Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Don't forget to join our Discord!

Chaotic TCG Backup Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Of Men and Mugic

monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Chaotic Username : monkeymania1
    Chaotic Coins : 348
    Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Of Men and Mugic - Page 4 Empty Re: Of Men and Mugic

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:26 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Three - Slipping Sanity

=====

Ter'ro expected Walter's face to show fear, or at least confusion. That wasn't the case. Walter looked... well... bored.

"This is new," Wally muttered. "I don't usually hallucinate about M'arrillians."

Ter'ro blinked. Walter thought he was a hallucination?

Wally continued, "My hallucinations are usually scary. You... you look cute. Where's the scary part?" Wally glanced up. "Ah, there it is. A knife. How... mundane."

Ter'ro had completely forgotten about the knife. He was still trying to figure Walter out. Was something wrong with his mind?

"...Usually my hallucinations vanish the moment I figure out they aren't real. You're still here, so...." Wally laughed. "You're the real deal, aren't you?"

Ter'ro couldn't contain himself. "What is wrong with you? Any other human would be scared! You're just... well, I don't know!"

Wally reached up, plucked the knife out of the air, and dropped it to the ground. "You're probably pretty young, too. A M'arrillian chieftain the size of a football? You'd have to be a month or two old!"

Ter'ro was speechless. How had Walter figured that out? Just from his size?

"Not only that, but Aa'une has no idea what you're doing! He didn't even want to be told!"

Ter'ro narrowed his eyes. "My Lord has had you inside his mind too long, human."

Wally's smile vanished, and his eyes began to glow white. "And what are you going to do about it?" he growled.

Ter'ro spread his tentacles out, and a bubble of water began to form around him. "This. Invader's Tactics!"

--- (Krystal's House)

Adam walked Krystal up to her front door. "Sorry about letting other stuff distract me."

Krystal smiled. "It's okay. I know you have a lot on your mind." She leaned forward and gave Adam a quick kiss on the cheek. "Good night."

"Good night to you, too," Adam replied, and he walked back down the sidewalk to his car.

Krystal opened the front door and discovered her father still sitting at the table, Chaotic cards strewn out in front of him. He looked up, grinned, and asked, "Could you teach me how to play?"

"Um, not tonight, Daddy. I'm really tired." Krystal hurried to her bedroom.

Harold frowned. Only people who played very well online got a chance to port to Chaotic, and therefore Perim. He couldn't wait to head to the Deepmines and finally kneel before the Oligarch.

--- (Grey Home)

Wally rolled off the chair as the bubble of water shot forward, and the chair cracked and splintered from the blast. Wally grabbed a leg of the chair and swung it towards Ter'ro's face.

Ter'ro was knocked across the room into the wall. Ter'ro shook himself and raised his tentacles again. "Mind Strike!"

Wally covered his face with his arms as the attack pushed him backwards. He opened his eyes to discover that the M'arrillian had vanished.

Ter'ro crawled across the floor, getting behind Walter. He launched himself forward and wrapped his tentacles around the humans neck.

Wally dropped the broken chair leg and grabbed at the constricting tentacles. He turned around and slammed himself against the wall.

Ter'ro felt his grip slackening as Walter slammed him into the wall. Ter'ro tried harder to hang on-

Wally slipped and fell sideways against the window. The window shuddered, long cracks etching across its surface. Finally, the glass shattered, and Wally fell through, with Ter'ro still hanging onto his neck.

---

Adam's face went white as he saw something fall from Wally's bedroom window and hit the ground below. He hit the brakes and charged out of his car towards Wally.

Wally laid motionless on the ground. Adam grabbed his phone and was about to dial when something else caught his eye. A M'arrillian was lying next to Wally, also unmoving.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Location : Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:26 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Four - Secret of Perim Revealed

===== (Hospital, Earth)

Wally was vaguely aware of hushed voices. He wondered why anyone would speak in the dark, then discovered that his eyes were closed. He thought about opening them, but decided against it. He laid still and listened to the people speak.

"Listen, Adam, I'm trying to help you, but you have to be open with me. You say you know why your brother fell out of the window, so tell me!" Wally didn't recognize this voice.

"Inspector, I am being perfectly honest when I say that you won't believe the truth. I mean, you don't believe Wally..." That was Adam, Wally was certain of it. Why did he sound so angry? And what did he mean "you didn't believe Wally"?

"Your brother was half-conscious when he answered me, and besides, I know perfectly well that he's mentally unstable."

"He's telling the truth."

"How can something from a card game attack him? Adam, be reasonable!"

Adam didn't answer right away. Wally heard a door open and someone leave the room. A short while later, the door opened again, and Wally heard the inspector gasp.

"What on Earth is that?!"

"This is what attacked Wally. Don't make eye contact with it!"

"What's it doing inside that jar?"

"To carry it with me, now listen! I have no idea how it got to Earth, but there are many more of this creature's kind in it's world, and I can think of several creatures there that want Wally dead."

--- (Deepmines, Perim)

Aa'une was in a mood.

The youngest chieftain, Ter'ro, had gone on an impromptu assassination mission on Earth and got himself captured. Other chieftains were having to make decisions without Aa'une because of the danger that Walter would spy in on Aa'une's thoughts. To top it all off, the Elder Oligarchs were visiting Aa'une's mind.

Aa'une was in more than a mood. He was in trouble.

[Your quality of work has deteriorated lately,] one voice said. [All I need to do is glance over your underlings' minds to see that you haven't led them in your usual manner the past many days.]

[Baa'l, please listen, there is a great danger from the humans-] Aa'une pleaded.

Another voice, this one female, cut in. [Yes, you fear one of those odd creatures. From what I understand about those humans, they really aren't that much of a threat.]

[You don't understand, Orp'aa. Yes, the common human is powerless against a single M'arrillian, but the human I speak of is no ordinary human! He, and those humans with a direct relation to him, can and have stood against an army of our finest and survived!]

A third voice spoke, this one coarse and flat. [Would it be so difficult to eliminate them?]

[Yes, K'a. The human, Walter Seamus Grey, he has a rare gift that allows him to peer directly into my mind. Any plan I make is immediately known to him.]

A fourth, whispering voice added, [So you've let other M'arrillians lead in your 'absence', am I correct?]

Aa'une bowed his head. [Yes, Muro'masa. I have.]

A fifth voice laughed, [But he can only see what you are thinking of! You must find a way to shield your mind from your own thoughts!]

[How, Torr'en?]

A sixth voice answered, and even though the voice only spoke into Aa'une's mind, he could feel the ground tremble with the power of this creature's thoughts. [We will not say, my son. You must figure out alone what sight, thought, or action will crowd out all others. Discover for yourself how to overwhelm your mind with a perfect barrier, one that nothing can penetrate.]

Even though the voice had not said anything scornfully nor with any ridicule, Aa'une still felt the sting behind his father's disappointed tone. [Yes, Fen'rir.]

Suddenly, Aa'une's mind was empty, save for his own thoughts.

--- (Earth)

"That M'arrillian acted alone," Wally interrupted. He opened his eyes to see Adam and the inspector staring at him. "Aa'une didn't know that Ter'ro, that little guy there, was attacking me. He didn't even know he was on Earth until a little while ago. Aa'une was surprised that the M'arrillian 'scanner' was so close to being completed."

Adam's eyebrows raised. "Scanner?" he whispered.

The inspector leaned forward. "Is that other thing you told me true as well? You can see inside this Aa'une person's head?"

"Yeah."

"Show me. Show me how you do it right now."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:27 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Five

=====

Seth walked briskly through the halls of the hospital, seething. He held his hand up, feeling the numbers on the wall next to each door. He stopped at one door, turned the handle, and stormed into the room.

"What happened?" Seth bellowed into the room.

A voice he didn't know answered, "Um, your son was attacked by, well..."

"Spit it out!"

"Okay! A... he called it a M'arrillian."

Seth froze. "A M'arrillian? On Earth?"

The voice sounded surprised. "You know about these things?"

Seth scowled. "They're the reason Adam was in the hospital a month ago!"

There was a long pause, then the voice said shakily, "Well, your son told me about his... telepathy with these M'arrillians' leader. When I asked him to show me, he just spaced out. Why is that."

"I know Adam's in here. Why didn't you ask him?"

Adam spoke up. "This inspector doesn't believe anything unless two or more people say the same thing."

Seth put his hand against his forehead. "Wally IS showing you his telepathy. That EXACTLY what happens. I've seen it before."

The inspector asked incredulously, "You've SEEN it?"

"It's a long story..."

--- (Deepmines, Perim)

[GET OUT OF MY HEAD!] Aa'une hollered.

[Nah, I think I'll stay right here. Wow, that had to have hurt.]

Aa'une slammed his head into the wall again. Why wasn't Walter leaving? Shouldn't the pain crowd him out?

Walter laughed. [Oh, I see. You're looking for a shield against me. I thought you were also going insane, but you're just doing what daddy told you.]

[AUGH!] Aa'une spun around and floated from the room, hands clutching his head.

"Is everything all right?" someone asked from the far end of the chamber.

Aa'une spun around. The instant his eyes locked with the other creature's, all her thoughts spread open before him.

Her name was Lo'q. She was the fluidmorpher who gave Aa'une the broken scanner many days ago. She had been peeking in at him from time to time. Aa'une peered deeper into her thoughts and found-

[Ah, I think I've found that "shield"...] Aa'une thought as he felt Walter's presence waver. He glided towards Lo'q, a sly smile on his face. He glanced over Lo'q's fantasies until he found one that would work perfectly.

"Everything is all right, now," he grinned as he bent down level with Lo'q's face. "Your presence... soothes the pain."

Lo'q blinked, taken aback. She hadn't expected this.

[You can't be serious,] Walter muttered. [You're going to regret what you're about to do.]

[Oh, will I?] Aa'une responded silently. Then he said aloud, "Maybe you could stay for a bit, Lo'q. I enjoy the 'medication' you brought into the room."

Aa'une cackled inside his head as Walter's presence flickered and vanished, and a savage pleasure swelled in his chest as he leaned forward and placed his mouth over Lo'q's.

--- (Earth)

Wally blinked. What had just happened? Suddenly Aa'une's mind had pushed him out.

The inspector noticed Wally's eyes refocus and asked, "What happened? What did you see?"

