Adam extended his hand towards the M'arrillian. [It's better for you to be trapped inside my head as a voice that for you to be alive, ready to tear this world to shreads.]

[You won't ever be rid of me, just like your brother will never be rid of my father's voice in your head.]

Adam paused for a moment. [The first thing I did when I came back to Perim was see what Aa'une was up to. You'll be sad to know the truth, Aad'aam.]

Aad'aam's eyes narrowed. [What truth?]

[Your "father" never mourned for your death.]

Aad'aam's eyes widened. His eyes became wet. After a while, he spoke again with his mind, [I was already dying, you know. I already knew, somehow, that nobody would mourn for me. I knew that Aa'une's words were false all this time.] Aad'aam closed his eyes and laid back down. [Do it. Do it now.]

Adam stood, his arm still outstretched. [You're wrong. Someone mourned for you. Last night, I did. I cried last night, thinking of how Aa'une had wronged you.]

Aad'aam was quiet for a long time. [When I'm gone, write this in the sand: "Here lies a monster, a M'arrillian with no soul. Our prayers go out to his victims. Those who died by Aad'aam's hand, may they rest in peace."] Aad'aam opened his eyes and looked at Adam. [Will you do that... Father?]

Adam blinked. [...Yes...] He raised his hand skyward and whispered, "Allmageddon."

---

Adam made one change to Aad'aam's request: Those who died by _Adam's_ hand...

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Escaping Death: Chapter Four - Testing

===== (A day later, Cave of Dreams)

Tiaane stood facing the wall of the cave. "The words he sang..." he muttered. "Why did he want me to leave? Why did he want me to come here?"

Tiaane heard the faint sound of a Mugic in the distance and turned to see a figure dressed in black appear.

Tiaane's voice was heavy. "How did you survive, Adam?"

Adam lifted his hood off his head and sat down. "The Endless Sands is a location, just like any other."

Tiaane nodded. "Y-you wanted to talk to me separately , away from your family, the other Mipedians..."

Adam's eyes were sad. "Tiaane, don't hold it back. We're alone. Rain may not fall from the desert skies, but you are not a desert."

Tiaane sank to his knees. "I-I thought you would never come back." Tears began to stream from his eyes. "I thought I was too late to save you. I... I was too late. You had to save yourself."

Adam put his arms around the Mipedian, patting his shaking back. "It's tough, isn't it? Having to pretend to be stronger than that? Pretending that your pain is small? If I was really gone, you'd be the one most hurt. My family would have the me that's on Earth, but you would never have been able to see me again. And I'd never be able to see you again."

Tiaane couldn't answer, he was too busy trying to draw breath.

Adam withdrew his arms and sat next to Tiaane. "By the way, you did save someone."

Tiaane looked up, puzzled. "Who?"

"Someone who'd never seen trust or friendship. Even from his own tribe."

Tiaane's eyes widened. "You mean..."

Adam nodded. "It took him a while, but he sees now what he's missed. He wants to apologize."

Tiaane slowly backed away. "Adam, is this safe?"

Adam closed his eyes. "I'm only letting him talk, Tiaane. He has no other control." Then Adam opened his eyes.

Adam's eyes had turned a deep violet. "I'm sorry for what I did to you, Tiaane. I didn't understand. I thought that if I got rid of you, then Adam would give up. Now that our positions are reversed, I can see what the problem really was."

Tiaane breathed, "Aad'aam?"

"Yes. Adam never gave up because he saw a way out, a way I hadn't seen. Aa'une fed me lies, that I was his son, that he cared about me, but I was just a tool for him. After everything I'd done for him, Aa'une didn't care when my time was up."

Realization sparked in Tiaane's eyes. "And even though Adam despised you, he cared. Even as he cursed your name, he was looking for a way to save you... from yourself."

Aad'aam lowered Adam's head. "Now I'm a prisoner in a body I used to rule. Adam won't tell me his plan, but when he told me he would be rid of me, he meant that I'd eventually no longer need his help." Aad'aam blinked. "And now Adam's reminding me that you don't know what he's said to me."

Tiaane sat down. "I know why Adam wanted me away from everyone else now. He wanted someone to know. He's become the teacher, and he wants my blessing." Tiaane smiled. "And I give it. What a better person for him to teach than himself?"

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Escaping Death: Chapter Five - Aad'aam's First Trial

===== (Battle Camp at Rao'pa Sahkk)

Adam sat outside Mudeenu's tent, watching the sky. The stars were completely covered by the green haze that now hung above the desert.

Seth and Wally were speaking with Mudeenu. They insisted that they'd still fight against the M'arrillians. Nobody told Adam anything, but he knew his family well enough to know the answer.

[Your father has a very strong sense of right and wrong,] Aad'aam noted. [His handicap doesn't stop him from trying to help others.]

[Yes, he's always been like that,] Adam replied. [Always going out of his way for other people.]

[Your brother... he's only motivated by revenge now.]

[That's new. Wally used to be cheerful. He used to be like Dad, always doing things the right way. But I noticed that he changed. He's quick to judge now, and he isn't really happy anymore.]

[...It sounds like Walter's had Aa'une's voice in his head for too long. Wally wants Aa'une silenced.]

The conversation trailed off. Adam noticed small footprints appear in the sand in front of him. "Hello."

There was no answer, and more footprints appeared, heading away from Adam.

[...Aad'aam? Here's your first test: find out who that was and why it's sneaking around.]

Aad'aam suddenly felt as if a weight dropped on his shoulders as Adam passed control of his body to him. Aad'aam stood up slowly.

Aad'aam thought about what Adam had said earlier as he followed the footprints. It didn't quite match what he was telling him now. [Adam? How is this testing my ability to control myself?] There was no answer.

Aad'aam noticed the footprints completely disappear. He glanced around, looking for other footprints, or even a surface that wouldn't leave footprints. Then he felt something press against his back.

"So," a female voice stated, "the human survived. My Lord would be displeased if he lost his little pet, so follow me. I don't want to have to place this knife between your ribs."

Before Aad'aam could even react, Adam spoke from inside his mind. [Mizkio. She's being controlled by a chieftain. Her actions are not her own. Save her.]

Aad'aam took a step forward and crouched, then flung himself into Mizkio's legs. She toppled over, then sprang to her feet and swung the knife in a wide arc. Aad'aam kicked the knife out of her hand and snatched it out of the air. He stood and held it forward.

[Easy, Aad'aam. You're getting a little carried away.]

Aad'aam looked at the knife, then tossed it behind him. Mizkio snarled and launched herself towards Aad'aam. Add'aam spun out of the way, reaching for the back of Mizkio's head-

[STOP!]

Aad'aam hesitated, and dropped his hand into Adam's pocket instead. Mizkio turned to see Aad'aam take a blue Mugisphere out of the pocket. She roared and began to run away-

"Minion's Freesong!"

The Mipedians in the surrounding tents were coming out with weapons when they heard the Mugic. A light blue glow surrounded Mizkio as she ran, and she stopped. The glow turned violet, lifted itself away from Mizkio, then shattered as if it were made of glass.

---

Mizkio spoke with Mudeeu. "I'd been sent to spy on you for the M'arrillians when he spoke to me. I didn't recognize him at first, because I'd only seen him with that armor on, but I was surprised to see Aad'aam working for you. I was going to force him-"

Prince Mudeenu interrupted, "Aad'aam's gone. Adam, the human he held captive, is the one who saved you."

Mizkio shook her head. "While the M'arrillians controlled my mind, I could feel Aad'aam's presence inside the human."

Prince Mudeenu blinked. "H-he assured me that Aad'aam was gone!"

Tiaane spoke from the far corner of the tent, "He said that to protect Aad'aam. Say nothing about this to Adam's family. They will not take it well."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Escaping Death: Chapter Six - Coral Claw Armor Piece

=====

"Aad'aam..."

"Aad'aam, where are you?..."

"Aad'aam, why don't you answer?..."

"Aad'aam... my son... come back..."

...!

"I can see you..."

!!!

Aa'une glided out of the shadows, a sinister grin on his face. "It has been too long, my son."

[You aren't my father.]

"I created you. If that is not enough, then nothing is."

[Then nothing is enough.]

"I will get you back, Aad'aam."

[You won't. You never cared. Now I'm a threat, and you want me back.]

"You are my servant, Aad'aam."

[First son, now servant.]

"You are mine!"

[No!]

"MINE!"

A tentacle burst from the shadows and pinned Aad'aam's arms to his sides. Aa'une's enraged face broke into laughter. "Unless... you really want to share the fate of the Dryland."

The tentacle wound up Aad'aam's chest, tightening. Aad'aam couldn't slip out. [No... Adam! Help me! He's got me! HE'S GOT ME!!!]

The tentacle wrapped around his neck, and-

---

[AAAAAAAUUUUUUGH!!!]

Aad'aam's waking scream never escaped Adam's head.

Adam thought, [Aad'aam? You're all right, it wasn't real. It was just a dream.]

[You saw it too?]

[Yes. It was like the dreams you had when you were in control. Dreams that everything would end for you as quickly as it had begun.]

[I'm scared.]

[I know. I know.]

--- (Morning)

"We tried all night! The Chimegrid isn't producing a pure tone, so the notes can't be played!"

"We're going about this the wrong way.... Seth, you learned from your game that Ihun'kalin struck the Chimegrid with his tentacles, right?"

"Right.... Ah, I know what you're getting at. We haven't hit it with the right object."

"Are we going to have to make a M'arrillian hit the thing?"

Adam listened to the discussion sleepily. Aad'aam's nightmare had prevented him from falling asleep again that night. It took him a while for him to figure it out.

"Um, we could hit it with a _piece_ of a M'arrillian..."

There was silence for a while. "Er, I don't disapprove of the idea, but did you of all people suggest we dismember a M'arrillian?"

"No, I mean a piece of the late Aad'aam."

[The claw!] Aad'aam gasped.

[Quiet, please. It's difficult enough to focus as it is.] Adam took the claw out of his cloak's pocket. "Or at least a piece of his armor."

"...Why did you take that?"

"I was going to smash it into pieces later..."

[...I'd want to do that to...]

[Aad'aam! Please!]

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:19 pm

My computer was acting up. Sorry for the delay.
    -----------------------------------------------

Escaping Death: Chapter Seven - Encore of the Song of Doom

=====

Adam was glad that he wasn't afraid of heights. The system of pulleys the Mipedians had constructed to pull an "elevator" up to the Chimegrid swayed as it rose, pushed by the wind.

Tiaane looked at Adam and wondered, "Do I get to hear what's so funny?"

Adam realized he was laughing. "Just imagining the look on Paul's face if he knew who else was standing next to me."

Earlier that day, a small army had arrived an offered their services against the M'arrillians. A small OverWorld army. The only thing more surprising than that was that Prince Mudeenu accepted the aid. The General of that army was Tangath Toborn.

Tangath laughed. "Yes, I became very popular with the humans after my promotion."

Tiaane grinned. "Even humans who never set foot on Perim know about your promotion. Adam tells me that the CodeMasters of Chaotic are using a 'scan' of you as a... 'sneak peek' of a future release of their little game."

Tangath blinked. "Oh."

"Um, Tangath?" Adam finally squeezed in.

"Yes?"

Adam held up his scanner. "May I?"

-----

Adam knew that scans had no physical weight, but his scanner seemed to sit heavier in his pocket as he searched the Chimegrid for the places to strike.

"How about here?" he whispered as he tapped it.

[No, that's a little flat. Try a bit to the left.]

"Here?"

[Yes. The last place should be... a little behind you.]

Adam turned around, feeling the surface of the Chimegrid.

Tangath, Tiaane, and several other creatures were watching from a distance. Tangath glanced at Tiaane and asked, "Who is he whispering to?"

"Probably himself. Don't tell the other humans about it."

"Then who is answering him?"

Tiaane's eyes widened. "How-?"

Tangath gestured at his ears.

Tiaane recomposed himself. "A creature he's holding captive inside his head."

"...The son of Aa'une?"

"Yes."

-----

"All right, everyone give him some space!" Tangath ordered his army. "Yes, especially you, Akkerbal."

Adam stood near the center of the Chimegrid, holding the piece of coral armor in his hand. [Are you ready, Aad'aam?]

[Yes.]

Aad'aam felt Adam pass control of his body to him. Quickly, before anyone could notice the change, he ducked down and slammed the claw against the Chimegrid.

BONG!

He took a step to the right and swung it down again.

BONG!

He spun around and tossed it neatly into the wall of the Chimegrid.

BOONG!

He strecthed his hand out, and the claw flew back into his outstretched fingers. He quickly brought the claw back down.

BONG!

He turned and jumped to the next place, hitting it before he landed.

BOONG!

He swung the claw forward-

BOOOONG!

-and over his head backwards.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!

The sound echoed eerily across the desert, something normally not possible. The sound grew louder and stronger. There was a collective gasp as a spiraling hole appeared in the sky above the Chimegrid.

-----

The army was building several devices to get creatures into the portal above them. Tangath looked and pushed through the crowd.

"Adam, maybe somewhere a little less crowded?"

Adam looked up, puzzled, then followed Tangath.

After they were a ways away from the camp, Tangath turned to Adam. "That was very impressive up there."

Adam raised an eyebrow. "There's more to this than congratulations, am I correct? Why else would you make sure no one else was around."

Tangath frowned. "I'm not talking to the prison guard. I'm talking to your prisoner."

"Wh-what prisoner?"

"I know who you are hiding, Adam." Tangath leaned closer. "I haven't forgotten, Aad'aam. You've sent Mipedians to the Endless Sands, Danians to the Halls of the Ancestors, UnderWorlders to the Living Flames, and my own tribe to the Grand Spires." Tangath narrowed his eyes. "If I need to, I'll send you, and you ALONE, back to whatever afterlife you M'arrillians have."

Adam felt Aad'aam try to hide deeper inside his head. Tangath straightened, undid a clasp on his armor, and pulled it aside. Adam cringed when he saw the scar on Tangath's chest.

"I haven't forgotten," Tangath hissed, "what you and your little pet did to me." He pulled his armor back on and turned away. "I'm watching you, Aad'aam. All of Perim is watching you."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Escaping Death: Chapter Eight - Oligarch's Plan

===== (Beyond the Doors of the Deepmines)

"Ihun'kalin has been captured, and Mizkio has been taken from our control... by Aad'aam."

The M'arrillian crowd murmured at the Oligarch's words.

"Our army posted at the Rao'pa Sahkk Chimegrid has been defeated. A combined army of Mipedians and OverWorlders has gathered at the Gate of Doom, and Aad'aam has unlocked the path for them."

Someone cried out from the crowd, "That traitor!"

"They are setting up camp far within the Deepmines, not far from the city of M'arr."

Vitar'zu bellowed from the center of the crowd, "Then let us fight! Before the night is through, these walls will be stained red, painting our victory as we fight!" Several Kha'rall cheered, drumming their claws against the ground.

"Very well. However, three humans travel with that army. Bring them to me alive." Aa'une's eyes narrowed. "I have business with them."

The crowd erupted with cheers. Aa'une beckoned to Silir'ean. "I will go to the Glacier Plains," he muttered. "Our weapon is almost complete. If the enemy overpowers our army, bait them to the Rivers of Ice."

"Of course, my Lord."

Aa'une turned and slid into the darkness. Confusion hung over his mind. He had orchestrated everything perfectly. Aad'aam was to sow terror among the Dryland tribes, preventing anything like this from happening. Not only that, but somehow Aa'une's trick had failed: Aad'aam should have died. Adam's allergy to the venom that flowed in his veins should have stopped his heart. Aa'une had seen the venom working the last time he had seen Aad'aam.

[That's rather interesting, Aa'une.]

Aa'une screeched and spun around, but saw nobody.