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:28 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Six - Spy Removed

===== (Perim, a day later)

"Aa'une found a way to block me from his mind."

Barrath Beyond turned away and swore loudly. "So we're fighting in the dark again. Not that we were any better off before anyway."

Wally sighed. "It gets worse. Since I can't see his plans clearly anymore, he's probably reestablishing control over the M'arrillian army."

Barrath spat more vulgar profanities. "May the spirits roast him over the Living Flames at his passing.!"

Blazier put his hands over his ears. "Oy! I can't work with that rubbish in my ears!"

Barrath looked like he want to swear more, but Adam interrupted, "We still have the information from before, though. We still know their patterns, their officers, their-"

Barrath slammed a fist on the table. "Which will be completely void soon! Aa'une is smart, he'll know that we were still plucking thoughts out of his head before. He's probably rebuilding his entire strategy from the ground up as we speak!"

Vidav cleared his throat. "Walter, you aren't telling us everything. I see it in your eyes. Tell us _everything_ you saw and heard last."

Wally looked away. "...The M'arrillians are developing some kind of scanner. They're planning to use it to get to Earth and add humans to their army."

Vidav's eyes widened. Blazier glanced up from his work, moth hanging open. Barrath spoke rudely again.

Vidav put a hand over his eyes. "We don't need any explanation why THAT'S a bad thing. Anything else?"

"The Elder Oligarchs are starting to pay attention to the conflict." This only brought blank stares from the creatures in the room, so Wally elaborated, "They're the other six Oligarchs. Aa'une's father is one of them."

Vidav swore, binging a laugh from Barrath. Looking away, Vidav changed the topic. "How is Aa'une blocking you?"

"Are you married, Vidav?"

Vidav blinked. "Um, yes. But what does this have to do with-"

"Do you have children?"

Vidav looked away. "No. Not for a lack of trying. But I still don't see-"

"Aa'une's going to have a little mini-M'arrillian floating around if he keeps it up. That's his method of blocking me."

Vidav froze. "...Grand Spires save me..."

Barrath added, "I know I wouldn't want to hang around in his head during that."

--- (Earth, Grey Home)

Wally sat in his room with the door locked. "I'm not coming out until the inspector and his little friends LEAVE!"

Seth spoke through the door, "You can't blame them for being excited. But I wasn't coming to tell you to come out."

"What is it?"

"The jar that was holding Ter'ro is empty. He escaped."

--- (Men's Locker Room)

Ter'ro frantically pressed buttons on the side of the beacon in the locker. [It isn't working!]

[WHAT?!]

[I can't go back!]

--- (Perim, Deepmines)

"GET HIM OUT OF THERE!" Aa'une roared.

Bahrakatan started hitting the large machine. "Fluidmorpher, make yourself useful and get that," he pointed to the far end of the room.

Lo'q floated away, and Bahrakatan turned to Aa'une, eyes narrowed to slits. "She's your shield?"

Aa'une calmed immediately, looked away, and grinned slying at Lo'q's back. "Of sorts."

Bahrakatan shook his head. "You're impossible."

--- (Perim, Barrath's Camp)

"Where's Tangath? He doesn't know yet."

"His camp is in front of the Doors of the Deepmines," Blazier answered. "I don't envy him."

Adam took out his scanner. "You tell Tangath, Wally. I'm going to Grantkae's camp, then I'll check up on how Dad's doing with Gorram."

Wally and Adam disappeared in flashes of light. Barrath turned to Vidav. "What does 'Not for a lack of trying' mean?"

Vidav groaned and left the tent. Blazier chuckled. Barrath shrugged and returned to Blazier's maps.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:29 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Seven - Raid on the Deepmines

===== (Doors to the Deepmines)

There was a flash of light, and Wally appeared in the middle of Tangath's camp. Wally looked around and immediately determined what was going on.

"You're raiding the Deepmines, aren't you?"

Tangath looked up in surprise. "How did you know?"

Wally gestured at the state of the camp. "Tents being taken down, hiding them, food wrapped into rations. You're either raiding or delivering cookies, and I don't think you deliver cookies."

"What are-"

"Never mind, I have some bad news."

--- (Later)

Tangath took the news quite well compared to Barrath.

"The only problem I can think of with this turn of events is that he's able to plan in secret now."

Mudeenu suddenly appeared near Wally. "But since you cannot see into his mind clearly, he probably is reassuming control over his armies."

Tangath laughed. "That's actually a good thing. Aa'une tends to follow his troops into battle. If we do things right, we will have no more worries about the M'arrillian Oligarch!"

Mudeenu snorted. "Except Aa'une has a habit of surviving attempts against his life, even successful ones."

--- (Earth, Krystal's house)

"Dad? Are you home?"

Harold didn't answer. He was busy on the computer.

Krystal peeked into the room and saw the computer screen. "Why are you playing Chaotic online?"

Harold answered, "Because its such a fun game!" With a few movements of the mouse, he won the game again using the M'arrillian Heat Cannon.

--- (Grey home)

Wally ran down the stairs. "Adam! That M'arrillian got out!"

"What?"

"That M'arrillian is loose outside!"

--- (Perim, Deepmines)

Ter'ro floated into chamber. "You summoned me?"

Bahrakatan glanced down at the small chieftain. "Your other self is stuck on Earth. I am unfortunately out of ideas."

"What have you tried?"

"Everything I can think of."

Ter'ro closed his eyes. After a while, he muttered, "Of course..." He floated over to the machine and placed a tentacle on its side.

--- (Earth, college locker room)

Ter'ro gasped and backed away as the beacon began to vibrate. Violet smoke began to pour from the box and envelope Ter'ro. When it dissipated, Ter'ro had vanished.

--- (Perim, Deepmines)

"Ack, I'm imagining it right now," Tangath groaned. "Mudeenu, hit me in the head."

Mudeenu rolled his eyes. "It's hard to imagine a monster like Aa'une actually falling in love. He's just using her, of course."

Wally looked backwards at the army. There were many muges, all holding Mugispheres. Minion's Freesong. "Most people raid the enemy for supplies or to sabotage. This raid is more like a rescue mission."

Mudeenu narrowed his eyes. "To the M'arrillians, creatures are merely supplies."

Tangath stopped abruptly. Mudeenu looked confused. "I was only saying exactly what you said-"

Tangath raised a hand. "Quiet. Don't you see that?"

"See what?" Mudeenu stepped forward. "Oh."

A yellow wall of light stood in the path. As the rest of the army drew close enough to see it, they stopped as well.

Tangath placed a hand on the wall. "It's solid. It's made of light, but it's solid."

"It's made of Mugic," Mudeenu corrected. "A Mipedian Mugic, to be exact. Unworthy Dissonance." Mudeenu placed a hand on the wall, and it slipped through easily. "This Mugic was designed long ago to bar entry for anyone except those directly related to royalty."

Wally groaned. "Siril'ean's nearby."

A voice spoke from beyond the wall. "Yes I am."

Mudeenu raised his voice. "What game is this, M'arrillian?"

"It's simple. Single combat. If one of your army can pass through this wall and defeat me, this wall will dissolve, and your army may pass. If you lose, well then, the M'arrillian army will have a new member." The Mugical wall turned transparent enough so the army could see Siril'ean floating alone beyond the passage.

"It's a trap," Tangath whispered. "He won't keep that promise."

Mudeenu snorted. "That Mugic also has one additional effect on those within its protection. Those inside cannot lie, no matter how much they want to hide the truth." Mudeenu turned towards Siril'ean. "I accept this challenge!"

Mudeenu stepped forwards, into the wall of light. "I declare this the symbol of my worth!" A yellow light began to form around Mudeenu, forming the shape of another Mipedian. "Mahee, first king of the Mipedian tribe!"

Wally stared at the wall of light as Mudeenu stepped through. What would the army do if Mudeenu failed? He unconsciously grabbed the back of his right hand. Wally knew of only one other person here that could replace Mudeenu.

...Wally himself...

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:30 pm

No Safe Haven: Chapter Eight - Grey Symbol of Worth

===== (Chaotic, a while later)

A single flash of light appeared in the unusually empty PortCourt. As the light faded, Harold opened his eyes and grinned.

"My services are yours to command, my Lord," he muttered as he flipped through the locations on his scanner. Seconds later, he vanished in another flash of light.

--- (Perim)

Another blast of water flung Mudeenu towards the top of the chamber. He wheeled around, landed feet-first on the ceiling, and pointed a hand at Siril'ean. "Lightning Blast!"

Siril'ean covered his face with one arm, and the attack sprayed around him as it bounced off his arm.

"Get out of there!" Tangath roared from beyond the barrier.

Siril'ean laughed as he lazily waved his hand at Mudeenu, who began to spin violently in the air. "Unless you're making an even exchange, royalty for royalty, he cannot leave."

---

"This 'scanner' is nowhere near complete, Bahrakatan," Aa'une seethed. "It will only be complete until a 'beacon' is no longer needed."

Bahrakatan bowed his head and turned back to his work. Aa'une turned to Lo'q and wrapped an arm around her waist. "Meanwhile-"

Bahrakatan slammed his fists on the table. "NO! Not again. It is impossible for my focus to be on my work when you... do that. Now OUT!"

Aa'une shot a blazing glare at Bahrakatan.

---

Siril'ean pointed to the far wall, and Mudeenu rocketed in that direction and bounced of the wall with a loud clang. He hit the ground and rolled to a stop within arm's reach of the glowing barrier.

Mudeenu groaned and opened his eyes. Siril'ean glided forward and raised a hand upward. "Crown of Aa'une!" Aa'une's crown sparked into existence around Siril'ean's head.

"MUDEENU! RUN!" Tangath and several other creatures roared.

Siril'ean whispered, "Don't run. Look into my eyes." Mudeenu felt his face lift up and his eyes focus on the M'arrillian. Silir'ean muttered, "Stare deep into my eyes. Lose yourself in them. Yearn to obey me. Desire only what I want you to desire."

Mudeenu tried to look away, but his face felt frozen. His breath began to seize in his chest, and his felt his mind begin to fade.

Siril'ean smiled broadly. "Let all other loyalties die away. Only Aa'une our Lord, your Lord, can now quench your thirst. Stand and bow to your-"

Mudeenu blinked. Siril'ean had stopped talking. A lot of pure shock covered his face, and his eyes pointed not a Mudeenu, but behind him. A hand grabbed Mudeenu's shoulder, and he turned to see who was rescuing him.