[Adam's really not going to like it when I tell him about this.]

[YOU WILL STAY SILENT!!!]

[No, I think I'm going to tell him.]

No, Aad'aam must not know. He must never know. Aa'une put all of his strength and power into his thoughts. [WALTER ISSAC GREY! WITH ALL OF THE POWER OF THE DEEP, YOU WILL FOREVER OBEY ME! BECOME A MINION OF THE M'ARRILLIANS!!!]

Aa'une saw the room swim before his eyes as he attempted to brainwash Wally. He shuddered in horror as he watched a solid barrier form around Wally's mind.

Wally's thoughts continued to flow through Aa'une's mind. [You can't do anything to me. We are coming. Prepare your grave.]

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:20 pm

This chapter takes place a bit before the last chapter of the previous book.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grey Shadow: Chapter Zero - Contention Among the Troops

===== (Somewhere in the Deepmines)

The combines OverWorld and Mipedian army paused their trek through the Deepmines. "Night" had no meaning underground, and Tangath Toborn was certain that they'd marched further through the darkness than they would have if they could see the sun.

"All right, we'll rest here!" he ordered. "Start putting the tents up, and you, get some rations from the wagon. I assume that everyone's hungry, correct?"

Not very long after the army had begun eating did the quarreling start. Mipedians were accusing OverWorlders of taking more than their fair share, while the OverWorlders claimed the same of the Mipedians. Warriors began harrassing other creatures over unfinished meals. Invisible Mipedians were snatching food out from under other creature's noses. Tangath was practically tearing his mane out trying to solve everthing.

"By the Grand Spires! Arias! Drop that Mipedian!"

Arias snorted and turned to Tangath Toborn, tossing the struggling Mipedian aside. "He tried to steal my rations."

"Regardless, your behavior is as disgusting as his!"

"Maybe we wouldn't have this problem if larger rations were alotted!"

"And then what will we do when the rations run out!" Tangath roared.

The arguement was interrupted by a blue light. Arias and Tangath turned to see Seth holding up his scanner.

"I'll be right back," he stated calmly before he vanished.

--- (Chaotic)

Seth carefully walked to the PortCourt, feeling the way in front of him with his cane. He heard a faint whirring pass beside him. "Excuse me," he called out.

"How may I help you?"

"I'd like to place an order, to go? And could it be delivered to the Transport Center?"

"...Yes, it can. What would you like to order?"

"Let me think.... Two hundred large Perim Pizzas, five hundred orders of Frafdo Fries, a hundred Siado Salads..."

--- (Several minutes later)

"Hey, could you help me with something?" Seth asked.

"Um, yeah. What do you need?"

I need to take those boxes over there to Perim, and I need someone to give me one each time I port back."

"...Dude, are you feeding an army?"

"Actually, I am."

--- (Perim)

"I never cease to be amazed by those humans," Tiaane laughed as Seth surpised everyone with large boxes of strange food. All disagreements had been forgotten as each box was opened. Tangath could only watch with his mouth hanging open as everyone else crowded around Seth.

"...Why didn't I think of that?" he finally managed to say. "I knew about this!"

Tiaane grinned. "Seth kept a clear head and acted for the good of everyone while everyone else only thought of themselves. Then you were given the task of sorting out the problems. Everybody forgets things while under pressure, everyone except Seth, that is."

"Why not him?"

"Seth is incapable of forgetting. Everything he has ever learned is at his disposal. And it goes further than his own memories. In the human's Chaotic games, he can pull information directly from the mind of whatever creature he becomes."

"I'm envious all of a sudden. What an amazing gift."

Tiaane's face grew dark. "It is a curse, too. Anything that reminds him of something painful, and he will relive the entire event."

"...Why did he never tell me about this?"

Tiaane was surprised. "You know Seth from before?"

"I was the first creature he ever met, a long time ago at Glacier Plains. He frequently helped the OverWorld, so we met many more times after that."

A new voice entered the conversation. "Hey, aren't you going to eat?"

Tangath looked down to see Wally holding up something wrapped up.

"It's called a burger. Come on, there's enough for you, too."

Tangath took the burger. "Thank you."

Wally didn't answer. His eyes seemed to look past Tangath Toborn into the distance.

"Is something wrong?"

Wally still didn't answer. His eyes closed about halfway, and he began to speak voicelessly to someone.

Tiaane knelt down and put a hand on Wally's shoulder. "Walter, are you okay?"

Wally blinked after a while, and his eyes opened up wide. "The M'arrillians are sending an army," he said flatly, "and I need to talk to Adam."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Warning: Not for those with weak stomachs
    -----------------------------------------

Grey Shadow: Chapter One - Troubled Dreams

=====

Tangath Toborn immediately gave orders. "We're setting up a double guard tonight! Arias, Crawsectus, Karraba, Qwun, Melke, Arkanin! Take the first shift on the northern edge of camp! Viqtarr, Kalt, Clodor, Zhade, Lanker, Munnari! South edge!"

Tangath was grateful that everyone obeyed without question. He searched through the faces in the crowd. "Vidav! Take this and stick with and stick with Seth!"

Vidav looked at the Mugisphere in confusion. "Song of Truesight?"

"The blind human is an excellent shot when he can see."

"Ah."

Tangath looked around. He spotted Adam and Wally a ways away. Wally was talking, and Adam's face had turned white. No, Aad'aam's face had turned white, Tangath corrected himself. Adam's eyes were violet right now.

---

Adam turned around put a hand over his heart. Adam's heart. It felt like it was filled with lead.

"He was going to get rid of me," he whispered. "I called him father. Aa'une was destroying me even as swore he'd protect me."

"Adam? Are you okay?" Wally's eyes were wide.

[Aad'aam! Be careful!] Adam warned.

"Why? He deserves to know!" The air around Aad'aam's hand was turning black, and he placed it against the wall of the Deepmines. "Everyone wanted to destroy me!" He was no longer whispering. "The OverWorld, the UnderWorld, the Danians, the Mipedians, even my OWN TRIBE!"

Wally took several steps backwards. "Aad'aam?"

Aad'aam slammed his fists against the wall. "YES! IT'S ME! AAD'AAM, SON OF THE OLIGARCH! HERALD OF THE FLOOD! KEEPER OF ABOMINATIONS! SENTENCED TO DIE BY AA'UNE HIMSELF!" Aad'aam dug his fingers into the rock wall. Long glowing cracks appeared around where his fingers broke the stone. A deep hum emitted from the wall, and it began to shake violently. "ELEMENT SHATTER-STORM!!!" Aad'aam bellowed.

Wally covered his face as the wall turned to sand and flew in every direction. When he opened his eyes, Aad'aam was curled up in a ball on the ground, tears streaming from his eyes.

--- (Evening)

Aad'aam searched the darkness of his dream. Any time now. Any time.

"Aad'aam, there you are! I've been looking all over for you!"

Aad'aam scowled. "Why? So you could finish the job?"

Aa'une's delighted face showed hints of shock. "Wh-why would you even say that?"

"I know everything, 'father'. Your plan to destroy me after I'd done everything you could use me for."

A sinister look appeared in Aa'une's eyes. "And what do you plan to do about it."

The air around Aad'aam twisted in pain. Aad'aam's eyes began to glow red. "I plan to rip out that black heart of yours." He charged.

---

Tangath tossed about in his sleep. No, not this dream. Not again.

In his dream, Tangath ran out of the building to see Aad'aam holding a struggling OverWorld guard up by the throat. His grip was getting tighter and tighter. Tangath charged forward, shouting, "Maxxor! The M'arrillian is here!"

Aad'aam glanced at Tangath and smiled darkly. His claw tightened completely, there was a loud snap, and the guard fell limp. Aad'aam swung his other hand, holding a black Mugisphere, into the guard's chest. "The heart is the source of Courage. Without Courage, the body fails. I offer this creature's heart to these seven notes! Prelude of Horror!"

The guard's body exploded violently, replaced by a gruesome mass of twisting flesh. It opened an enormous mouth, and a long, sharp tongue slithered out. Tangath felt his heart freeze just looking at the creature.

One of the surrounding guards panicked. He turned and dropped his weapon as he ran away, screaming. The creature's tongue pointed in the guards direction and shot forward with startling speed. The guard's scream was cut short as the tongue pierced his back and cut directly through the center of his chest. The creature's tongue snapped back, dragging the guard with it, into the creature's mouth. There was a sickening crunch as the creature closed its mouth.

Tangath discovered that he had dropped his sword. He tried to pick it up, but his body wouldn't obey him. The creature opened its mouth again, and the tongue slid out and hovered in front of Tangath.

Aad'aam walked forward. "Ah, Tangath Toborn. I'm so glad you could join us today. Would you like something? Just tell me what you need."

Tangath couldn't even turn his head to look at Aad'aam, much less talk. His eyes kept on following Horror's tongue as it swayed to the left and right in front of his face.

"Nothing? You're definitely easy to please. Too bad the same can't be said of my little pet here, he's such a picky eater. For example, he cannot stand canned food."

Tangath didn't need to wonder what Aad'aam meant for long. He heard Aad'aam undoing the buckles keeping his armor together, but he couldn't make his body do anything about it. He felt his armor and clothing fall away.

"Ah, now isn't that better, Horror?"

The twisted mass of flesh hissed and began to squirm. It placed its tongue on Tangath's stomach and licked upwards. Tangath shuddered. The monster was _tasting_ him.

"Ah! More visitors! How delightful." Aad'aam's face twisted with a mockery of delight. "Have fun, Horror. I'll go and greet our new guests."

Tangath could barely see who had come out of the corner of his eye. Maxxor, in his golden armor, and Intress. Tangath couldn't keep his focus on them for long, his eyes kept on drifting to Horror.

Horror placed its tongue on Tangath's shoulder and lazily looped it around his neck. Then its tongue snaked its way around Tangath's bare chest, pressing his arms against his body.

Maxxor bellowed, "Tangath Toborn! Intress, you take Aad'aam. I getting Tangath out of there!"

"Oh no you don't!" Aad'aam hollered. Tangath heard a loud noise and Maxxor's cry of pain.

Horror continued to constrict Tangath, now looping its tongue around Tangath's arms and stomach, then around his hips, then legs and tail. Tangath felt his head move down without his consent, and he saw the way Horror's tongue had wrapped him. He couldn't struggle. He couldn't even blink.

"Intress! Save him!"

"No!" Aad'aam snarled. Crack! Intress cried out in pain.

Tangath felt and watched the tip of Horror's tongue squeeze between his legs. It tightened around his body as it rose level with Tangath's chest. Horror placed the tip of its tongue directly on the center on Tangath's chest as it shifted the tongue's coils to expose it. The tongue drew back and-

Tangath let out a pitifull cry as the monster's tongue tunneled into his chest. There was a loud snap, and he lost all feeling below his chest. His body cecame limp, and his vision began to cloud around the edges. Tangath felt something pool in his mouth. A red liquid began to drip from his ***.

Horror lifted Tangath off the ground and drew him closer. It held the creature directly over its mouth, shivering as the red liquid dripped on its tongue. It began to pull Tangath in-

Suddenly, Tangath was lying on the ground, the monster's tongue limp on his body. Aad'aam had vanished, and Maxxor was weilding Tangath's sword against Horror. Horror was growing a new tongue as Maxxor struck its weak flesh.

Intress had pulled the severed tongue off and out of Tangath and was pressing a glowing hand against the hole in Tangath's chest, which was healing alarmingly slow. Horror struck its regrown tongue fruitlessly against Maxxor's armor and face as Maxxor carved the creature to pieces.

Tangath's vision began to cloud over again. Darkness covered his vision...

---

Tangath awoke, panting heavily. He immediately put his hand against his chest, over the scar. Then he felt the rest of his body. His heart raced as he sat up and looked around the empty tent.

Tangath put his face in his hands. What a dream to have with the threat of battle hanging overhead.

---

In Aad'aam's dream, he proceeded to pound his fists into Aa'une's body as Aa'une tried to protect himself.

"I will get you for this!" Aa'une shouted. "I will finish you off myself!"

Aad'aam dug his fingers between the muscles of Aa'une's chest and began to pull outwards. "You can't... do anything... if you... are burning in-"

---

Aad'aam awoke suddenly. There was a knife to his throat. The Mipedian who held the knife gradually came into focus.

"Hello, Aad'aam," said Rasbma Daniri, his eyes expressionless.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Grey Shadow: Chapter Two – Lapse in Control

=====

Aad'aam and Adam looked up a Rasbma Daniri in shock. Adam didn’t dare move because of the blade at his throat.

Rasbma Daniri smiled blankly. "Quietly stand up and walk out of tent. Stay in front of me. If you are not quick about this, I will add a mouth to that neck of yours."

Adam came to his feet. Rasbma Daniri slipped behind him, continuing to hold the knife to Adam's neck. "Step forward," Daniri hissed.

Outside, Adam noticed Seth being pushed out of another tent. A Danian, Tabaal, had two of its arms around Seth's arms and chest, while the other two arms aimed a Pyroblaster at Seth's head.

Daniri chuckled, then whispered, "Reappear." There was a flash of light, and several Mipedians suddenly appeared, looking rather surprised.

Vitar'zu stepped out of Seth's tent, with Vidav's unconcious form slung over his shoulder. "All right, scale-scum. Where is the third human?" He glanced around. "Behind the OverWorlder?"

Tangath took a defensive stance. Vitar'zu laughed. "Oh, this is incredible! Tangath Toborn is leading the Mipedian army! I was under the immpression that you'd lost the _heart_ to fight!"

Tangath bared his teeth. Wally's voice came from behind Tangath, "He's trying to get you to charge at him."

Vitar'zu laughed harder. "So Tangath _is_ playing baby-sitter!" He suddenly appeared beside Seth, one enormous arm raised over the human's head. "Now, kindly hand the child over before I flatten his father."

The color drained from Tangath's face, and he lowered his arms slightly. "I-I c-can't... wh-what..."

Wally laughed darkly, making Tangath jump slightly. Wally walked around Tangath, an odd look on his face. His eyes were glowing white. "It's a bluff. Vitar'zu needs us alive. Aa'une won't have it any other way." Wally smirked. "Tangath, I believe you have the upper hand."

Tangath's eyes widened, and he drew his sword and held it over Wally's head. "If you try anything, M'arrillian, your master will be very displeased.

Vitar'zu growled and backed away. As he did so, something fell from Vidav's cloak and rolled in front of Adam.

Aad'aam whispered in Adam's head, [It's a Song of Truesight Mugic!]

Adam asked, [Are you thinking what I'm thinking?]

[I am. Let's get back in control of this situation. But you will only have one shot at this.]

[I know.] Adam took a deep breath.

Adam whipped his hand upwards, grabbing Daniri's hand and twisting the knife out of it. Daniri cried out, but his cry became a high-pitched squeak as Adam spun around and kicked Daniri between the legs. Everyone turned in Adam's direction as Daniri doubled over and hit the ground. Adam scooped the Mugisphere off the ground and held it at Seth. "Song of Truesight!"

Seth's eyes began to glow yellow, and he threw his head back into Tabaal's face. Tabaal staggered back, and Seth snatched the Pyroblaster out of his hands. He turned to Vitar'zu and raised the Pyroblaster to the Kha'rall's face. "This is for hurting Adam!" he yelled as he pulled the trigger.

Both the M'arrillain and Dryland armies charged forward, blocking Adam's view, but Vitar'zu's screech was heard very clearly. Before Adam could get his bearings, someone ran into his back and he tumbled to the ground. Adam rolled across the ground, avoiding the stampede around him. Adam finally made it to his feet and glanced around.