Mudeenu's heart skipped a beat. The hand pulling him backwards belonged to a human.

"Royalty for royalty," Wally muttered as he heaved Mudeenu backwards. Ignoring the amazed expressions of the surrounding creatures, he stepped into the Mugical barrier. "I declare this the symbol of my worth!" A gray light began to form around Wally.

---

Adam and Seth simultaneously gasped in pain and grabbed their right hands. Adam turned his hand over and watched as a black symbol etched into his skin. "Dad..."

"I feel it."

--- (Earth)

Adam, Seth , and Wally were about to leave the house when the back of their right hands began to burn. Wally looked down, eyes wide. "Raquez's mark," he breathed.

"Why is it appearing now?" Adam asked.

Seth's face was pale. "You already know. One of us told. Our secret's been revealed.

--- (Elsewhere on Earth)

An old man traced the lines that appeared on the back of his hand. Who told? He would soon find out. He stood and left the dark room.

--- (Perim)

The gray light twisted in the air, forming into an impossibly muscular form larger than a human. A long tail appeared behind the figure, and broad wings unfolded on its back. The figure dissolved as Wally stepped completely out of the barrier.

Rubbing the back of his hand, where a black mark had appeared, Wally smiled darkly. "Raquez, the Gray Demon. First king of darkness on Earth."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter Zero - Summoning

===== (Centuries before "No Safe Haven")

The walls of the chamber were draped with blood-stained curtains. Seven cloaked men stood around an alter at the center of the dungeon room, arms raised and chanting in unearthly tongues. Laying on the alter was a man, tied up in thick cords, a ruby-decorated dagger protruding from his chest.

One of the surrounding men stepped forward and held a hand over the stabbed man. "May history forget the name of this person. Whatever he was in life shall be no more." The cloaked man tilted his head back and gripped the edge of the alter. "The vessel is prepared! Let the binding commence!"

The other six men dropped to one knee and bowed to the alter. Together, they chanted, "Let the border be blurred. The world of chaos and the world of men will meet, and from this union, a demon will rise."

The ceiling of the chamber began to ripple as if it were made of water, and dust began to rain down from it. The leader's eyes rolled back into his head as he intoned, "Come and answer our will, Gray Demon. We cage you within this empty shell before us. We call upon you!"

Together, all seven men bellowed a single name: "RAQUEZ!"

The dust in the air froze, glittering in the candlelight. Then it began to spiral around the alter, drawing closer and closer to the dagger in the slain man's chest. The sparkling dust vanished into the hilt, and the dead man's eyes opened, devoid of color.

A tortured cry escaped the man's lungs as the dagger in his chest suddenly flew out of his chest and shattered against the ceiling. The color of his skin began to fade to a pale gray, followed by his hair. His fingernails twisted, becoming jet-black claws. His muscles began to expand, fraying and breaking the ropes that bound him.

The beast roared, and the rope snapped, his clothing tore to shreds, and the alter crumbled to ash. The Gray Demon fell to the ground and laid still. The seven cloaked men backed away, watching carefully.

The demon blinked, then put a large hand on his chest. "This is not my heart," he muttered. He raised his hand over his face. "Too many fingers." He rolled to his side and stood up, staggering. "Where is my tail, my wings?" He gazed down at his unclothed form. "What am I? Where am I?"

The leader of the cloaked men stepped forward. "What do you remember?"

The demon held his head. "...I am Raquez. This is not my body. That is all I know. I cannot remember anything else."

His face hidden beneath his hood, the cloaked man smiled. "Perfect," he breathed too softly to hear.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter One - Promise Regicide

=====

The leader of the cloaked men waited as Raquez continued to puzzle over his new body, muttering about extra and missing body parts. After a few minutes, the man cleared his throat. "Seeker. Fetch a robe for the demon."

One of the other cloaked men turned and left the chamber. Raquez blinked and glanced downwards, finally registering his lack of covering. He hid his lower regions behind his hands and glared at the cloaked man in front of him. "Who are you?" he asked venomously.

The cloaked man raised his arms. "I am not attacking you. There's no need to add acid to your tongue. I am Guide. You do not need to know me by any other name."

Raquez's eyes narrowed, and he took a single step backwards, raising one of his hands in front of his face. "Only those up to no good hide their names and faces. Explain yourself!"

Guide slowly shook his head from side to side, arms still raised. "We are the Nameless Covenant. We voluntarily erased ourselves from the records of time itself. Even we do not know our own names."

Seeker returned, carrying a red cloth. He stopped next to Guide, knelt down, and crawled on his knees towards Raquez, head bowed. He laid the folded cloth at the demons feet and turned away without a word. Raquez bent down and picked up the cloth, which unfolded into a robe more appropriately sized for a human. Raquez glanced at Guide with a raised eyebrow.

Guide chuckled. "We weren't sure exactly what would happen when you arrived into our world. We assumed you would appear physically similar to one of us. I can see we were mistaken."

Raquez flipped the robe around and wrapped it around his waist, tying it at the back. "And why did you call me here, Guide?"

Guide clasped his hands together. "We, the Nameless Covenant, have sworn to place beings who have been wrongfully banished back upon their thrones."

Raquez stared blankly at Guide. "I'm not sure I follow."

"The king of this land is false royalty. He used his sorcerors to banish this land's true king to the world of chaos and take his place. He wiped his mind of almost all memory, twisted his body, and left him to rot."

Raquez was still mystified. "And who is this true king?"

Guide raised a single arms towards Raquez. "You are the true king of this land, Raquez. With our aid, you will regain your rightful place upon the throne of this kingdom."

The demon's eyes went wide. Then his eyes began to glow, and his face contorted into rage.

---

Two cloaked figures peeked into the chamber through knotholes in the wooden door. One whispered to the other, "That's incredible! He believed Guide without question!"

The other answered, "Of course the demon believes Guide. Anyone would believe Guide's silver tongue." The figure sighed. "Even if the Gray Beast's mind was a thousand times more powerful than that body of his, Guide would control it with a single word."

The first figure glance sideways. "It worrisome the tone you use to say that, Blade. And you had an odd look in your eye before Seeker got Raquez that cloak..."

"What of it, Hammer?" Blade asked, her eyes still gazing dreamily at the gray demon.

Hammer grabbed Blade forcibly by the shoulder and turned her around. Faster than the eye could follow, and knife appeared in Blade's hand and hovered at Hammer's neck. Ignoring the knife, Hammer hissed, "Such thoughts as the ones in your head right now are dangerous! You cannot possibly hope to survive even mere seconds at that demon's mercy! My sister, see reason! The Gray Beast could smother you with a kiss, crush you with a squeeze of his arms, or rip you apart while in an act of passion!"

Blade whipped the blunt end of her knife into Hammer's face, but it still drew blood. "I don't need the opinion of a pessimist like you, Hammer."

Hammer released his hold on Blade and wiped his face. "Oh, of course. The Nameless Covenant's finest sword master would rather die clutching the bare chest or hips of a demonic lover than die on the battlefield." Hammer spun around, cursing under his breath.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:31 pm

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter Two - King of Darkness

=====

Raquez stood in the Covenant's armory, a long hall covered with weapon and armor. He lifted a large sword from a table and examined it.

A female voice spoke from behind. "A claymore. A sword requiring two hands to weild. A very powerful weapon."

Raquez sighed. "And what word hides your nameless face, woman?"

"I am called Blade. If you wish, I can assist you in selecting a weapon."

The demon took a step back and swung the claymore around one-handed. "Thank you for the offer, but I can manage." He frowned dissaprovingly and the weapon he held. "Too fragile."

Blade raised and eyebrow. "That weapon is made of solid steel."

"Exactly," Raquez muttered, snapping the weapon in half with a rap of his knuckles. He tossed the broken claymore aside and picked up a pair of daggers.

Blade stepped to the demon's side. "Ah, small blades are my favorite. Such deadly potential hidden beneath such a strong, curved blade." She reached as if to stroke the dagger, but traced her fingers across Raquez's arm instead.

Raquez pulled away. "Yes. Beautiful, but far too soft." He bent the hilt of the dagger without any effort and dropped it, turning his attention to a row of battleaxes.

Blade smiled and let her hood slide off her head. "When others see a room full of weapons, they become charmed by how much concentrated death lies around them. You, however... you glance across the room with a critical eye, very much like me."

Raquez crushed the head of an axe with a single hand and spun around. "Are you going to continue bothering me? I don't need you commenting on my every step! Besides, I don't need any of these weapons. My hands are more dangerous powerful than everything else in this room combined!"

Blade tilted her head to the side, eyes half-closed. "Are you including me in that?"

The demon growled and headed for the door. Blade quickly slipped behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "These hands, how powerful are they?"

Raquez hissed, "You just watched me break metal-"

"I mean demonic stuff." Blade slipped a hand under Raquez's arm and began to stroke his chest. "For example, can you make flames erupt from them?"

Raquez's breathing became labored. He closed his eyes and moaned, "No, not like that."

"Pity," Blade smiled, slipping her other hand under the demon's arm and dragging her fingers across his chin. "I bet I can think of another way to heat things up a bit, though," she whispered as dropped her other hand down to Raquez's makeshift loincloth-

Blade stumbled forward. Raquez had vanished, and his voice echoed from behind her. "This is how my hands are otherwise dangerous." Blade felt her feet freeze in their tracks and her hands halt in midair, and her body was surrounded by a black mist.

Raquez turned asied and spoke into the shadows behind him, "As promised, Hammer, here she is. You were right." Raquez shot a scathing look at Blade. "She desires me."

Hammer stepped out of the shadows. "Thank you, Gray Beast, for not harming her. You may continue your preparations for tomorrow. I need to have a word with my sister."

As Raquez left, Blade's and Hammer's angry voices followed him from the room.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:31 pm

The Grey Family, The Grey Demon: Chapter Three - Preparing the Attack

=====

Raquez gazed at the distant fortress, eyes narrow. This "king" would pay for what he had done to him.

Guide stepped beside the demon. "I see you didn't find a weapon to your liking."

"I don't need one," Raquez hissed.