Adam spotted Wally, whose eyes were still glowing. He was glaring at several M'arrillians writhing on the ground, a mad look on his face. Seth was nearby, still firing into Vitar'zu's face as the M'arrillian tried to shield himself. Tangath was battling ten brainwashed Mipedians at once, sometimes even picking up a creature and using it as a weapon.

Something caught Adam's eye, and chills shot down his back. Tiaane was a distance from the battle, staring blankly into the shadows. Tiaane's eyes were slightly out of focus. Adam broke away from the battle, shouting, "Tiaane!"

Tiaane slowly turned as Adam ran forward, an expression of terror etched into his face. He opened his mouth and weakly begged, "No, don't come. It's- it's a... trap..." A hand reached out of the shadows and grabbed Tiaane's shoulder. Tiaane's eyes rolled up into his head, and he was dragged backwards into the shadows.

"TIAANE!!!" Adam charged forward.

Suddenly, everything went black. Adam tripped and hit the ground. He blinked, but his sight didn't return. He quickly scrambled backwards, and suddenly he could see again. He stretched his hand out, and it vanished as it entered the shadows.

"HANG ON TIAANE!" Adam bellowed as he charged into the darkness again.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Grey Shadow: Chapter Three - Flowing Ice

=====

[Adam, why don't you make a torch or somethig?]

[These are the Halls of the Blind! Nothing can see in here!]

Adam kept his hand on the wall as he ran through the pitch black cavern. Tiaane was somewhere ahead, along with some other creature. Adam wished he could see who he was chasing.

Aad'aam ventured, [Maybe a song of Truesight?]

[Not going to work. I played against Dad here once. We lost all of our abilities and fire attacks.]

[ALL OF THEM?!]

[Yes.]

[We can't cast Mugic right now!]

[I know.]

Adam tried to listen who might be dragging Tiaane, but there wasn't any sound. Not good, it might be a chieftain or fluidmorpher.

[It's Silir'ean,] Aad'aam thought. [That creature's hands were covered in red welts.]

Adam's hand immediately jumped to his arms. [I really hope it isn't him.]

--- (A few minutes later)

Adam stood in front of a pillar of ice. Almost ice. Somehow it was flowing upwards.

[The Rivers of Ice,] Aad'aam muttered.

[It goes right up to Glacier Plains,] Adam continued. He put his hand on the surface of the pillar.

"GAH!" Adam pulled his hand away. The surface was so cold that it burned. "And someone took Tiaane through this!?"

[Yes,] Aad'aam winced.

Adam took a step backwards. "Smart. Very smart. I can't even port up there with all these Mugicians." Adam took a deep breath and took a Mugisphere out of his pocket. "Here goes nothing. Vidav's Voicing!" Adam charged forward as the Mugic began to play, smashing through the surface of the column of ice. He barely held onto his breath as the cold enveloped him, and the freezing water within the pillar carried him upwards.

--- (Glacier Plains)

"Is he coming?" Aa'une asked.

"Yes, my Lord," Silir'ean answered.

"Good. And the Magma Cannon is complete."

"Shall I begin?"

"Not yet. I want Adam and the traitor to watch as all of Perim drowns."

"And what if he fights?" Silir'ean asked.

"He won't," Aa'une chuckled darkly. He turned to a creature standing nearby. "Isn't that right, my new pawn?"

The creature stepped forward. "Adam will be unable to resist, my Master." The creature bowed to the ground. "Once he sees me, he would prefer to die than fight." The creature raised its head, and its violet hood came off. "The human would never harm his teacher," Tiaane laughed.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Grey Shadow: Chapter Four - Who to Save, Tiaane or Perim

=====

Adam was becoming numb. The freezing water was barely noticeable. This did not comfort Adam.

[How... far... have... we... risen...?]

Aad'aam's reply was just as slow. [Maybe... a mile...? No... real... idea....]

The water was suddenly getting brighter, and Adam felt himself move up faster and faster-

A powerful jet of water shot out of the ground, carrying Adam into the sky. Adam flew into a slope of ice and tumbled down. He hit the ground with a loud thud.

"...Ow..."

Adam tried to push off the ground, but his arms wouldn't budge. His legs weren't obeying him either.

A deep voice came from nearby. "Oh, please don't tell me you froze to death. That wouldn't be fun at all."

Adam finally managed to move his head, and he saw Aa'une floating in front of a large, fiery mountain. "Wh-wh-what d-do you m-mean," Adam shivered.

"Oh, how wonderful! You're alive! Of course, I'll be changing that soon." Aa'une crafted his expression into mocking glee. "Do you like it?" He asked, gesturing at the mountain behind him. "You should. You helped me build it."

Adam scowled. "Th-the Heat C-Cannon."

"Yes. It's complete, and now you are here for its grand opening!"

"T-typical."

"I'm sorry?"

Adam smiled and shook his head. "I-it's always like that for the M'arrillian's, isn't it? 'It is taking to long to capture Perim, so let us drown it instead!' You t-try to win by any means possible."

Aa'une sneered. "You humans aren't any different."

Adam struggled to his feet. "If humans tried to win in the most d-destructive manner possible, they'd wipe themselves out as well. You take one simple fact, your ability to survive a flood, and blow it out of proportion. Every enemy you fight and every minion you control, nothing will be left if you do that."

"Minions are disposable," Aa'une seethed.

"That's exactly why you are going overboard! I have to stop you, because you'll do whatever you can to win!" Adam took a heavy step forward.

Aa'une grinned slyly. "Why are you attacking me? I can't fire this cannon." Aa'une pointed behind Adam. "Only he can."

Adam turned. Silir'ean floated a ways away with his arms crossed, a smug expression on his face. Adam lifted a hand towards Silir'ean. "Allmaged-!"

Silir'ean muttered, "Do you really want to do that, Adam?"

Adam paused. Something was wrong.

Silir'ean continued, "What about you, Adam? What are _you_ willing to do?"

The air in front of Silir'ean shimmered, and Tiaane appeared in front of Silir'ean, arms stretched out protectively, a sinister look on his face.

Silir'ean laughed, "Will you, Adam Seth Grey, do 'whatever you can' to stop us?"

Adam stood frozen, terror keeping him from moving. He reached for his pocket-

Aad'aam bellowed in Adam's head, [Silir'ean can dispel Minion's Freesong!]

Adam blinked. "T-Tiaane... no..."

[You have to fight him!]

"I can't..."

[There isn't another way!]

"There must be..."

[Adam! He's an enemy now! You only have to disable him anyway!]

Adam fell to his hands and knees. "How can I...? I can't... I won't...."

Aa'une threw his head back and laughed. "You give up?! Incredible! You have a choice placed before you, and you're going to hand me my victory?! Ha ha ha!"

Adam's fists clenched. "You made the mistake of saying the same thing to Walter Grey, Oligarch."

Aa'une's laughter stopped cold. "What?"

"Adam won't fight. But I will."

Adam's body straightened, and his head lifted up. His eyes had turned violet.

Aad'aam turned to Aa'une. "When I'm done here, I'm coming after you. Start saying your prayers to the Lord of the Deep Chasms, because you will soon make a journey there. Aa'une, Oligarch over the M'arrillian tribe, prepare to die."

Aad'aam spun around charged towards Tiaane and Silir'ean.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Grey Shadow: Chapter Five - Friend Turned Foe

=====

"So he will fight," Silir'ean muttered as Aad'aam charged forward. Tiaane spread his legs apart and crossed his arms in front of his chest. Aad'aam was three steps away... two steps... one-

Aad'aam crouched to the ground, put a leg in front of him, and slid between Tiaane's legs. Silir'ean gasped and backed away as Aad'aam sprang to his feet and aimed a hand a him.

"Allmaged-!"

Aad'aam's shout was cut short as Tiaane slammed a fist into his back. "Don't turn your back on me," he taunted as Aad'aam hit the ground. Tiaane lifted a hand towards Aad'aam. "Torrent of Water!"

Aad'aam rolled aside as the attack pounded the ground. As the water splattered, parts of it turned black and floated towards Silir'ean.

Aad'aam sprang to his feet and aimed a hand at Silir'ean again. "Zero Burst!"

Four circles of light appeared around Aad'aam's arm and began to fly towards Silir'ean, but Tiaane suddenly appeared in front of the M'arrillian and shattered the rings with a swing of his hand.

Tiaane laughed. "I thought you said you'd fight me! It looks more like you're dancing around!"

Aad'aam grinned. "I thought you'd say that. Tell me, why hasn't Silir'ean fired the Heat Cannon yet? He doesn't have enough Mugicians, that's the answer. You are more than a shield and a distraction. You are what humans call 'ammunition'."

Tiaane grinned. "Then that makes me that much more useful, doesn't it." Tiaane vanished and reappeared directly in front of Aad'aam. "By the way," he laughed darkly, "I have a score to settle with you."

Tiaane threw himself forward, grabbing Aad'aam by the face and throwing him to the ground. "Remember this?" Tiaane asked as he lifted Aad'aam's head off the ground and flung it downwards.

Stars danced in Aad'aam's vision as pain shot through his head. Tiaane's eyes were open wide as he laughed, and he lifted Aad'aam's head again.

[Aad'aam!] Adam cried out. [Get Silir'ean!]

[Augh!] Aad'aam cried out as his head hit the ground again. [How? He's got my face!]

[It's not yours,] Adam corrected. [He isn't holding you at all. I'm the one who's trapped.]

Tiaane laughed insanely. "It feels good, doesn't it? Don't you love paying for your crimes, monster?" Tiaane lifted Aad'aam's head again-

A voice came from behind Tiaane. "To the contrary, it's rather uncomfortable."

Tiaane spun around. Aad'aam stood a ways off, shaking his head. Tiaane glanced down. Adam was struggling to his feet.

Aad'aam turned to Silir'ean a lifted a hand. "Nice try, but you failed, M'arrillian."

"Not quite," Silir'ean chuckled.

Aad'aam blinked, then turned to face the Heat Cannon. Fifty Mugicians were hanging in the air around it, slowly drawing close.

Aad'aam spun around and planted a fist in Silir'ean's face just as Adam raised a Mugisphere in the air.

Aad'aam cried out, "Element Knuckle!" while Adam bellowed, "Minion's Freesong!"

=====

Oh no! Next chapter: "Chapter Six - Countdown to the End of the World"!

Post your comments and predictions!

\/\/\/ New Card!

Zero Burst
    Attack - 5 Build Points
    Base Damage: 20
    Ability: Zero Burst deals 5 less damage for each Element your engaged creature has. If this ability would drop the damage this attack deals to 0, instead deal 100 damage. Then remove this card from the game.
    Unique

\/\/\/ And another new card!

Tiaane, Captured
    Creature - Mipedian Minion Muge
    Non-Brainwashed: 2 Mugic Counters - Negate target attack if your engaged creature is a non-Mipedian.
    Brainwashed: 2 Mugic Counters - Negate target attack if your engaged creature is a M'arrillian Fluidmorpher.
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Grey Shadow: Chapter Six - Countdown to the End of the World

=====

Tiaane blinked. What was he doing?! He remembered everything, the way his heart pounded with excitement as he tried to crush Adam's head, and the words that came out of his mouth.

Silir'ean collapsed in front of Aad'aam, eyes crossed. Aad'aam turned to the Heat Cannon and the Mugicians circling around it. Aa'une floated nearby, laughing.

"It's all over! I have won! You cannot stop the flood that rests within these glaciers!"

Aad'aam was speechless. Adam stared. Tiaane looked up at the cannon, then at Aad'aam, then turned to Adam. "It's not over yet. Aad'aam must know how to stop this. He helped build it, right?"

Aa'une interrupted with a roar. "SILENCE!" He lifted one hand to the sky, and the Baton of Aa'une formed above it. Aa'une plucked it from the air and pointed it down at Tiaane. "Wrath of Aa'une!"

A sphere of water began to form at the tip of the Baton. Tiaane pushed Adam away as the ball of water shot forward, growing larger and larger. The attack collided with Tiaane's chest, and Tiaane flew backwards.

Aa'une swung the Baton upwards. "Supercooled Rain!"

Aad'aam and Adam watched in terror as freezing water rocketed towards Tiaane. The ground around Tiaane shattered as the barrage hit, kicking up a cloud of snow and ice. When it cleared, Tiaane wasn't moving.

"Heh. Even better," Aa'une sneered. A black Mugisphere appeared in the air in front of him. "Now I can watch my victory in ALL my majesty!"

Adam spun around, seething, but with a faint mocking smile on his face. "And when did you become a muge, Aa'une? Or do you have four Mugicians stuffed in your pants?"

Aa'une grinned and narrowed his eyes. "I became a muge right... around..."

A pale blue light began to shine over Glacier Plains.

"...now." Aa'une lifted the Mugisphere into the sky. "With the aid of the Oligarch's Path, I call upon your might! Calling of Aa'une, grant me the power to dominate all of Perim!"

The Mugisphere glowed brightly, and the seven notes of the Mugic began to play. Aa'une spread his arms, closed his eyes, and laughed. The muscles of his arms and chest bulked, then carved into sharp definition. Aa'une's stomach chiseled, and his lower half extended far behind him. He grew larger and larger, straining his golden clothing until it snapped, only to be replaced by black, spiked armor. Red gems came into existence around Aa'une and began to embed into him, first his chest, stomach, and side, then the new armor that had just appeared.

Aa'une opened his eyes, which now shone red, and glared down at Aad'aam and Adam. He opened his mouth, and Glacier Plains trembled when he spoke. "Are you foolish enough to challenge me now, scum? I can end your lives right now just by wishing it! There is nothing you can do to stop me!"

Adam stared at Aa'une, then glanced at Aad'aam. "If you had to die, would you prefer to die because a large cannon fired nearby, or because you fought a giant jellyfish?"

Aad'aam laughed. "Do I really need to answer? Definitely death by a giant, angry, jellyfish whose body is finally large enough to fit his ego in it."

Adam turned back to Aa'une. "Giant jellyfish it is. Iflar's Improvisation!"

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Grey Shadow: Chapter Seven - Battling the False Father

=====

Aad'aam vanished as the seven notes of Iflar's Improvisation played. Aa'une's eyes narrowed, and he muttered, "So, Aad'aam, you have no more feelings for the one you called father?"

Aad'aam's voice echoed across the Plains, "You were never a real father, Aa'une! Overboil!"

Large bubbles of steam appeared in Aa'une's chest, and he coughed up a white mist. Then Aa'une reached behind himself and grabbed something out of the air. Aad'aam reappeared in Aa'une's hand, struggling to get loose.

Aa'une brought Aad'aam in front of him. "I gave you life! Embedded in your body is a portion of me!" With a small flick of his wrist, Aa'une tossed Aad'aam across the valley. "Now you come to fight me! Megaroar!"

Adam whipped another Mugisphere out of his pocket. "Melody of Mirage!"

The sound from Aa'une's attack passed harmlessly through Aad'aam as he landed. "That doesn't make me your son, Aa'une! Adam raised me, not you! I can call him 'father'!" Aad'aam pointed both his fists at Aa'une. "Punish the Mighty!"

A single ball of light flew from Aad'aam's hands and buried itself into Aa'une's stomach. Aa'une doubled over, but managed to say, "Adam? Your father? He *** you!"

"He saved me!" Aad'aam bellowed. "He saved me from you!"

Aa'une laughed. "Is he willing to save you again?" Another Mugisphere appeared in front of the M'arrillian. Aa'une closed his hand around the Mugic and asked, "Adam, who will take this shot? You? Or your 'son'?" The Mugisphere shattered.

Aad'aam's eyes went wide with shock. He glanced at Adam, who wore a calm expression on his face. Adam looked directly at Aad'aam. "Aa'une just messed up," he whispered. Then he turned to Aa'une and spread his arms wide. "Here I am, Oligarch! Take your best shot!"