Guide laughed. "Your hands are all you need, hm? You still need armor, though. Hammer is ready to help you with that."

"I'm certain I don't need-"

"Armor is not merely for defense, Gray Beast. An expert smith can forge metal into terrifying forms. Reconsider, please. A king like yourself must have PRESENCE on the battlefield."

--- (Hammer's Workshop)

Hammer sat in a chair in front of Raquez, sketching the demon's body on several tablets. He held his quill at arm's length, measured, and returned his attention to the tablet in front of him.

"This is very uncomfortable, Hammer," Raquez muttered.

"I'm almost done. You can get your clothes back on afterwords. If these sketches are inaccurate, then your armor will be flawed."

Raquez turned his head and stared at Hammer's fire-pit. "I'm grateful your sister isn't here."

"Normally she would be. We both are smiths. She specializes in weapons, and I specialize in armor, but we usually help each other with our work. Okay, I'm done."

Raquez bolted to the side of the room, dressed quickly, and left. Hammer began sketching the plans for the demon's armor.

--- (Later)

Raquez was speechless for a moment. "Okay, I am impressed." The armor Hammer had created had a brilliant flame print, with a yellow base and orange trim. "I see you... exaggerated a little bit..."

"Every master smith tries to improve upon the original. Besides, when you march to that castle this morning, and the castle guards come out to defend, the first thing they should see is the strength of their opponent."

Raquez chuckled. "And how better to intimidate them than to bloat the muscles of the chest and stomach tenfold?"

Hammer grinned and turn back to the bench. His smile fell flat. "The tablets are missing."

"What? ...You mean the ones without armor drawn on them?"

---

Hidden in her chamber, Blade stroked the drawing of the demon. "Remember, demon, I claim you as mine. When the king is gone, I'll ask Guide to flow his silver tongue, and your heart will belong to me. Be grateful. This way, he won't have to destroy you after he's finished with you." She held the drawing against her chest. "Nothing can keep me from having you."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:32 pm

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter Four - Castle Siege

=====

The castle guards determination wavered as the large doors of the outer wall shook. The doors would vibrate as a loud crash filled the air, then it would be quiet, then another crash would fill the air. The doors began to crack near the hinges, and the braver soldier drew arrows and loaded their crossbows. The door shuddered one more time...

Raquez blasted the door down with one final swing of his fist, then grabbed the arrows fired at him from the air with the other hand. Raquez glared at the soldiers in front of him, and many of them dropped their weapons, faces pale. He took a step forward, and many men scattered, while others hesitantly reloaded their weapons. With a wave of his hand, Raquez froze the entire army in place.

Guide stepped through the gate, applauding, along with many of the Covenant's soldiers. "Simply amazing, Raquez. I'd expect nothing less from the true king."

Another of the hooded men snorted, "They're still alive."

Raquez turned his angry eyes to the man who had spoken. "I came to rescue these people from the false king, not annihilate them."

The man averted his gaze. As Raquez drew closer to the main walls of the castle, Guide drew the man aside and fumed, "The demon believes that he is the rightful ruler of those people, Seeker. Let him do as he wishes for now, and you may 'clean up' afterwords if you wish."

Blade whispered nearby, "There's always my alternative-"

"For the last time, no. There is too much that could go wrong with your idea."

Blade cursed under her breath.

---

The main hall of the castle gained another set of statues, and Raquez made his way through the frozen crowd-

CLANG!

One of the soldiers had become mobile again, and he had swung his sword at the demon's back, only for the weapon to bounce off of his armor. Raquez spun around, lifted the man into the air, and threw him at the wall. The soldier fell limp to the ground.

A old man's voice echoed around the room, "I see the Covenant was desperate enough to summon a demon." Raquez spotted the man walk into the room through a wooden door. The man wore what appeared to be a magi's robes. The magi lifted a hand in the air and spoke softly, "Put this fell-beast to rest. Searing Grounds."

The floor of the room began to glow, and smoke began to rise from Raquez's boots. Raquez muttered, "Dismiss," waved his hand, and the glow flickered and died.

Other members of the Nameless Covenant entered the room to see Raquez towering over the magi, eyes blazing. Then the demon simply turned and left. Stunned, Guide rushed forward. When they were out of the magi's earshot, he asked, "You looked ready to crush him, then you left him alive!"

Raquez didn't answer immediately. After a while, he spoke. "I could hear the sorcerer's daughter behind the door. That made me hesitate. Then I saw that he couldn't have been one of those who banished me."

"How?"

"I looked into his eyes, and in them I saw that he didn't know who I was. If he had helped this false king replace me, he surely would have recognized the Grey Demon."

Guide stopped, terrified, while Raquez continued forward. Guide heard the magi's voice in his head: "So, Silvertongue, you appear to have woven quite a tale for the demon. But you seem to have made a few critical errors. First, the lie you told is easily exposed. Second, you chose to summon a demon with a soft heart. Finally, this same demon sees more than you do."

Guide spun around, drawing his sword, but the magi had vanished. The magi continued, "You should be afraid. If you back out now, the demon will see your treachery. If you proceed, he will see your lie. And if you attack him, he will destroy you."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:32 pm

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter Five - Kings and Traitors

=====

The bodyguards formed a wall between the king and the door, which rattled as something behind it struck it again and again. Several soldiers loaded crossbows while others readied their swords.

Raquez blasted the door off its hinges, then knocked the arrows fired at him aside with a quick wave of his arms. The soldiers took a step forward, swords pointed forward. The demon clapped his hands together, and the surprised soldiers abruptly flew to opposite sides of the room.

The king's face paled when he saw the demon in front of him. Raquez glared at the king. "Surprised? You thought you were rid of me?"

The king tried to speak, but another voice cut in, "Do you really expect him to admit he overthrew you, Raquez?" Guide stepped into the room, along with many other members of the Nameless Covenant. Guide continued, "I'm curious... What method of execution will you use for the usurper?"

The king's eyes widened. Guide smiled as he watched Raquez ponder. Raquez closed his eyes. "This man will have to earn his life."

Guide's smile vanished. "What do you mean?"

"If this fake wants to live, he must defeat me in swordplay. No interference."

The king gave up trying to argue and drew his sword, then paused. "Where is your sword, monster?"

Raquez raised his hand skywards.

--- (Far beyond Earth's orbit)

A single meteor moved out of its orbit and began to fall towards the sun. It made a long curve around the surface of a red plant, then continued on a path to a blue-green planet. It hurtled towards the planet, barely missing the moon. The meteor's surface began to glow red as it entered the planet's atmosphere. Pieces of the meteor's metallic body broke away, forming a long and narrow blade.

---

A long, metal object blasted through the ceiling of the throne room, and Raquez plucked it out of the air. A black sword, the edges of its blade still red with heat, sat in Raquez's armored hand. "Here is my sword," Raquez answered.

The king blinked, then raised his sword high and charged at the demon, swinging his blade downward. Raquez raised his sword to block the king's, and the crashing blades created a shower of sparks. Raquez pushed his sword forward, knocking the king off balance, then thrust his sword forward. The king barely deflected the sword with a twist of his own blade, but fell to the ground.

Raquez stood over the king, the point of his sword at the king's face. The king looked up at the demon in terror. Raquez's eyes blazed a fierce white, and he raised his sword high- then gently lowered it.

Guide blinked, mouth hanging open. "What are you doing?"

The glow had vanished from Raquez's eyes. "This man is no usurper. He is a noble man, willing to protect the country which rightfully belongs to him." Raquez turned his gaze to Guide. "This man is the rightful king, and you are the usurper, Silvertongue."

Guide stepped backwards, and the rest of the Covenant moved to protect him. Raquez slammed the point of his sword into the ground, and the cloaked men and women suddenly fell to the ground. Raquez declared loudly, "This is the price of your deceit!"

The demon flicked his sword upwards, where it spiraled out of his hands. Frozen in place, Guide felt his head move to watch the sword spin in the air, coming closer and closer-

The sword stabbed the leader of the Nameless Covenant directly between the eyes, pinning his body in a standing position against the wall behind him. The remainder of the Covenant stared for a while, and hafl of them fled. Unexpectedly, the other half bowed before Raquez, expressing thanks for freeing them from the Silvertongue.

Head bowed, Hammer crept closer to Raquez. "I wanted to tell you. I wanted to warn you, but the Silvertongue's control prevented me."

Raquez looked around. "Where is your sister?"

Hammer scowled. "She joined the wretched Covenant of her own will."

---

Blade watched the demon from behind a stained-glass window. "I swear I will have you, Raquez. Never forget that you belong to me."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:33 pm

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter Six - Confessions

===== (A couple days later)

Raquez sat at the edge of a lake close to the palace, still in the armor from days ago, gazing across the water. He absentmindedly fiddled with a flat rock in his hands. He heard footsteps approach from behind.

Without turning, Raquez noted, "You're the magi's daughter."

"Yes I am." She stepped beside the demon and sat down.

There was a long quiet moment. Then Raquez said, "If you hadn't been there, your father would no longer be alive."

"Father told me you were being merciful."

"...I have a confession to make. Mercy didn't stay my hand at first. You did. I heard you watching us from behind the door. You were practically begging me to let your father live. That's what caused me to hesitate at first."

"Then you turned around and left-"

Raquez turned his head away. "I am not a merciful person. I saw that your father was innocent of the crime I was about to punish him for, and I did what was just and spared him." Raquez stood and tossed the rock he held across the water, which skipped many times before vanishing below the surface.

The woman thought for a moment. "The Silvertongue's crimes must have been enough for you to warrant death. My father told me what lies he told you."

Raquez sat down heavily. "The problem is, Guide based many of his lies on truth. The king did banish someone, just not me. I am a king, but not a king of anything in this world."

"The world of chaos," the woman muttered.

They both were quiet for a while, then Raquez asked, "What's your name?"

The woman smiled. "My name is Stella."

--- (Months later)

Raquez laid on the grass near the lake, wearing a simple pair of pants he had made himself instead of his armor. He watched the clouds in the sky pass with the wind.

The sun was suddenly blocked, and a woman's silhouette appeared above Raquez. Raquez smiled. "Hello, Stella."

Stella grinned briefly, then her face turned solemn. "That face isn't fooling me, Raquez. You aren't happy."