A single beam of violet light fired from the sky and blasted Adam in the chest. Adam was lifted of his feet and thrown backwards. He seemed to float in the air, his hair gently waving in the slight breeze, and then he crashed to the ground near Tiaane.

Aa'une gloated, "And so Adam sacrificed himself for a monster. How sad." He turned back to Aad'aam-

Aad'aam wasn't there. Aa'une turned his head, searching for where he might have gone, when he heard Aad'aam voice above him.

Aad'aam hovered int the air just above Aa'une's head. His face was twisted with rage. "If that wasn't something a father would do, then there's no such thing as a father." Aad'aam pointed directly at Aa'une's forehead. "Shatter the False Father's Crown!"

Aa'une's crown instantly broke into sharp pieces and hovered around Aa'une's head. Aa'une became fearful for a moment, then laughed. "This wont destroy me forever, Aad'aam. I will come back. But the Heat Cannon will ensure that you're not alive to witness my return!"

"Not if I can help it," Aad'aam muttered. He pointed his finger upwards. "Aa'une the Oligarch! Fall!"

The sharp pieces of Aa'une's crown fired torwards Aa'une's head, piercing it in every direction. Aa'une's body began to dissolve, and the black armor and red gems that were on his body fell to the ground.

Aad'aam turned around in midair and flew over the M'arrillian Heat Cannon, which was beginning to glow bright red. A Mugisphere appeared in Aad'aam's hands, and he placed it over his chest.

Aad'aam began to chant, "The shining light represents life! When shadows threaten to throw the world into darkness, we must let our own lights shine all the brighter!"

The Heat Cannon was beginning to hum.

"When a veil is tossed over the sun, when the moon comes crashing to the ground, and when the stars fail to shine, we must do all that we can to replace the lost light!"

The cannon began to shake, and fire began to spit from the top.

"I offer my heart to these seven notes! Come forth and pierce the darkness with your radiance, Fanfare of the Shield of Light!"
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Grey Shadow: Chapter Eight - Deny Armageddon

=====

The Heat Cannon began to flare as the first notes of the Mugic began to play. White light began to spiral around Aad'aam as the seventh notes finished. Aad'aam clutched his chest suddenly, his eyes open wide. His mouth opened as if to scream, but no sound came out. Aad'aam's body was beginning to glow.

The Heat Cannon began to spit flames high into the air just as a large bubble of light appeared around Aad'aam. When the flames touched the bubble's surface, they instantly spiraled into the shield's core with a loud crack. Flames that missed the bubble gradually slowed to a stop and fell backwards into shield's surface.

On the ground, Tiaane stirred. He opened his eyes to see the Heat Cannon emptying its contents into the sky, only for the flames and ash to vanish into the glowing sphere above it. Tiaane turned his head and spotted Adam lying on the ground a ways off.

Adam wasn't moving. Tiaane froze with fear. Then he saw Adam's chest moving gently up and down, and he exhaled gratefully.

The glowing sphere was growing larger and larger. The Heat Cannon's flames had run out, and only smoke sped out of its top, falling upwards to the sphere in the sky. Then the cannon began to creak, and pieces broke off and hurtled to the sky.

Tiaane crawled towards Adam and grabbed his arm, then turned and tried to drag him away from the crumbling mountain. It felt like he was climbing uphill. Tiaane spot a chunk of ice rolling past him, and discovered that he WAS climbing. The sphere in the sky was exerting its own gravity!

More chunks of rock broke away from the mountain a began their ascent towards the glowing sphere. As each enormous piece collided with the sphere's surface, it would dissolve into particles of dust before vanishing into the core.

Tiaane held onto the ground-turned-wall with one hand while holding Adam around the waist with the other arm. He heard Silir'ean's voice a distance off crying out, "Song of Deep Sanctuary!" Tiaane turned to look, but Silir'ean had already disappeared.

The rest of the cannon suddenly broke away from the ground with a deafening explosion. It rocketed upwards and smashed into the sphere of light. Deep glowing cracks began to form along the cannon's surface as it sank deep into the sphere's core, and it shattered into tiny pieces before disappearing into the light.

Immediately afterwards, Tiaane and Adam hit the ground. Nothing else flew towards the sphere of light. Tiaane rolled over and watched the ball of light throb. The throbs sounded like a beating heart.

The throbbing began to slow. Each beat also became weaker and weaker, until finally the sphere of light hung motionless in the sky. It shone there, unmoving, unchanging. Then, without any warning, it simply vanished, leaving nothing behind.

Tiaane whispered into the sky, "Goodbye Aad'aam, the M'arrillian who saved Perim. Goodbye, child who saved himself from darkness... by giving up his light."

--- (Somewhere in the Deepmines, days later)

Aa'une roared savagely and beat his fists against the wall. The entire chamber shook with each blow.

"CURSE YOU! CURSE YOU AAD'AAM! CURSE YOU ADAM!"

Aa'une drew a fist back and hit the wall with all his might. The wall shook, buckled, and shattered into pieces. Aa'une dropped his arm, panting.

"I will destroy you, Adam. You, your brother, your father, you're all as good as dead." Aa'une grabbed the clothing he was wearing and began to tear it to shreds. "I swear I will destroy you and scatter your remains across the ocean!"

A fluidmorpher entered the chamber just then. She paused, staring at the Oligarch. Aa'une turned. "What is it?" he spat.

"A... um... a Kha'rall found this at the Mugician's Lake, my Lord." She held a small, broken object towards Aa'une as her eyes drifted away from his face, looking at the Oligarch a tad further downwards. She blushed. "Ah, um... is this a bad-?"

Aa'une snatched the object from her hand and turned away. "Leave," he ordered, staring at the object.

It was a broken yellow scanner. It's casing was split apart, and pieces were missing, but overall it was recognizable.

A sly grin spead across Aa'une's face. "Bahrakatan! Come here!" he bellowed.

Bahrakatan stepped in a moment later. "What do you wish, my Lo-" The Kha'rall blinked as he realized what he was looking at. "My Lord? Why aren't you wearing-"

Aa'une ignored him. "Take this and find out how it worked," he interrupted, gliding towards Bahrakatan and placing the broken scanner in his claw.

Aa'une chuckled as Bahrakatan left. "I'll be coming sooner than I expected, Adam. Soon, two world will fall before me." Aa'une threw his head back, and his laughter echoed through the Deepmines.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:24 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Zero – M’arrillian Projection

===== (A month after “Grey Shadow”)

A man stood in the construction site, wiping his face with a cloth. His day at work was finally over, and he was ready to head home. He picked up his jacket and tools and began to leave.

Today was Sunday. The construction site was behind a college/high school combination campus. A parking structure was being built. The last week of school started tomorrow.

The man was pleased with how much he’d done today, but was glad that his day was over. He tossed his jacket over his shoulder and began to walk to the front of the campus. Something darted behind a building, and the man stopped.

“Probably Jack again,” the man sighed. “It wasn’t funny the first time, Jack!”

An unfamiliar voice hissed back, “It isn’t funny this time, either.”

The man’s eyes widened. He reached into his toolbox and grabbed a hammer, stepping forward carefully. “Who’s there?”

“Someone you’ve never seen before.”

The man held the hammer in front of him as he turned the corner. In front of him was a glowing green jellyfish-like creature with large eyes. The man screamed and swung the hammer, but it passed through the strange creature without harming it.

“What are you?” the man stammered, backing away.

“I am a M’arrillian, Harold.”

“How did you know my name?”

“I know many things, human. My name is Erak’tabb,” the creature said as its eyes began the glow brightly, “and now you are my servant.”

Harold’s eyes went blank. “How might I serve you, Master?” he asked in a daze.

A small box appeared in the air in front of Erak’tabb. “Take this and hide it in the school.” Then Erak’tabb vanished in a cloud of violet letters and numbers.

Harold plucked the small box from the air and shuffled into the gym building. He entered the locker room and trudged over to a broken locker. He opened the locker and placed the box inside. He closed it as he turned away, a sinister look in his eye.

Inside the locker, a light on the box sparked to life. The box began to make a sound.

Beep…beep…beep…beep…

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter One - School's Out

===== (Weightlifting Room, Monday Afternoon)

"Whoa! Adam, take some weight off that thing! You're going to hurt yourself!"

Adam grunted, sweat pouring across his face. That's all he could really do, having effectively trapped himself on the weight bench.

A young woman leaned over, a wide grin on her face. "You need some help?" She grabbed the center of the weight bar, and together they lifted it back up to the resting bars.

"Thanks, Krystal," Adam gasped as he sat up.

Krystal laughed. "Why do you keep doing that? You've been trying to lift very heavy weights ever since you came back from the hospital!"

Adam cringed. She'd noticed? "I'm just worried about muscle loss..."

"Adam, it's your last day of finals, right? Relax!"

The door to the weight room opened, and Wally walked in. "I don't have to go to school the rest of the week!" he crowed. "Oh. Hi Krystal."

"Hey Wally. What do you mean?"

"Only seniors have to attend the entire last week! I'm freeeeeee!" Wally threw his backpack to the wall.

"That's nice," Adam rolled his eyes, "just don't break anything. Dad called a while ago. He's staying late at work."

--- (Men's Locker Room)

The small box inside the broken locker was beginning to beep faster and faster. Violet smoke began to pour from its edges. The smoke formed into numbers and letters as it rose up. The beeping abruptly stopped, and a small, blue M'arrillian suddenly appeared, hovering over the box.

[Inform Bahrakatan that the Beacon Version 12 works perfectly,] the M'arrillian thought as it touched the door of the locker in front of it. [I have fully materialized.]

The door creaked open, and the M'arrillian peeked out into the room beyond it. There were humans dressing and undressing in front of small doors similar to the one the M'arrillian had opened.

A voice appeared in the M'arrillian's head, [Fully materialized? That is good. Tell me, Ter'ro, what do you see?]

Ter'ro glanced around. [There are around ten human males removing their clothing and putting different clothing on. They're all covered in sweat.] Ter'ro closed his eyes tightly. [Aa'une save me, I just saw an undressed human,] he groaned.

The voice in Ter'ro's head laughed, then became serious. [This clothing, is there anything unusual about it?]

[It appears to be some sort of uniform. Each human has a set identical to the rest, except for a number and... I'm guessing that's a name... on the back.]

[Combat training?] the voice wondered.

[I think not. These humans look barely older than the humans who come to Perim frequently.]

Ter'ro slid out of the locker and backed out of the room, sticking close to the ground. He froze when he heard an all-too-familiar voice.

Walter Grey was whispering to his brother, while another human, a young female, stood nearby, apparently not paying attention. Walter was whispering just loudly enough for Ter'ro to hear.

"The M'arrillian's have been working on something, but Aa'une doesn't seem to be involved. In fact, whenever someone tries to give Aa'une a status update, Aa'une practically tears the walls down ordering them not to tell him anything."

Ter'ro began to shake with rage. Here was definite proof that the human could spy on the M'arrillians from the single most dangerous place for there to be a spy: inside the Oligarch's head.

[...I will not be returning immediately,] Ter'ro informed the voice in his head. [I'm going to eliminate a threat. Walter Grey has taken his last peek in our Lord's mind.]

Ter'ro spotted a sack nearby, it was slightly open, and papers were sticking out. The corner of one of them read "Walter Grey". Ter'ro quietly sneaked over to the sack and crawled in.

---

Wally picked his backpack up from the ground as he left the weight room with Adam. "Why does a backpack always feel heavier on the last day of school?"

Adam shrugged. "Maybe because you can't wait to take it off."

--- (Perim)

Ter'ro opened his eyes. "Bahrakatan, it was a success. Somehow, I am present both here and on the world the humans live on. Even better, I found Walter Grey."

Bahrakatan gasped. "How do you know it's him?"

Ter'ro narrowed his eyes. "Because the Ter'ro currently on Earth wouldn't make a mistake like that. I certainly wouldn't."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Two - At Home Alone

===== (Grey Home)

"So, Adam, where are you taking Krystal on a date?" Wally asked as Adam drove the car into the garage.

"Cinema Diner," Adam answered absently.

Wally snickered. "Dinner and a show. You're so predictable." He hopped out of the car and chucked his backpack to the far end of the garage. It hit the wall with a loud "thwack" and fell to the floor.

Adam sighed. "Wally, _please_ treat your stuff better."

"Yeah, yeah, it's just a backpack," Wally muttered as he left the garage.

Adam shook his head and stepped out of the car. He walked to the back of the garage and bent over to pick the backpack up-

The air was suddenly pierced with a loud cry from Wally. Forgetting about the backpack, Adam raced outside to find Wally staring at the door to the house, screaming wildly.

"Wally! What is it?"

Wally pointed a shaking finger at the door. "C-Can't you see it? It's on fire!"

"Wally, calm down! It isn't real!" Adam put a hand over Wally's eyes. "When I take my hand off your eyes, everything will be fine."

Wally's breathing finally began to slow, but he continued to shiver. "It's happening more often," he breathed. "I keep seeing things burst into flame or coming to life."

Adam hugged Wally. "Do I need to stay here?"

Wally shook his head. "It's not real, right? It can't really hurt me."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

--- (Cinema Diner, evening)

"Adam, you look bothered."

Adam put his hand against his forehead. "I'm just thinking, I shouldn't have left Wally alone."

Krystal frowned. "Did he have another attack?"

"It's occurring more frequently. Sometimes he recognizes them as hallucinations, but not always." Adam looked up. "He insisted that I didn't need to stay with him, but..."

"Sounds difficult," Krystal nodded.

Adam raised a eyebrow. "...Something's bothering you, too."

"Does it show that much on my face? Yeah, my dad's been acting weird ever since he came home from work yesterday."

"Did he breath something weird on the construction site or something?"

Krystal shrugged. "I have no idea. He won't tell me anything. But what's really odd is that when I came home from school today, he was looking at my Chaotic cards."

Adam blinked. "But he doesn't like Chaotic."

"That's putting it nicely. But there he was, staring at my M'arrillian creature cards with something close to worship on his face."

--- (Grey Home, garage)

Ter'ro's eyes fluttered open. What had happened? He remembered the bag he was in flying through the air, but nothing after that. He rubbed his head with a tentacle. Ouch.

Ter'ro slipped out of the backpack and looked around. There was a large vehicle in front of a larger door. The door had a gap at the bottom, and Ter'ro squeezed under.

[Is that your home?] Ter'ro wondered as he stared at the large house. If Walter lived here, then his father must be very wealthy. The house stood far larger than any of the surrounding buildings. One of the windows on the lower floor was open, and Ter'ro floated up to it and peeked in.

The room smelled like food. That was really the only way to describe it. Every surface was clean and white, so whatever made the smell was hidden away somewhere. Ter'ro shook himself. Now was not the time to be getting hungry.

Ter'ro floated in, then realized how ill equipped he was. No minions, no fluidmorphers, no Kha'rall, not even any BattleGear. He looked around the room, looking for any sort of weapon.

A long knife sat in the sink. Perfect. Ter'ro narrowed his eyes, and the knife began to hover in the air.

Ter'ro floated out of the room, knife in tow, into the hallway. Many doors dotted the walls, followed by a set of stairs at the end. Ter'ro glided down the hall and up the stairs.

[There he is,] Ter'ro cackled to himself. Walter laid asleep in a chair in one of the rooms on the upper floor. As Ter'ro glided closer, he spotted an object in Walter's hands. The object was connected to a larger, glowing box on the other end of the room.

[Focus,] Ter'ro scolded himself. He floated over to Walter, knife raised up. [My Lord, your thoughts will be terrorized no longer.]

Ter'ro was shocked when Aa'une replied, [SAY NOTHING TO ME!] It was too late. Walter's eyes shot open.

=====

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 pm