Raquez rolled to his side. "Nothing works. Your father and I have worked for months, and it looks like I can't go back to where I used to be."

Stella laid next to Raquez and rolled to face him. "But you've gotten so close."

Raquez rolled to his back. "I know! I can see where it is!" Raquez reached his hands up, as if he was trying to grab the sky. "It's so close, I can touch the barrier between this world and mine, but at the same time it's so far away!"

Raquez dropped his hands to his side. Stella moved closer to him and looked up. "Is it the sky?"

"...No, it's not the sky." Raquez sighed. "It's like a wall of diamond. You can see your goal through it, but it's impossible to go any further."

"...I have a confession to make this time. I can't see what you're trying to show me." Stella moved her hand over Raquez's and slipped her fingers between his. "Something in your voice says you don't really want to leave."

Raquez had no answer for that.

--- (A week later)

Stella walked towards the lake, wondering. Her father had told her that Raquez wanted to see her there, then turned away with an odd smile on his face.

Stella spotted something laying on the grass and hurried over, then stopped when she saw what it was. Raquez's pants were folded neatly, and his footprints were leading to the lake's edge. Stella looked out at the lake to see Raquez standing waist deep in the water.

Raquez raised both hands, each with a thick glove covering it. Two lights appeared in the sky, and they flew downward, spiraling around each other. As they drew closer, fragments broke away from each light. Raquez clapped his hands together, and the two light hit each other, emitting a shower of sparks. The new light continued to drop towards the Earth.

Raquez cupped his hands together, catching the light, and dunked his hands into the water, which began to steam violently. After a minute, Raquez took his hands out of the water and examined whatever it was in his hands.

Raquez looked up at Stella, then hid the object in his hands behind his back. "I didn't expect you to be here so soon."

Stella looked down at Raquez's folded clothing. "Apparently not."

Raquez began to step out of the water. "Before I say what's really on my mind, I have a confession to make."

"It's cold out there?" Stella guessed, giggling.

Raquez laughed. "No. Well, yes it is, but that's not what I was talking about." Raquez was now within arm's reach of Stella, his wet skin and hair glittering in the starlight. "...I may be a king, but my kingdom isn't here. I may be the wealthiest being in my native world, but here I have nothing. I have no palace, no fortune, and no kingdom. I am the king of darkness, which is to say the king of nothing."

Raquez took his hands out from behind his back and reached to hold Stella's hands in his, careful to hide the object still in his right hand. "But I have these arms, and I can build a palace. A palace called a home. And anything I can make I can sell, and I can call that a fortune. But there's one thing I can't take for myself."

"A kingdom?" Stella guessed, knowing she was wrong.

"No, I don't want that anymore. This thing I want I can only be given." Raquez dropped to one knee and held Stella's left hand with both of his. "I love you," he said, slipping the ring hidden in his right hand, made of meteor-metal and a large diamond, onto Stella's finger. "Will you marry me?"

Stella wrapped her arms around Raquez, knocking the both of them over. Her dress began to get wet from touching Raquez's bare skin. She looked down at the demon's laughing face. "Yes," she said simply, then pressed her mouth against Raquez's.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm bored. New Chapter!
    -------------------------

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter Seven - Haunting Past

===== (Years later)

Stella sat at the lake with a young child. Her child. She covered her face with her hands, and the little boy stared up at her, waiting. Stella opened her hands and said, "***."

The boy giggled and tried to touch his mother's face. On the back of his right hand was an odd black mark, the only thing about him that implied non-human heritage.

Stella saw men riding on horseback from the corner of her eye. She picked up her child, saying, "Daddy's coming home, Westley!" Westley gurgled, still unable to understand her.

Stella reached the road, where many other women waited. Stella looked around, confused that Raquez was nowhere to be seen.

A wagon was being pulled by a pair of horses. Stella peered inside and saw many bodies covered in white cloth laying in a row. She wondered whose faces may be under the sheets and turned away. Another wagon was approaching-

Stella's heart skipped a beat. The next wagon held only one body, a body far too large to have been human. A gust of wind blew part of the sheet aside, and Stella saw a gray hand with black claws. Tears streamed down Stella's face as Raquez's body passed her, while Westley glanced around, not knowing that he was now fatherless.

--- (A day ago)

It seemed that Raquez's very presence was helping win the battle. When the invaders caught sight of the large demon, some would immediately throw down their weapons in surrender, while others would turn and flee. Raquez easily dispatched the men who did attempt to fight him.

While other soldiers fought in groups, Raquez fought alone. He had no captain, and he was the captain of nobody. It worked better for Raquez that way. He could fight without harming those on his side.

This time, however, Raquez wished that SOMEONE was nearby. He had a feeling that he was being watched, but no idea from where or by whom. It was so distracting, several times invaders had taken two steps forward instead of one before Raquez froze them in place... or something to that extent-

Raquez heard something whistle through the air and moved to deflect it, but then he felt the object hit the side of his neck. He felt for the projectile and pulled it out.

A small, hollow needle. Raquez felt his arms and legs become heavy, and he collapsed to his knees. A familiar voice spoke from behind him: "Hello, Raquez. It's been so long."

Raquez struggled to speak and failed. Blade continued, "It must have been hard, living without me. You must have stayed awake long each night, hoping I'd arrive at your doorstep."

Raquez growled, trying to speak again. His voice wouldn't cooperate. He felt Blade's hand slip under his arms, fiddling with the locks on his armor. There were a few clicks as the locks came loose, and Raquez's armor fell away.

Blade traced her finger on Raquez's back. "Of course, I know I'm lying to myself. You took another woman, and you gave her your child."

Something sharp stabbed into Raquez's back, and he roared at the sky. Blade pulled her dagger out of the demon's back and stepped around him. She leaned into his face and said, "You made her a ring from metal and a gem mined from the sky, and then you stepped out of the water and presented it to her. Then she pushed you over like this," and Blade put a finger on Raquez's chest and pushed him down. "Then she held you like this." Laid on Raquez and slipped an arm around him.

There was another sharp pain, this time at Raquez's side. His cry of pain was muted. Blade pulled the dagger out and sat up on Raquez's stomach. "You will give me what you gave her," Blade said as she plunged the dagger into Raquez's gut. Raquez's chest heaved pitifully, and Blade leaned forward until her face was right above Raquez's. "And I don't mean the ring you made. You will give me yourself... and then you will die."

Raquez took a deep breath and roared, and his arm shot up and grabbed Blade's face. Blade stared at Raquez in astonishment and terror, trying to pull her face out of the demon's grip. Raquez pushed his arm forward-

SNAP!

Blade fell sideways, her head twisted in an odd angle, her face frozen in surprise and fear.

Raquez laid on the ground, struggling to breathe. Moving his arm had taken every bit of strength he had left in his body, and now the only thing he could do was make his chest rise and fall. Soon, his breathing became shallower and shallower. His chest heaved one more time, and then Raquez didn't move at all.

The sky began to twist and ripple, and glittering dust began to rise from Raquez's open mouth. The dust spiraled and danced upwards, slowing losing its glow and turning a dark black. Then it vanished somewhere in the rippling sky, and the sky became calm and still again.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 pm

The Grey Family, The Gray Demon: Chapter Eight - Ceturies Later

===== (Hundreds of years later)

"Seth! Get away from the window!"

The young boy turned around. "Who are those people outside?"

"They're bad people, son. Regulus!"

Regulus stumbled in carrying a long wrapped object. "I have it, Azu."

Azu turned to Seth and knelt down so they were eye-to-eye. "Seth. You are going to have to get away from here with Regulus."

"Aren't you coming with me?" Seth asked, his eyes sad.

"Not this time, son. If I fight them, maybe you'll have enough time to get away-"

A large rock hit the window, shattering it to pieces. Azu grabbed Seth and pulled him away from the flying glass. Seth put his arms around his father. "I don't want to leave you."

"I'm sorry, Seth." Azu pulled away and held Seth's right hand in his own right hand, both of them with black marks on the back. "Keep the demon's mark a secret."

Seth nodded, wiping away his tears. "Let's go, Regulus," he muttered.

---

Holding the package in one hand and Seth's hand in the other, Regulus ran away from the house. Seth looked back. "Someone's following us, Regulus." After a while, Seth spoke again. "It's that man who tried to kidnap me when I was a month old."

Regulus glanced backwards in time to see the man throw something, and he dodged to the left. The thrown dagger sailed an inch away from Regulus's head and buried itself in the ground ahead. Regulus spun around and tore the wrapping of the package he held.

"Stand back, Seth," Regulus warned, pointing the meteor sword at the man behind them.

---

Several cloaked men burst into the house to find Azu calmly waiting for them. He politely said hello and returned to reading a book on his lap. A man stepped forward, then fell backwards as the book hit him in the head.

Azu pulled another book from the shelf and opened it. "That was the entire works of Shakespeare that I threw at you, by the way. Enjoy."

Another man stepped forward hesitantly, and he was knocked over by another book.

"And that was every fairy tale ever written by Hans Christan Anderson. Don't you people learn?"

---

Regulus took a step forward and swung the sword in a wide arc, while the cloaked man ducked down and let it fly over his head. The sword's momentum caused Regulus to stagger back a bit.

The cloaked man chuckled. "Looks like you don't know how to use the demon's sword." He leaped forward and kicked the sword out of Regulus's grip, and it stuck in the ground a distance away.

The cloaked man twisted Regulus's hand behind his back and held a dagger to his throat. "Oh little demon child," he taunted, "you know what's going to happen to your servant if you run away, right?"

---

Every cloaked man charged at Azu at once. Azu threw a third book into the crowd, then stood and threw the chair he was sitting on. The crowd managed to get a hold on him and pin him down.

On of the cloaked men leaned down and whispered, "Our master is coming, Azu. I think she'll be quite pleased with us. Don't you think so?"

Azu managed to sound calm even while being pressed to the floor. "I imagine she'll be delighted."

"How true, Azu," a woman's voice spoke from outside the door. A rotting corpse stepped into the room. "What a pleasure to see you again, descendant of Raquez."

Azu looked up. "It looks like you've seen better days, Blade."

---

Seth stepped forward. "Let him go," he ordered.

The man laughed. "He'll be okay if you just follow me, kid."

Seth stepped forward and plucked the meteor sword out of the ground. "Let... him... GO!"

The man held his dagger closer to Regulus's neck. "Drop the sword, kid!"

Seth's eyes began to glow white. "I gave you a chance," he muttered, and he vanished.

The man's arm suddenly flared with pain. He cried out, then screamed as he saw his arm fall to the ground.

Seth reappeared behind the man, sword held high. He spoke in a distorted voice, as if Raquez was speaking instead of him, "Your day of judgment has come. I pronounce you guilty. This is the punishment for ALL of your crimes!" Seth swung the sword down.

---

"Stand him up," Blade ordered. When Azu was upright, she leaned forward. "It's been so long since a son of Raquez has been within my grasp." She reached up and stroked Azu's cheek. Azu gagged, and Blade frowned. "Too bad you aren't as delighted as me."

Azu swallowed his nausea. "Actually, I'm thrilled you came."

Blade put her decaying hands on Azu's chest. "You mean you've changed your mind? That is delightful."

Azu's eyes began to glow. "Who said I changed my mind?" he asked in Raquez's voice.

A man outside yelled, "A star is falling towards the house!"

Blade snarled and wrapped her hands around Azu's throat. "You can't get rid of me that easily, Raquez!"

Azu's eyes continued to glow. "Maybe not you, but I can demolish your reunited Nameless Covenant. And you have a very weak grip. Death has not been kind to you."

--- (The next day)

People gather around the crater where Azu's house once stood. A group of rescuers dug through the dirt, looking for survivors.

"I found one!"

A man was carried out of the crater. One of the rescuers looked and the man's face and smothered a laugh. "Wow, Azu. You certainly have bad luck, don't you."

Azu shook the dirt from his hair. "Bad and good luck. Bad luck to always be hit by space-rocks. Good luck to always survive."

--- (America, a week later)

"Your names, sir?"

"My name is Regulus Grey," Regulus lied. "And this is my son, Seth."

Seth looked up at the questioner. "What's your name?"

The questioner smiled. "My name is Adam Brown."

Seth giggled. "Wow! We're both colors! I like you, 'cause you're the first nice person we've met in a while."

Adam Brown sighed. "Yes, the world really needs more nice people." He smiled broadly down at Seth. "Let me be the first to welcome you. Welcome to the United States of America!"

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Zero - Escaping the Past

===== (Deepmines, Present day)

Siril'ean backed away, stammering, "B-but that was... it was supposed to..."

Wally smiled tauntingly "Supposed to what? Keep me out? You decided only a king had the honor to fight you, so here I am." He took a step forward, and the ground rippled around his feet.

Siril'ean's back hit the wall behind him, and he turned his head away and shielded his eyes. "Please! Don't!"

Wally laughed. "Don't what? Don't hurt you?" He threw a fist into the wall beside Siril'ean's head, and the entire cavern shook. Wally closed his eyes and muttered, "A cowardly M'arrillian prepares a trap for the Mipedian prince, and now he begs for MY mercy."

Siril'ean fell to the ground. "I mean you no harm!"

Wally opened his eyes, which shone with a bright light. Wally opened his mouth, but a deep, demonic voice overlapped his own. "You mean harm to all the Dryland tribes of PERIM! You M'arrillians are indiscriminate to who you harm when you seize power! Therefore I must be unwavering in dealing justice!" Wally swatted Siril'ean's shielding arm and forced the fluidmorpher to look into his eyes. "THIS IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR YOU MALICE AND COWARDICE!"

Siril'ean felt the world twist around him, and Wally suddenly as far away. A long, endless tunnel stretched in front of Siril'ean, as well as behind him.

---

Siril'ean's body went slack and hit the ground.

As the glow in Wally's eyes began to fade, Wally turned back to the stunned Dryland army. "I think you were on a rescue mission. Some of you might want to take Mudeenu back to the surface though."

Tangath was too shaken to point out that it was his job to give out orders. "Where are you going?"

Wally turned to face the shadows ahead. "To destroy the king of cowards."

As Wally left the creatures behind, Wally reached for the back of his right hand. "I put you all in danger," he whispered. "Please forgive me, Dad."

--- (Earth, Grey house)

Seth stormed into the living room. "Everyone must leave now," he ordered.

The inspector and his assistants looked up, confused. "What's going on-?"

"NOW!"

Without waiting for them to obey his orders, Seth hurried to the kitchen. He grabbed the side of the refrigerator and pulled it to the ground, spilling its contents everywhere. Behind it was an unlabeled keypad. Seth rapidly press a few buttons, and the wall slid away, revealing a long wrapped object.

Carrying the package, Seth hurried to the front door, almost tripping over the inspector's suitcase. "I SAID GET OUT!" Seth bellowed as he left.

Adam already had the engine of the car running, and Seth climbed in the passenger seat. "You in here, Wally?"

"Yes."

Seth turned to Adam. "We need to get far away from here."

"Regulus's house?"

"Probably best."

--- (Cemetery)

The ground over a single grave began to shake and crack open. A burnt-out candle wobbled and fell into the crevasse. A bony had reached out of the ground...

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter One - Collision Course

===== (M'arr, Capital of the Deepmines)

Wally yelled in frustration and hit the wall with a fist. The entire city was deserted. No chieftains, no fluidmorphers, no Kha'rall, not even any civilians. The entire location had been evacuated, and recently.

Wally threw his head back and bellowed, "AA'UNE! SHOW YOURSELF!" The only answer was his own voice echoing through the cavern.

--- (Earth)

The Grey family drove on the otherwise empty freeway in silence. Adam stared forward with unnatural intensity as he drove. Wally kept glancing out the side and back windows. Seth sat with his arms folded, barely contained panic betraying itself on his otherwise expressionless face.

Wally turned forward in his seat. "I'm seeing things too much to be any help."

Seth spoke without turning around, "Just tell us if you see something that shouldn't be moving."

"Like a zombie."

There was another period of silence, and then Adam spoke up. "The exit you want me to take doesn't seem to exist anymore, Dad."

"Take the next one."

There was a barely uttered squeak of fright from the back seat. "That's a fast zombie..." Wally finally whispered.

Adam glanced in the rear-view mirror, and the blood drained from his face. "Blade's here."

Seth used a word Adam and Wally never heard him use before. "How close is she?"

Wally looked back again. He blinked, confused. The skeleton had vanished-

THUMP!

The ceiling of the Grey's car caved in a little. Wally felt his heart attempt to restart itself. "Very, very close," he whimpered.

Blade's slowly leaned forward until her skeletal face filled the passenger-side window. "It's been such a long time, Seth," she said, her voice untouched by death. "The last time I saw you, you were a small child. Now you've become a fine man with adorable little children of your own." Her face vanished, only to reappear in Adam's window. "And such a strong one your eldest appears to be."

Adam forced himself not to look at Blade's face. "I believe this is your stop," he spat as he rapidly turned the steering wheel, trying to throw the skeleton off.

Blade put a hand on the window, and it shattered soon after. "I only want you. Any one of you." She pointed her empty eye sockets towards Seth, then slipped easily into the vehicle.

Adam screamed and tried to push Blade out of the car. Blade ducked under Adam's arm and leaped to Seth, pinning Adam's foot onto the gas pedal. The car lurched forward as the engine protested.

Blade grabbed the front of Seth's shirt, and he attempted to kick her off. Blade pulled forward, bringing Seth's face to her own. Seth gagged and pushed Blade's ribcage as Adam pulled her shoulder. There was a sound of cloth tearing, and Blade let go of Seth's ripped shirt and wrapped her arms around his neck. Seth put a hand on Blade's face and pushed-

--- (Fifteen years ago)

Jennifer's funeral had to be closed-casket. The explosion had damaged her body beyond recognition.

Seth stood beside the casket alone. Everyone else had gathered at the other end of the room, crying in each other's arms and mourning over the loss of Jennifer.

Seth's eyes were still bandaged, and he was unlikely ever to see again. This didn't stop his perfect memory from filling in everything he couldn't see: the black coffin, the blue walls, the white chairs.

Seth put his fingers under the coffin's lid and lifted it upwards. The only thing he didn't know was what was under that lid. Seth place a hand on his wife's broken face, and every scratch, burn, and crack etched themselves into Seth's mind.

Seth's knees gave out, and he fell on the floor, sobbing.

--- (Present day)

"No." Seth heart began to beat faster. "No. You didn't." But Seth's memory's didn't lie. The injuries on Blade's borrowed face matched those he had felt once before.

Blade momentarily paused. "What are you talking about, sweetie?" she asked.

Seth screeched, "GET OUT OF MY WIFE'S BODY!"

At the same time, Adam finally regained control of the car. He slammed on the brakes and turned the steering wheel to the left. Blade tumbled out of Adam's and Seth's lap and landed next to Wally. She lifted her face, then stopped moving as she felt the car rock back and forth.

Seth spoke after a long silence, "We're not on the road anymore, are we?"

Adam hadn't moved. "No, we aren't," he breathed.

The car hung halfway off the edge of a cliff. It leaned to the right, threatening to fall off the edge, then leaned to the left. The tires bounced of the ground, and the car balanced precariously on the edge.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Two - Taunting Gravity

===== (Deepmines)

Bahrakatan turned as a bright light filled his workshop, then suddenly found himself frozen in place. Walter stood in front of him, eyes glowing white.

"Where is Aa'une?" Wally asked fiercely.

Bahrakatan sighed. "This isn't really needed. You could just ask nicely."

Wally blinked. "Uh..."

Still frozen in place, Bahrakatan stated, "The words you're looking for are, 'Bahrakatan, could you please tell me where Aa'une is?'"

Wally grunted and waved his hand. Bahrakatan felt his body become mobile again. "I guess that'll do. Aa'une had everyone in M'arr evacuate to the Serpent's Tunnels, but he did not go there himself. He and his..." Bahrakatan fumbled for the word he was looking for.

"Plaything?" Wally offered.

"That's a good word. He and his 'plaything' went deeper into the planet. The Steam Chambers." Bahrakatan turned around and resumed his work. "Someone needs to knock him around a little. Ever since he found out how to block you, he's been finding excuses to drop his-"

"Where's the scanner you were making?" Wally interrupted, his face a little green.

"Aa'une took it. The scanner, my notes, everything. He treats me like an underling. He shouldn't. One oligarch shouldn't order around another oligarch. That right is reserved for the Elder Oligarchs."

--- (Earth)

Adam slowly unbuckled his seat belt. This slight movement caused the car to wobble even more. Without turning his head, Adam whispered, "Wally, unlock your door. Dad, lift your left arm up."

The car teetered, and finally balanced again.

"Wally, unbuckle your seat belt and slowly move it to your left. Dad, grab my shoulder."

Blade moved as if she was going to grab Wally, and the car creaked loudly. Blade froze in place.

Adam slowly opened his car door. "Dad, unbuckle your seat belt and quickly slide next to me. Wally, don't move yet."

The car titled more to the left, then to the right, threatening to fall over.

"Wally! Hit your window!"

As Wally did so, the car shuddered and became still.

"Wally, open your door. Dad, slide into the driver's seat." Adam put a foot out of the car and leaned, stopping when the car wobbled. Soon, he was out, but still pulling the side of the car down. "Give me your hand, Dad. Wally, Dad, on the count of three. One... two... three!"

Adam pulled Seth's hand, and they both tumbled to the ground. Wally leaped- and fell inside the vehicle again. Blade had grabbed his ankle.

"WALLY!" Adam cried, standing and racing to the car. The car leaned far over the cliff's edge and began to slide down.

Adam reached the edge to find Wally hanging there, while the car fell down the cliff with Blade still inside. Wally had created his own handhold by stabbing the side of the cliff with Raquez's sword.

There was a loud crash as the Grey's car hit the ground far below. The engine caught fire. As Adam reached down to grab Wally's hand, he spotted a thin figure escape from the burning car.

--- (Much later)

Regulus opened the door to find Adam, Wally, and Seth standing on his doorstep. He was about to ask what had happened when he noticed the black marks on the back of their hands.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Three - Facing Aa'une

===== (Later that night, Earth)

Regulus sat in the front room, hand on his rifle.

The Grey family slept upstairs, exhausted from escaping Blade that evening. However, Blade would still be chasing them, and someone needed to guard the house if Blade managed to track the Grey's down.

It had been many years since Blade had terrorized Azu and Seth. Regulus planned to repay her with a bullet in each eye socket.

There was a sound outside the front door, and Regulus stood and raised his weapon. The door's lock shuddered and began to turn on its own. Regulus aimed the rifle, finger on the trigger. The door creaked open-

A deep voice spoke, "Regulus, when I married your sister, she warned me that her family was odd, but I think that greeting your brother-in-law with the end of a gun is a little much."

Regulus lowered the rifle, mouth hanging open. Before he could speak, Azu continued, "It would probably be best if you don't tell Seth and his sons I'm here quite yet."

When Regulus tried to object, Azu's face became threatening. "I don't want to have to 'silvertongue' you, Regulus. Do as I say."

===== (Steam Chambers, Deepmines)

Wally stormed through the humid caverns in a rage. At times the steam limited his vision to a few feet in front of him, while other times he couldn't even see his hand when held it in front of his face.

Wally heart beat twice as fast when Aa'une's voice floated into his mind. [Ah! I don't remember inviting you, Walter, but you're welcome to stay!]

"Pretty calm word from a sick dog waiting to be put down, Aa'une!" Wally tried to see Aa'une through the dense steam.

Aa'une's mental laugh seemed to come from every direction at once. [I was getting a little bored sitting here alone, waiting for you. I'm just enjoying the moment.]

Alone? "What? You don't have your 'toy' with you?"

[Lo'q needed a breather, if that's who you mean by 'toy'. It seems that its difficult to 'heat the night' in a place like-]

"Yeah, yeah, I don't need the details," Wally muttered as he closed his eyes. He searched for the small part of his mind that let him peer into Aa'une's mind... but couldn't find it.

[What's this? Do I feel a pitiful attempt to read my thoughts? Walter, your own mind is far too unbalanced to attempt to invade mine.] After a short silence, Aa'une wondered aloud, [Are you even able to block my thoughts?]

Wally flinched as a heavily detailed memory suddenly popped inside his head. The memory faded as Aa'une chuckled. [I'm sorry, Walter I didn't occur to me that you wouldn't want to see my 'private moments' with Lo'q] Aa'une's thoughts laughed loudly.

Wally roared, "Stop hiding in the mist and face me, Aa'une!"

Aa'une voice came from directly in front of Wally. "As you wish."

The steam vanished, and Wally saw Aa'une floating just ahead of him. Wally stepped forward, eyes beginning to glow-

Wally's mouth and nose were suddenly covered by a foul-smelling cloth. Wally's brain seemed to go numb, and his eyes drifted down to the hand that held the cloth. His attackers face fell into and out of focus.

Wally muttered in a muffled voice, "H-Harold? How... how did... how did you...?"

Wally's world went black as he fell backwards.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:36 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Four - Not So Happy Reunion

===== (Earth, morning)

Wally rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he stepped into Regulus's kitchen. "Did _anyone_ get a good night's sleep?"

Seth shook his head. "My scanner woke me up in the middle of the night."

Adam muttered, "I kept dreaming of zombies."

Regulus shrugged, but didn't say anything. Wally stared at him for a while, then sat down. "Pass the Raisin Bran, please." As Regulus handed him the cereal, Wally asked, "So, what are you hiding from us?"

Regulus froze in his seat. Seth groaned, "Stop being paranoid-"

Wally interrupted, "He's not making eye contact with anyone."

Regulus continued to look at the table as he mumbled, "I'm just tired, okay?"

Wally narrowed his eyes, and the lights in the room went out, including the sunlight that was streaming into the room from the window. Adam looked around the darkened room, then suspiciously at Regulus. "You should know, Wally can tell if someone's lying."

Regulus cried out in shock as two rings of light suddenly surrounded him. Wally leaned forward, his eyes beginning to glow. "Did someone come during the night?"

Regulus stammered, "No! Nobody..." Regulus trailed off as one of the rings began to glow. "...Yes," he admitted, and that ring shattered.

"Was it Blade?" Wally continued.

Regulus looked up from the table. "Thankfully, no." The second ring of light remained dim.

Wally persisted, "Then who was it?"

Regulus looked as if he was about to lie again, but then he looked past Wally in surprise. The remaining ring of light shattered without having ever shone brightly, and the lights in the room came back on.

A voice behind Wally praised, "What a remarkable talent! To think that another Silvertongue would be born into the Grey family so soon!"

Adam and Wally quickly turned in their seats to see their grandfather, Azu, leaning casually against the frame of the kitchen door.

--- (Perim, Deepmines)

Wally was woken up by a splash of cold water to the face. A voice he didn't recognize called out, "Wake up, human."

Wally tried to wiped the water from his face, only to discover that his arms had been tied behind his back. The second thing he noticed was that he was unable to open his eyes; a cloth was tightly tied around his head as well. To top it all off, there was a chain around his neck, too.

Another voice spoke, and Wally recognized this one as Aa'une's: "You're to dangerous running around, you know. And I have no idea what your Earth self will be able to do if you die. My solution... well, I guess you can cal yourself my 'pet'."

--- (Earth)

Seth scowled. "It's been a long time, Dad. Fifteen years, eight months, and twenty days to be exact."

Azu shook his head, still smiling. "My little Seth... I thought you'd be happy to see me."

"Well, I'm not." Seth resumed eating.

Adam asked, "What are you doing here, Grandpa?"

Azu shrugged. "I guess I'm going to help get rid of Blade again."

Wally narrowed his eyes. "And then what?"

Azu chuckled. "You _are_ paranoid. I'll be heading back home after that."

Wally's eyes began to glow again, and the room went dark. Azu's smile vanished, and his eyes glowed as well. Wally yelped in surprise as Azu vanished behind a wall of glowing rings.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Five - Skeleton Key

=====

Blade sneaked around the house, searching for an entry. For the first time, four sons of Raquez had gathered together, and she would not miss this opportunity...

Every door and window was locked, but when had that stopped her before? Blade crept back to the front door and placed a skeletal hand on the frame. Her voice hissed, "Obey my command: open."

The lock clicked quietly, and the handle turned on its own. Blade slowly pushed the door open-

WHAM!

---

Seth's head shot up. "What was that?"

Wally wasn't quite sure what had happened, either. A moment ago, Azu had been casually leaning against the kitchen door frame, and the next he had spun around and pointed at the front door, which slammed shut violently.

Azu's voice was no longer cheerful. "She's here already," he spat.

---

Blade hit the ground and rolled, then sprang back to her feet. Azu had learned a few new tricks. Blade charged at the door and leaped-

---

The front door of Regulus's house came crashing down as Blade barreled through it. Wood splintered into the living room as the skeleton charged at Azu.

Adam and Wally stared at their grandfather as he swiftly flung his palm upwards, knocking Blade's borrowed skull backwards and onto the floor. Unhindered by her lack of a head, Blade tackled Azu, wrapped her arms around him, and wrestled him to the ground

--- (Perim, Deepmines)

A while after Aa'une taunted Wally, some pulled the blindfold off. Wally squinted in the sudden light, and he could only see a dark silhouette.

"You humans are more trouble than you're worth," said the voice, and Wally knew it belonged to Vitar'zu. Wally opened his eyes wide enough to see Vitar'zu's face, blackened by a Pyroblaster. "Your brother destroyed any respect everyone had for me," Vitar'zu continued, "and your father set me on fire."

Vitar'zu put a foot on Wally's chest and pushed him to the wet ground. Then he placed the Shard BattleGear in his hand on his own chest, and the gem embedded itself into him. "I'm going to take my vengeance on you," Vitar'zu promised, and flames erupted from his hand and claw. "And I will remove you from this world before you can do any harm to me."

Wally scooted away, trying to call for help, but his throat was so dry that only a whisper came out. Vitar'zu extinguished the flames in his hand and claw, and, using the claw, grabbed Wally around the throat. The Kha'rall lifted Wally into the air and pressed him against the wall, gripping his hand around around Wally's face. Wally felt Vitar'zu's hand begin to heat up.

"Farewell, Walter Grey!" Vitar'zu bellowed.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Six - Flames of Rage

=====

"Farewell, Walter Grey!" Vitar'zu bellowed. "Torrent of Fla-!"

"VITAR'ZU!!!"

The Kha'rall was launched backwards, and Wally hit the ground, gasping. Wally looked up, confused. Had Aa'une just saved him?

---

Vitar'zu hit the far wall and slid to the ground. He blinked and looked up at Aa'une's furious face.

"DID I NOT FORBID THIS MERE SECONDS AGO?" Aa'une roared.

Vitar'zu flinched, but replied, "I stand by what I said before: he's too dangerous to let live."

Aa'une opened and shut his mouth, growling too heavily to speak. He pointed to Wally and commanded, "Lo'q, blindfold him again."

Lo'q timidly floated away from Aa'une's side and picked up the cloth that Vitar'zu had thrown aside, then turned to Wally.

"Congratulations..." Wally muttered.

Lo'q raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

Wally gave Lo'q an odd look. "Congratulations. It's a boy."

---

Vitar'zu continued, "Shall I list the names? Inhu'kalin: driven mad by fear. Kew'i, Pa'a, and Habo'k: comatose. Ki'ilil: dead. Ter'ro: imprisoned on Earth. Siril'ean: insane. And finally, you: driven into hiding for almost a month. And that's only a fraction of what Walter has done in the past two months alone."

***'une leaned forward until his eyes were level with Vitar'zu's. "Those humans, the Grey family, have eluded death at every turn! Seth Grey fell from a mile in the sky. Lord Van Bloot heard the human's heart stop beating as he hit the ground. AND HE WAS WALKING, ALIVE AND UNSCATHED, THE VERY NEXT DAY!"

Vitar'zu muttered, "Um, my Lord? Lo'q is-"

Aa'une interrupted, "Adam Grey died and was buried. Days later he destroyed the Heat Cannon!"

Vitar'zu cut in, "Uh, that was Aad'aam, and what is Lo'q doing?"

Aa'une spun around to see Lo'q trying to remove Wally's chain. "Stop!" he commanded, his eyes glowing red. Lo'q froze as a red light surrounded her, and she fell to the ground.

Aa'une narrowed his eyes at Wally. "Death isn't an option here, Vitar'zu. However, I have another idea. Fetch Walter's scanner from Bahrakatan. We will deliver a message to the Greys, one they won't forget.

Wally shuddered. With Lo'q incapacitated, he had seen exactly what Aa'une was planning.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Seven - Promise Under Pain

===== (Earth, Regulus's house)

Disassembling a skeleton can be compared to wrestling a rather fragile person. That is, if you're trying to hurt said person.

Adam stomped on Blade's crawling hand the same way one would step on a large spider: repeatedly, making sure it was dead. He stood, breathing heavily, and looked around at the jigsaw puzzle his family had just created.

Seth sat at the table, rubbing his forehead. A headless Blade had swung her arm into his face, and the place it hit was developing a large bruise. "Is it bad?" he asked. When nobody answered right away, he sighed. "At least she's gone for a while."

Regulus was helping Wally to his feet. One of the flying bones had hit Wally's knee rather hard, and Regulus was kicked in the back of the neck. Blade might actually have been aiming in that exact location.

The only person who looked unharmed was Azu, who had already grabbed a broom. "Sometimes I think our lives could be made into a horror movie," he muttered.

He was about to continue, but a beeping came from Adam's and Seth's pockets. Seth took his scanner out and showed it to Adam. "Who is it?"

"It's Wally!" Adam exclaimed breathlessly as he looked at his scanner as well.

Azu and Regulus raised eyebrows and glanced back and forth between Wally and Adam. Adam answered the scanner and rushed, "Wally! Where have you been? Blade came and-"

"Hello Adam Grey. Hello Seth."

Azu noticed Adam, Seth, and Wally freeze at the sound of the voice coming from the scanner, color draining from their faces.

Aa'une continued, "As you can no doubt see, Walter Grey was foolish enough to challenge me. To ensure that no further attempts to interfere with the M'arrillians will be made, I'm holding him as a hostage. If I see, hear, or even sense that you're helping the Dryland Alliance..." Aa'une snapped his fingers.

Wally's screaming voice could be heard offscreen, along with the sound of crackling flames. Vitar'zu's laugh could be heard as well.

Aa'une cackled. "That was only a taste of what will happen. Try to stop me, and it will be worse. I want you to promise under pain that you will not fight for, plan for, or lead the Dryland again. You will no longer be Seth Grey, fifth Captain of the Dryland Alliance. And you will no longer be Adam Grey, the human High Muge."

Aa'une's face vanished from the screen.

Adam looked like someone who just saw his best friend die. Wally looked as if he WOULD die. Seth... hit the table with his fists so hard that it broke. He bellowed, "GIVE HIM BACK, COWARD!"

Regulus muttered, "I think Blade heard that."

Adam turned to see Blade's still intact skull staring. "Another son of Raqu-?"

Adam lifted a hand towards the skull. "ALLMAGEDDON!" A twisted beam of light erupted from his hand and smashed the skull, and a large portion of the floor, into dust-sized pieces.

----- (Outside the house)

"Another world," Azu contemplated. "Perim, Adam's mind called it." Azu dug a newspaper clipping out of his pocket, looking at the fuzzy image of a person throwing a fireball. The title of the article was, "Pryokinetic Man Stops Robbery and Vanishes".

Azu smiled. He wasn't particularly fond of games, but Chaotic just might be an exception.

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Undead and Insanity: Chapter Eight - Son of Raquez

===== (Harold's house, hours later)

Harold sat in the living room chair, his head leaning backwards. His breath came in shallow gasps. Floating in front of him was a projection of Erak'tabb, the M'arrillian chieftain who had brainwashed him. Standing in front of Erak'tabb was Azu.

"You're lying again, Jelly," Azu mocked.

"My name isn't Jelly!" Erak'tabb wailed. "Let me go!"

"No," Azu stated, his eyes glowing red. Electricity erupted from the floor and shot through Erak'tabb, who screeched horribly. Azu repeated his question, "How often have you or your kind come to Earth?"

"THREE TIMES! INCLUDING THIS ONE!" Erak'tabb began to sob.

Azu then asked, "How is my grandson able to manipulate the elements?"

"I don't know! You're a Grey, ask him!"

Azu laughed. "Actually, I'm not technically a Grey. Grey is a false surname that Regulus came up with." Azu reverted to his original question. "Do you have an idea of how Adam got his powers? You know, besides from Aad'aam?"

"No..." The floor crackled with energy. "WAIT! I... I think he got it from the Cothica!"

"That's the power source of Perim you spoke about earlier," Azu remembered.

"...If... you aren't a Grey... then what are you... and the rest of your family."

Azu made a twisted grin. "Remember when you told me about Aad'aam, and how I wasn't surprised that Adam had trapped him inside his mind? It's because of our namesake." Azu's eyes now began to glow white. "My name is Azu Souleater."

Erak'tabb's eyes widened. He didn't even have time to scream as Azu grabbed him. Erak'tabb's projected body dissolved into specks of light, which collected in Azu's palm and sank into his skin.

----- (Perim, Deepmines)

Erak'tabb suddenly fell. His eyes stared up at the ceiling, unmoving. The light behind his eyes and within his body began to flicker and fade...

----- (Earth, Harold's house)

Harold gasped. He no longer heard the M'arrillian's voice in his head. Harold lifted his head and looked for the person who rescued him.

Harold unsteadily came to his feet and wobbled to the telephone.

"...Krystal? ...It's your father......There's something about that card game you have to know..."

----- (Perim, Kiru City)

Chaor had finally swallowed his pride and was asking the OverWorld for help. He was surprised to see Kopond already there. "Kopond, I thought you were with Tangath trying to rescue UnderWorlders."

Kopond glanced between Chaor and a creature behind him. "I needed to say something to you... and Najarin."

Najarin spoke up, "He already told me, and time is short, so I'll say this quickly. Walter Grey... and possibly his entire family, have royal blood. The proof of this is etched as a mark on the back of their right hands."

Chaor's eyes bulged. Chaor glanced to the back of his own hand.

"Yes," Najarin said as a black mark appeared on Chaor's hand, "that mark."

Chaor breathed, "Raquez, the Meteor Lord. Father of Kiru. My ancestor."

=====
    monkeymania1
    monkeymania1
    Ultra Rare

Post by monkeymania1 Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Powerless: Chapter Zero - Anger Management

===== (Two days later, Crellan Drome)

Gespidan was running full tilt through the Catacombs of the Conjurors. Turn left, turn right, turn right again... and he could still hear Adam's creature behind him.

The Chaotic player playing as Gespidan turned a sharp left into a crack in the catacomb's walls. He cowered there as Adam's massive creature bent down and stared at him with one eye. Adam tried to grab the OverWorlder through the crack, but his hand was to large.

Adam straightened back up to Khorror's full height and roared, shaking the entire location with his voice alone. Adam drew the Warbeast's fist back and leaned away from the wall. As Adam threw the punch forward, every muscle down Khorror's body rippled, adding more power to the already stone-shattering blow. The wall exploded outwards as Khorror's fist connected.

Sharp slabs of rock rained down on Gespidan as he scrambled away from the destroyed wall. Adam plucked Gespidan off the ground between a finger and thumb and lifted him to his eye level. Gespidan gasped for breath, Khorror's grip squeezing the air from his lungs. Khorro's other hand grabbed the blue creature's head-

The location burst into code as Adam tore Gespidan in half.

-----

"Could you try to NOT brutally mutilate every creature you fight in the Dromes, Adam?" Paul was still shaken by his battle with Adam. Every single one of his creatures had been coded horribly. Attacat had been chewed on, Antidaeon was crushed by a fist, and Heptadd met his end smeared on the walls of Kiru City.

"I'm practicing for when I can squash Aa'une," Adam seethed.

Paul groaned. "You're scaring people! Ever since two days ago, you swapped from your normal invisibility strategy to this Warbeast army. And you AREN'T using conjurors! You're completely out of control while in the BattleDromes!"

After a few seconds, Adam stood up. "Rematch, you and me. Crellan. Right now."

Paul blinked. "Why don't you tell me what's wrong?"

"Rematch," Adam said, an edge creeping into his voice. "If you want, I won't use any Warbeasts."

-----

"You've got to be kidding..." Paul groaned as he looked at the board.

"My turn first," Adam growled. "Aad'aam attacks Maxxor!"

=====

Someone is mad...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 am